EPL 2018-19

Goo Punch

So just got home. I took some pictures, but what you saw on TV pretty much was the whole place. It was fun. Wish I went for more sessions.

There was free food, free drinks and free merchandise from each team. Don't have your clubs scar or need another one? Solved.

So if NBC ever takes that to your town, my advice, sign up for every session. They had 4 sessions here, an early and late session on each day Saturday and Sunday. I went to the Sunday late session. A registered ticket got you entry, drink tickets and free club merchandise. But when you go to the last session, a lot of the stuff is picked through, most of the big clubs merchandise was already gone. Plus from Session 1 to session 2, walk out, walk right back in, more drink tickets more merch.

• Like 1

So just got home. I took some pictures, but what you saw on TV pretty much was the whole place. It was fun. Wish I went for more sessions.
There was free food, free drinks and free merchandise from each team. Don't have your clubs scar or need another one? Solved.
So if NBC ever takes that to your town, my advice, sign up for every session. They had 4 sessions here, an early and late session on each day Saturday and Sunday. I went to the Sunday late session. A registered ticket got you entry, drink tickets and free club merchandise. But when you go to the last session, a lot of the stuff is picked through, most of the big clubs merchandise was already gone. Plus from Session 1 to session 2, walk out, walk right back in, more drink tickets more merch.
The EPL is a marketing machine

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

On 3/31/2019 at 7:19 PM, midtown said:

The EPL is a marketing machine

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

And with only 20 teams. I would guess they out-merchandise every league in the world except for the MLB and NFL. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

And with only 20 teams. I would guess they out-merchandise every league in the world except for the MLB and NFL. 

For now.  Consider that almost every corner of the world plays soccer vs NFL or MLB; at some point I expect the PL will pass everyone.  The PL is so young and they are just starting to expand their broadcasting.

Edited by midtown

11 minutes ago, midtown said:

For now.  Consider that almost every corner of the world plays soccer vs NFL or MLB; at some point I expect the PL will pass everyone.  The PL is so young and they are just starting to expand their broadcasting.

Maybe on a per club basis. They are way behind MLB and NFL in total revenue, though. 

Baseball is pretty international (although in very specific places) and the NFL is trying to push their market globally (remains to be seen how successful that will be, however).

On 3/31/2019 at 3:54 PM, Captain Ron said:

Awesome. How was Miss Rebecca?

On 4/2/2019 at 3:26 PM, Jograves said:

The battle for fourth is really 'hotting up.'

3. Arsenal 63

4. Tottenham 61

5. United 61

6. Chelsea 60

Tottenham 64

Arsenal 63

Chelsea 63

United 61

ETA: Arsenal has a game in hand.

Ole took over ManU on 12/19/18. ManU were 6th in the table and 22 points behind the league leaders. ManU is currently 6th and 19 points behind the league leaders. Improvement!

Edited by Jograves
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Tottenham 64

Arsenal 63

Chelsea 63

United 61

Ole took over ManU on 12/19/18. ManU were 6th in the table and 22 points behind the league leaders. ManU is currently 6th and 19 points behind the league leaders. Improvement!

premier league mourinho GIF

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Tottenham 64

Arsenal 63

Chelsea 63

United 61

I gotta say that playing to their strength is probably a better strategy than playing to their weakness. If they fix their defensive personnel issue, Ole probably has that team ready to go faster than Mou would have.

Just now, Captain Ron said:

I gotta say that playing to their strength is probably a better strategy than playing to their weakness. If they fix their defensive personnel issue, Ole probably has that team ready to go faster than Mou would have.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Tottenham 64

Arsenal 63

Chelsea 63

United 61

Oh, come on.  I can definitely believe that I'm attacking Mou.  ManU were also 8 points behind 5th, 11 points behind 4th, and 13 points behind 3rd.  Since Ole took over they've basically played about even with Man City and Liverpool and made up a lot of ground on the other 3....much better than they were doing under Mou. 

Edited by WBT