EPL 2018-19

Goo Punch

56 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Brighton's last 5 matches are Wolves, Spurs, Newcastle, Arsenal and City. RIP.

If Brighton can get 3 points from that (Newcastle), Cardiff would have to get 6 points from their remaining 4 matches..

[Liverpool, Fulham, Palace, Man U]

to get past Brighton.

Obviously, Cardiff looks to Fulham and Palace. Doable, but the odds are still against them.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

• Like 1

Just now, Jograves said:

I agree with yoladu. Goal differential could come into play in this battle. It's hard to see a way back for Cardiff if Brighton manages a draw in one of their remaining matches. 

Cardiff has been playing better as of late, but has been a bit unlucky and had some pretty shitty referee decisions go against them in the last few matches

21 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

2 spots, 4 teams, here is what everyone has left (home games bold)

3. Spurs 67: City, Brighton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Everton
4. Arsenal 66: Palace, Wolves, Leicester City, Brighton, Burnley
5. Chelsea 66: Burnley, ManU, Watford, Leicester City
6. ManU 64: Everton. City, Chelsea, Huddersfield, Cardiff

Thoughts on this finish per team:

Spurs - City is their toughest game, after that finish 3 of 4 at home.
Arsenal - Pretty light schedule, but they shouldn't overlook Leicester City
Chelsea - only having 4 games doesn't help and the ManU-Chelsea could be an elimination game
ManU - rough finish with 2 of the last 5 against top 6 clubs, even if they are at home.

Nobody has it super easy. Because of the ManU-Chelsea game, I have to give Spurs and Arsenal the advantage for the top 4.

20 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Yeah arsenal has best bet imo...
Spurs 2nd best chance(hoping they get some kind of points against city)
Chelsea/manu cant draw if one of them want a top 4 spot imo....will be fun

Spurs have the easiest path.  They will probably not get any points at City, but they will likely get the other 12, even without Kane.
ManU have to play two top 6 teams, but get both at home.  They no longer have to juggle lineups for CL, and will be focused the rest of the way.
Arsenal should get 9 points from Palace, Brighton, and Burnley, but they are the most likely to drop points that they shouldn't.  At Wolves and Leicester will likely yield 0-2 points.
Chelsea have the hardest path, facing 3 top 8 teams, and having one fewer remaining match.   

I expect Spurs to finish in third, and Chelsea 6th.  The battle for fourth between ManU and Arsenal is closer than it appears on paper.  It will likely come down to the last week, but we'll have a pretty good idea after both have played their next 3 EPL matches.   

That United/Chelsea match is a real six pointer. 

I think if you look at it from a points standpoint, it's going to take 75 points to get in the top 4. United needs 11 from their remaining 15, so they'll need points off of either City or Chelsea to get there. Neville said on Sky Sports the other night that he could see them resting players against City, but I don't think they can afford to. Meanwhile, their form in all comps is pretty shitty. They've lost 5 of their last 7 matches. 

6 hours ago, Jograves said:

That United/Chelsea match is a real six pointer. 

I think if you look at it from a points standpoint, it's going to take 75 points to get in the top 4. United needs 11 from their remaining 15, so they'll need points off of either City or Chelsea to get there. Neville said on Sky Sports the other night that he could see them resting players against City, but I don't think they can afford to. Meanwhile, their form in all comps is pretty shitty. They've lost 5 of their last 7 matches. 

Who could they bench? Did you see that dogshit back 4 they ran out last night?

Yeah, obviously your frame of soccer reference is limited to about 2012. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/munich-air-disaster-the-survivors-who-never-played-again-11238262
Wow really i had no idea that ever happened...how careless of me

Man i cant believe watched owen, fowler, torres and crouch only 5 short years ago

You keep being sensitive though...hell my cousin in liverpool just texted me he is rooting for the ground to open up and swallow the stadium before supporters show up

On 4/17/2019 at 7:13 AM, idigTexas said:

Spurs have the easiest path.  They will probably not get any points at City, but they will likely get the other 12, even without Kane.
ManU have to play two top 6 teams, but get both at home.  They no longer have to juggle lineups for CL, and will be focused the rest of the way.
Arsenal should get 9 points from Palace, Brighton, and Burnley, but they are the most likely to drop points that they shouldn't.  At Wolves and Leicester will likely yield 0-2 points.
Chelsea have the hardest path, facing 3 top 8 teams, and having one fewer remaining match.   

I expect Spurs to finish in third, and Chelsea 6th.  The battle for fourth between ManU and Arsenal is closer than it appears on paper.  It will likely come down to the last week, but we'll have a pretty good idea after both have played their next 3 EPL matches.   

Like I said, ManU is focused...on sucking, apparently.