EPL 2018-19

Goo Punch

9 hours ago, Jograves said:

There's nothing worse than a color commentator who thinks he's funny when he isn't. Lee Dixon is the worst. 

i brought this up on reddit years ago and the English blokes all rallied around him and acted like I had just dissed heir own Tony Romo (or whoever it is that's the most popular American broadcaster). Don't get me wrong, I'm all for self-deprecating humor, but when it's your only shtick and you use it all game, every game, every year, well, it just comes off like you're trying to remind everyone that you used to play. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

PFA Premier League Team of the Year 2019

Ederson (Manchester City), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Virgil Van Dijk (Liverpool), Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City), Andy Robertson (Liverpool), Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Bernardo Silva (Manchester City), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Sadio Mane (Liverpool).

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, I don't know how Salah is not included in this team.  

I guess Fergie called up his buds at the FA and demanded Pogba be in the team. I'd have gone with Eriksen over Pogba for sure. Kante, Ramsey, and Maddison are probably better choices too, but when it comes down to it, there hasn't been a whole lot of midfielders who have really stood out this year.  I think you could maybe argue Wijnaldum has had a better season than Pogba but because he's not asked to score goals, he doesn't get the recognition. Wijnaldum's first half of the season was outstanding. Xhaka probably has been better overall than Pogba too. 

No Salah or Hazard. They should've just shoehorned Hazard into the midfield instead of Pogba.

The narrative around Salah this season has been so incredibly stupid. Apparently leading the league in goals means you’re having a down year because you didn’t break your own league record from the year before.
Yup ridiculous...a good 3 game run and he wins golden boot again for league...but yeah he sucks this year apparently

I'm gonna guess that people are just bitching to bitch about Salah. 

You can have any of the 4 and you can't be wrong. Salah was the man left out this year, it is what it is. If you look at stats alone, Mane should be left out but obviously not if you have seen the games. 

Aguero 19 goals, 8 assists (30 games)

Salah 19 goals, 7 assists (35 games)

Mane 18 goals, 1 assist (33 games)

Sterling 17 goals, 10 assists (31 games)

Four great players who deserve to be in the XI, unfortunately, there is just space for three. 

Now, Pogba over Hazard is fucking stupid.

Edited by JNip

15 minutes ago, JNip said:

I'm gonna guess that people are just bitching to bitch about Salah. 

You can have any of the 4 and you can't be wrong. Salah was the man left out this year, it is what it is. If you look at stats alone, Mane should be left out but obviously not if you have seen the games. 

Aguero 19 goals, 8 assists (30 games)

Salah 19 goals, 7 assists (35 games)

Mane 18 goals, 1 assist (33 games)

Sterling 17 goals, 10 assists (31 games)

Four great players who deserve to be in the XI, unfortunately, there is just space for three. 

Now, Pogba over Hazard is fucking stupid.

Hazard is 16 goals and 13 assists for anyone interested.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Hazard is 16 goals and 13 assists for anyone interested.

Also

His goal tally is 4th most, assist tally is most in the league

29 goal involvements - most in league

13 MOTM - most in the league

122 dribbles - most in the league

89 chances created - 2nd most in the league

So much is dependent on when the voting occurs. Hazard had just 3 goals in 12 league appearances from late December to the beginning of April. Mo had a similar dry spell during that time.

City has been like gangbusters the second half of the season. Raheem and Aguero have really stood out. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Also

His goal tally is 4th most, assist tally is most in the league

29 goal involvements - most in league

13 MOTM - most in the league

122 dribbles - most in the league

89 chances created - 2nd most in the league

Ah I see you too follow /r/soccer 

So much is dependent on when the voting occurs. Hazard had just 3 goals in 12 league appearances from late December to the beginning of April. Mo had a similar dry spell during that time.
City has been like gangbusters the second half of the season. Raheem and Aguero have really stood out. 
It says players for the year as in season right....now i wasnt arguing for salah necessarily just concurring with post about the talk of salah not playing well this year

The lack of Alisson though who could break the clean sheets record is BS

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Yeah Huddersfield, that's why you're going down. Keita scored for LIverpool in 20 seconds of the whistle starting the game. 

players wages might have something to do with it, too. 

Highest weekly wage earner in the starting line up : Huddersfield - Kongolo (£35,000)

Liverpool - Salah ( £200,000)

lowest weekly wage earner in the starting line up : Huddersfield - Mbenza (£9,300)

Liverpool - Robertson ( £50,000)

the lowest weekly wage earner in the Liverpool starting XI makes more than Huddersfield highest earner.

the score should be 16 - 0, not 4 - 0.

It's not exactly a fair fight.

Edited by yoladu

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

players wages might have something to do with it, too. 

Highest weekly wage earner in the starting line up : Huddersfield - Kongolo (£35,000)

Liverpool - Salah ( £200,000)

lowest weekly wage earner in the starting line up : Huddersfield - Mbenza (£9,300)

Liverpool - Robertson ( £50,000)

the lowest weekly wage earner in the Liverpool starting XI makes more than Huddersfield highest earner.

the score should be 16 - 0, not 4 - 0.

It's not exactly a fair fight.

Right because 5-0, 21 shots to 5, and 5 fouls to 14 and over twice the passes completed isn't enough of an ass beating already. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Right because 5-0, 21 shots to 5, and 5 fouls to 14 and over twice the passes completed isn't enough of an ass beating already. 

yeah, it was a bit of hyperbole, but get over yourselves, the top 6 have all been getting their licks in a club that clearly doesn't have the talent to compete.

Spurs 4 - 0 Huddersfield (22 shots to 7, over twice the passes completed)

Chelsea 5 - 0 Huddersfield (23 shots to 5, nearly twice the pass completed)

City 6 - 1 Huddersfield (32 shots to 5, thrice the passes completed)

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

yeah, it was a bit of hyperbole, but get over yourselves, the top 6 have all been getting their licks in a club that clearly doesn't have the talent to compete.

Spurs 4 - 0 Huddersfield (22 shots to 7, over twice the passes completed)

Chelsea 5 - 0 Huddersfield (23 shots to 5, nearly twice the pass completed)

City 6 - 1 Huddersfield (32 shots to 5, thrice the passes completed)

Not a Pool fan, champ. But point taken and way to back it up with stats. 

• Like 1