The Dallas Stars 2022 Offseason Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

disappointing, but inevitable

Yeah, I'd rather use the $6M he's likely to get on a pair of $3M blue-liners if we could.

And, I was on vacation last week but how the hell did I miss Bryan Marchment died a few days ago at the NHL Draft?!?!? No idea on cause of death, I presume.

Yeah, I'd rather use the $6M he's likely to get on a pair of $3M blue-liners if we could.
And, I was on vacation last week but how the hell did I miss Bryan Marchment died a few days ago at the NHL Draft?!?!? No idea on cause of death, I presume.

Hatcher beat his ass.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Klinger officially gone, signing a 1-year, $7M deal in Anaheim.

Also, we're apparently in on the Patrick Kane trade talks. Plenty of other links but this blogger says Kane is a "disliked" player by Stars fans. This is news to me.

https://dalsportsnation.com/2022/07/29/dallas-stars-trade-rumors-heat-up-as-klingberg-leaves/

I'd be fine with Kane, assuming we resign Otter and Robo. Don't fuck this up, Nill.

On 8/2/2022 at 12:01 PM, C-Man said:

Klinger officially gone, signing a 1-year, $7M deal in Anaheim.

Also, we're apparently in on the Patrick Kane trade talks. Plenty of other links but this blogger says Kane is a "disliked" player by Stars fans. This is news to me.

https://dalsportsnation.com/2022/07/29/dallas-stars-trade-rumors-heat-up-as-klingberg-leaves/

I would trade Seguin for Kane if Chicago was dumb enough to do that 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:25 PM, Fudbelty said:

Or was it the penalty box? I forgot I watched this live.

Similar thing happened when I was in juniors years ago.

We had a goon kind of guy take a run at one of their guys as we were yelling for him to come off the ice. He turns around makes a beeline for the bench. One of their guys decided to take a payback shot and made a run for him right as we opened the door to the bench. He skated off and within a second, the other kid goes chest first right into the open board. Miracle it didn't seriously injure him. We still have it on tape somewhere.  

• 2 weeks later...

am I the only one worried about the Otter/Robo situation? We still have four (4!) NHL-caliber goalies on the roster in Otter, Wedgie, Dobby, and Holtby. Surely Nill has gotta deal Dobby and Holtby, right? I'll be beyond pissed if he lets either of Robo or Otter go. That just cannot happen.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Catpfish said:

Dallas Stars are going to be having 3 training camp days in Cedar Park.  3 sessions on the 22nd and 23rd and then a scrimmage on the 24th.  I believe the tickets are free but have to be claimed online.

Done. Thanks!

https://offer.fevo.com/dallas-stars-scrimmage-rgshcjd-e45821c?fevoUri=dallas-stars-scrimmage-rgshcjd-e45821c%2F

4 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Didn’t catch the game. How did they look? Any bright spots?

Random notes:

• Dobby looks done. I just don't see him returning to form.
  • Lundkvist looked good. Small sample size, but he's got skill.
  • Stankoven and Johnston are NHL ready. They remind me a lot of Zegras and Milano. Jamie looked really good playing with them, mostly being puck retrieval and setup guy. They just need a little help finishing.
  • Pavs looked rusty, but he might also not give two shits about preseason.
  • I'm still not sold on Dellandrea. I cannot name one thing I think he does well or stands out doing. He's not fast. He's not physical. He doesn't score. Why the high praise?
  • Tufte is a bust. He just always looked lost.
  • I hope Studenic makes the roster. He brings a lot of energy when he is on the ice
  • Blumel also stood out a lot. He had several top scoring chances.
  • Everyone else was somewhat unnoticeable.

Another tilt tonight in Tulsa. Unclear if this is also being streamed:
FdrviHbWYAIWSV7?format=jpg&name=large

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, markstanco said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47bqq2e7qzeyuuijsec1

In all seriousness thanks for the update.  Maybe he can turn it around from getting under 20 goals the last 4 or 5 years.  

that's the thing. I don't think anyone expects him to have 40+ goals anytime soon. but if he can put up 20g/40a or thereabouts and help set up some of these young guys (not to mention give them some protection) I think he'd have a renewed purpose ala Pavs last season. I actually think Segs has a re-breakout season. Don't be surprised if he puts up 80+ points this campaign (and we need him to).

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I actually think Segs has a re-breakout season. Don't be surprised if he puts up 80+ points this season (and we need him to).

You are the 'all stars all the time' goto for me, but 80 points is a BUNCH for him.  

CSB/ My college buddy who I go to games with has the 20/25 game 2 seat package.  Nice seats, I had some pics in last years thread.  Just not perfect, it was defense/offense/defense seating. He just started dating a lady with 2 kids and she has 4 ON THE GLASS for the season and has for a while.  I told him if she starts to go retard suck it up until June since she cant make all the games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You are the 'all stars all the time' goto for me, but 80 points is a BUNCH for him.  

CSB/ My college buddy who I go to games with has the 20/25 game 2 seat package.  Nice seats, I had some pics in last years thread.  Just not perfect, it was defense/offense/defense seating. He just started dating a lady with 2 kids and she has 4 ON THE GLASS for the season and has for a while.  I told him if she starts to go retard suck it up until June since she cant make all the games. 

he was healthy last season but still rehabbing several major surgeries. so he is now on year two of being healthy and kept a good offseason regimen. I'd say his floor is 65pts, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if it's a lot more than that. I also wouldn't be shocked if he hovers around 40-50points as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

new hires showed up last night. Marchment with two goals and Miller with a helper. Kivi and Faksa both had good nights a goal and an assist and two helpers, respectively.

add Robertson back into the mix🤞and this team might be a bitch to play against. we have speed and size and possibly the right combination of both. now we just gotta put pucks past netminders

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68