Great Replacement Theory is no longer fringe, it’s mainstream

Satchel

54 minutes ago, 'stache said:

There is no way to counter this when people believe lies and refuse to acknowledge truth. 

... and lack empathy. frankly i think that is the #1 problem. the lies and ignorance have killed natural empathy.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I get the impulse to try to educate fatty. It's common for liberal-leaning people to think that someone like him can't be this big of an asshole, they must simply be uninformed and not have much in the way of life experiences. That's indeed the case for some people and they can become better people through being exposed to a more diverse crowd with different backgrounds and perspectives that they can learn from. But most of those who are capable of learning and improving are young. 

Fatty? He's just a huge asshole. He's not misinformed. He just doesn't care about other people, except insofar as seeing other people eat and breathe and have shelter without sufficiently "earning it" enrages him.

It is two fold.  We have had posters who started out that way but changed (Chitown IIRC).   Second, it does not do us any good to let semi-reasonable posts go unchallenged when they are really just bullshit.  It is how Tahoe survived so long before he finally revealed who he really was.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

This encapsulates my last comment pretty well. It's been 35 years since Reagan created the "welfare queen" stereotype, and to this day, people think that people on welfare are living high on the hog by not working, and not the reality that they are barely scraping by to eat and hope for a roof over their heads. There is no way to counter this when people believe lies and refuse to acknowledge truth. 

I remember asking my mom if she'd rather change positions and live in government housing with $1600 a month for four kids and she promptly shut up.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

It is two fold.  We have had posters who started out that way but changed (Chitown IIRC).   Second, it does not do us any good to let semi-reasonable posts go unchallenged when they are really just bullshit.  It is how Tahoe survived so long before he finally revealed who he really was.   

Chitown had Henry freaking Kravis or some other capitalist vulture of that ilk pay him 8 figures. That is an anomaly and probably not a good example as it seems like it would be easy for fatty or anyone really to have a change of heart when you become a 20-millionaire overnight and all of the sudden you can dedicate your prime years to the highest of Maslov's heirarchy.

Edited by Vegas64
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

because that fucking water head was the start of fear-based politics. never mind the actual issues this country is facing - think of all the immigrants coming here to steal your job!

It goes back farther than Regan. Nixon and the Southern Strategy nailed fear based ads / rhetoric that black people were at fault for the troubles in the US.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

because that fucking water head was the start of fear-based politics. never mind the actual issues this country is facing - think of all the immigrants coming here to steal your job!

Shit, no, man.  He wasn't the start of fear-based politics.  That is as old as time.

He was carrying on with a variant of GRT that, as has been pointed out, predated him.

Hell, the red scare and McCarthyism was a species of GRT.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Shit, no, man.  He wasn't the start of fear-based politics.  That is as old as time.

He was carrying on with a variant of GRT that, as has been pointed out, predated him.

Hell, the red scare and McCarthyism was a species of GRT.

Shit, I remember seeing The Birth of a Nation for the first time.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

Chitown had Henry freaking Kravis or some other capitalist vulture of that ilk pay him 8 figures. That is an anomaly and probably not a good example as it seems like it would be easy for fatty or anyone really to have a change of heart when you become a 20-millionaire overnight and all of the sudden you can dedicate your prime years to the highest of Maslov's heirarchy.

@ChiTownDoc

1f56c3ec-795b-4f7e-bc53-68f13ba425ca_text.gif

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

Lol.  I was always socially very liberal.  On abortion, gay rights etc.  I just came to realize trickle down etc is all bullshit then Trump completely pushed me over the edge.  These other posters are not gonna come around imo.  
Oh and it was PE, not VC.  They kept me on as CEO and I still have 25%.  So I’m still grinding away but at least I’m lucky and love what I do.  But yes it was a nice first bite.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  I was always socially very liberal.  On abortion, gay rights etc.  I just came to realize trickle down etc is all bullshit then Trump completely pushed me over the edge.  These other posters are not gonna come around imo.  
Oh and it was PE, not VC.  They kept me on as CEO and I still have 25%.  So I’m still grinding away but at least I’m lucky and love what I do.  But yes it was a nice first bite.  

Hey, God bless. I mean, you are the American Dream that immigrants and natural born citizen alike dream.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm not gay, but I'm willing to learn... hot stuff...

• Haha 2

Poll by Yahoo News/You Gov on GRT. Highlights:

When asked if “a group of people in this country are trying to replace native-born Americans with immigrants and people of color who share their political views”

All Americans 33% agree

Trump voters 61% agree 

Republicans 54%

Fox News viewers 53%

Nearly 3/4 of Trump voters think “discrimination against white people has become as big a problem as discrimination against Black people in the U.S.,” and 2/3 of Republicans agree. 

7d584ce0-dad9-11ec-bf2a-1e4b1e7d0391

94c32c60-dad9-11ec-af5e-49af165200a7

A lot more good info in the article relating to views on who is committing political violence and what contributed to the Buffalo shooting.

Edited by Jhawkmvp
  • Like 1

Poll by Yahoo News/You Gov on GRT. Highlights:
When asked if “a group of people in this country are trying to replace native-born Americans with immigrants and people of color who share their political views”
All Americans 33% agree
Trump voters 61% agree 
Republicans 54%
Fox News viewers 53%
Nearly 3/4 of Trump voters think “discrimination against white people has become as big a problem as discrimination against Black people in the U.S.,” and 2/3 of Republicans agree. 
7d584ce0-dad9-11ec-bf2a-1e4b1e7d0391

94c32c60-dad9-11ec-af5e-49af165200a7
A lot more good info in the article relating to views on who is committing political violence and what contributed to the Buffalo shooting.

A fucking MAJORITY of MAGA worthless pieces of shit support this. But Poe hasn’t ever talked to ANYONE who agrees. Fuck him. Fuck his murderous, xenophobic, terrorist political party. They are evil. If you vote for them, you support and enable their evil. At this point, it’s beyond clear: it’s no different than voting for the Nazis claiming that it’s because you like their tax incentives plan. Own this. You are a terrorist enabler. I hate you all for the evil you support and inflict on us.
  • Like 1