Arsenal 2022-23: All Or Nothing

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

So, the game against Citeh is really going to be "it" isn't it.  

If you want to be the man you have to beat the man.

Pretty much. They have stretched the GD to 5.  Have to get a point at City or it’s probably City’s title. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

xhaka's idiot, hotheaded foul directly led to their only goal. so stupid. liverpool with all of the momentum out of nowhere.

Yep.  This is why when you are up in any sports you go clinical and stay above all the bullshit.  The team that is losing is grasping for anything to give them a spark and some life and nothing snuffs it quicker than avoiding getting down in the ditch with them.  That did not happen today. 

45 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Travel day so I missed the match. What happened? One person told me we conceded the middle in the 2nd and it’s all on Arteta.

We gave them an opening, they exploited it near end of 1H and then they just bullied the shit out of us pretty much all over the pitch in the second half.  Ramsdale saved the point largely all by himself (and with help from a Mo Sallah penalty miss)  Most of our decent offensive chances in 2H were off counters.  

On my way out of Mass I passed another Gooner headed in. He shook his head, and I knew. Two-nil up then absolutely dominated for a the final hour. Sigh. 

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

So, the game against Citeh is really going to be "it" isn't it.  

If you want to be the man you have to beat the man.

Increasingly likely, along with Newcastle. Both of whom are in white hot form. If City win their match in hand (West Ham), they’re three back with a superior GD. We’re going to have to win both of those. 

11 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Win tomorrow and we feast in honor of Totteringham

We need to come out guns blazing and put them away ASAP (West Ham, I think).

Fuck, even a draw against Citeh would be huge.  But we need everything in between since apparently Haaland is going to hit the 1,000,000 goal marker this year. 

2 hours ago, Dutch said:

LO Fucking L. 

I might have a secondary rooting interest now. 

they're already my second team.

a)i've got a jack wilshere bournemouth jersey

b)we were playing bournemouth when the saliba song debuted

c)the bournemouth match at home was epic

d)and now this 

messy team to root for.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Bullneck said:

We need to come out guns blazing and put them away ASAP (West Ham, I think).

Fuck, even a draw against Citeh would be huge.  But we need everything in between since apparently Haaland is going to hit the 1,000,000 goal marker this year. 

100%. Draw would allow us to draw once more. A win… we could draw twice. Losing puts the title in City’s hands. If they win out, we’d have to do likewise and overhaul their superior goal differential.

Utterly dominant for 30’. Up 2-nil. Meekly see out the half after gifting them a goal. 

Really, really need to start 2H fast, get the next goal, and kill this one off. West Ham have good players; letting them hang around is trouble.