Arsenal 2022-23: All Or Nothing

shadow_operative

If someone told me back in July that we'd have a "win this one and you probably in the League" match v City the last week in April, I wouldn't have believed them.  Yet here we here. 

Come On, You Gunners. Lets. Fucking. Go.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Last win in the past month came on Ted Lasso. @ Newcastle not looking good, given our current form.

We let an eight-point lead slip late in 2003.  Then won the title in 2004.  Need to keep adding key pieces, figure out the April swoon, and do it again.

Edited by Dutch

You’d think the past 10+ years of Texas football would have prepared and numbed me to crushing disappointment. But no.

Just now, The Maestro said:

We need to add some quality depth.  The squad has to be gassed, little real rotation this season.  Not to mention key injuries.  Still a great foundation to build upon.  

1000% Agree with all, esp the last sentence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We can only hope; April was a horrid month. 

Bournemouth 4-1 Southampton. Bad result looking worse. Four points dropped to the bottom club, another three lost to Everton. Those seven points are looming large. 

Edited by Dutch

45 minutes ago, Dutch said:

We can only hope; April was a horrid month. 

Newcastle 3-1 Southampton. Bad result looking worse. Four points dropped to the bottom club, another three lost to Everton. Those seven points are looming large. 

Delete post, ban user. S’ton lost to Newcastle not Bournemouth. 

But the point about drawing twice vs the bottom club holds. 

Edited by Dutch

5 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Hopefully this slumpbuster busted the slump, because we're gonna need some good vibes to get a result at Newcastle.

I was afraid Chelsea was going to use us a slumpbuster.  The lineup tweaks were good.  Let’s build from here 

54 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Does MC have to lose twice for us to take it? They have us on GD.

We can finish with a maximum of 90 points. That would be level with The Invincibles, and more than the 1989, 1991, 1998, and 2002 champions. Ninety points would be a remarkable improvement over recent seasons, and the club had targeted next season (after another strong summer window) to push for the title anyway. It would suck harder than ousux to finish second after leading for so long, but we’re ahead of schedule.  

City can finish with 94 and are ahead on GD by 12; tonight would have been a chance to make a dent in that, but see the above about us not stomping on necks & ending matches remorselessly. They can draw twice and likely win a GE title on GD. We need to win out and have them drop at least five points. A draw and a loss would do it. 

It’s a long-shot but…

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

The seven we dropped vs Southampton and Everton are looming large. Nine if we factor in West Ham, too. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

massive save there

match is boiling

2nd half arsenal are going to have to play open at times because they can't risk a freak draw which crowns pep

Arsenal recency PTSD.  I was almost glad we didn't score right there before half given our recent 2nd half history with 2-0 leads.

12 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Why isn’t Partey starting?  Not complaining just curious.  COYG 

His form had dropped in recent weeks. Tired? Maybe. Wake up call from Mik? More likely. 

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

you need that 3rd goal desperately to avoid the risk of a late fluke that crowns pep

FIFY. Two-nil is our worst scoreline, and we haven’t played a good 2nd half in a while.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

welp, congratulations on 2nd, then

TBF, second was settled when City beat us. Even if we win out, I can’t see them dropping five points. We need to learn that “killer mentality” that y’all had and City have. 

• Like 1