Happy Birthday America. The 246th rendition of " Fuck you, England!"

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Nah, USA isn't close to the best country to live in for the non wealthy. It's also not close to the worst. Probably a little north of average at the moment but sadly sliding. 

The US is way above "average". These are the median countries in terms of HDI. The "average" HDI for the world is lower than that. Screenshot_20220704-181519.thumb.png.34b3d7996e99c620eb9bbb7a420c94d4.png

Anyone living in the United States is extremely privileged by worldwide standards. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Nah, USA isn't close to the best country to live in for the non wealthy. It's also not close to the worst. Probably a little north of average at the moment but sadly sliding. 

All due respect no country above us on an ranked list would likely accept you (or me) as an immigrant 

35 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

All due respect no country above us on an ranked list would likely accept you (or me) as an immigrant 

Didn't say they're the best for immigrants. Better to live. Being born in the US if you're rich and white you hit the lottery. Rich and not white you hit a smaller jackpot. For everyone else you weren't born in the best country on earth or the best place for you to live but you weren't born in the worst either. Not lucky enough to be born in a better country but lucky enough to not be born in Iraq or Somalia. 

Edited by Hermanator

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

For everyone else you weren't born in the best country on earth or the best place for you to live but you weren't born in the worst either. Not lucky enough to be born in a better country but lucky enough to not be born in Iraq or Somalia. 

How about "lucky enough to not be born in Mexico". Or Ukraine. Or Russia. Or China. Or Turkey. Or Brazil. Or South Africa. 

The United States is much closer to the best place in the world to live than it is to countries like that. Regardless of how much money you have. You have a strange and seemingly uninformed world view. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:
it’s a good thing we left that England because it was bogus and got some cool rules ourselves so we weren’t bogus too.

And San Dimas High School Football Rules!!!

You have your movie classics mixed up,

4 hours ago, Hermanator said:

May 63 hot dogs penetrate your pussy ass next July 4th.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Unless you were born in the 19th century, you might ought to leave off the fuck you England.  

No.  Fuck them for burning down the White House later too...

(I get your point, but 'tis the anniversary and all.)

I realized yesterday one thing that puts me off about holidays is that they all celebrate shit that happened in the past.  They’re backward-looking and in many cases the shit they look back toward wasn’t nearly as good or as pure as we have been led to believe.  I’d like it a lot more if the way we celebrated holidays was more focused on the general ideals associated with the holiday and a resolve to live up to them moving forward.  I don’t think that’s how most people celebrate, at all.  For most, 7/4 is a day to brag about back-to-back world war victories that happened over 60 years ago, and that kinda sucks.

I am loyal to my country and have a lot of hope for a better future.  This country is my home.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I realized yesterday one thing that puts me off about holidays is that they all celebrate shit that happened in the past.  They’re backward-looking and in many cases the shit they look back toward wasn’t nearly as good or as pure as we have been led to believe.  I’d like it a lot more if the way we celebrated holidays was more focused on the general ideals associated with the holiday and a resolve to live up to them moving forward.  I don’t think that’s how most people celebrate, at all.  For most, 7/4 is a day to brag about back-to-back world war victories that happened over 60 years ago, and that kinda sucks.

So you’re saying Fourth of July is to celebrate our big wins which happened …oh … about 1939 … and we haven’t done much since? Dare I say it sounds a bit aggyish?

• Hook 'Em 1