IG Horowitz report on Clinton email due soon

Ragnarok

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Or the constant revisions down that quietly happened without so much as a peep from the MSM

God this talking point rears its idiotic head on every message board.

Every single jobs report, under every president goes through 2 scheduled revisions. Sometimes they get revised up, sometimes down. 

It's not a goddamn conspiracy, and just about every MSM jobs report article you see each month will mention revisions to previous months.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Like 2

Prior to reading the report, I believe that Comey had an imperfect approach to a no win situation.  It seems silly to use "deviate from norms" as a criticism of an unprecedented situation.  If an analysis of what he should have done takes more than the time he had to set his path, then it certainly something I take with a grain of salt. 

And that's with the understanding that his imperfect actions likely lead to the election of the worst president in American history.  The severity of the results does not define the unreasonableness of the actions. 

Now, I'm open to being convinced otherwise, once I dig into the specifics of the report.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

Prior to reading the report, I believe that Comey had an imperfect approach to a no win situation.  It seems silly to use "deviate from norms" as a criticism of an unprecedented situation.  If an analysis of what he should have done takes more than the time he had to set his path, then it certainly something I take with a grain of salt. 

And that's with the understanding that his imperfect actions likely lead to the election of the worst president in American history.  The severity of the results does not define the unreasonableness of the actions

Well said.  Good guy in a bad spot.  I think he has a little taste for the spotlight, but I have seen nothing that says he put ego ahead of duty in his actions.  (Cue the inevitable backlash, which, as others have pointed out, just diminishes their point, as everything Comey did helped Trump, not Hillary.)

1 minute ago, Lagunamadre said:

So Comey helped Trump get elected? And he never consulted with Lynch when he should have? This is really going to hurt Hannity's talking points.  

The biggest IG takeaway so far for the banana Republicans is the previously undisclosed Peter Strozk text to Page saying something to the effect of, “We will put a stop to Trump becoming President.” 

Obvious fail from Strozk and the secret society.

Great going Deep State.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The biggest IG takeaway so far for the banana Republicans is the previously undisclosed Peter Strozk text to Page saying something to the effect of, “We will put a stop to Trump becoming President.” 

Obvious fail from Strozk and the secret society.

Great going Deep State.

Ya, until somebody finds that these two lovebirds actually did anything besides text about their disdain for Trump, this talking point is worn out. 

28 minutes ago, Tuco said:

And that's with the understanding that his imperfect actions likely lead to the election of the worst president in American history.  The severity of the results does not define the unreasonableness of the actions. 

Now, I'm open to being convinced otherwise, once I dig into the specifics of the report.

I think that's a fair take. The Strozk texts are bad, though. Not that I think there's much to it, but it gives Trump ammo.

20 minutes ago, Tuco said:

What was unprecedented about it? I understand the FBI/DOJ have conducted investigations and inquiries into parties involved with campaigns in the past. This seems simple to me. There was a policy that prevented disclosures near elections. Comey chose not to follow the policy. He had his reasons, but still chose not to follow the policy.Policies are in place to aid decision makers during difficult times. They are also in place to protect the decision makers. 

Comey broke from policy because he thought a different action would be best for the FBI and everyone’s perception of the FBI. Comey’s action has ended up harming the FBI and our perception of it. This is a tragedy. I feel sorry for the guy

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Dfq86otU8AA1s6y?format=jpg&name=large

In a nutshell. Page/Struck didn't like Trump and texted about it, but it did not effect their jobs. 

And Comey should not have made public the re-opening of the email investigation. He should have consulted Lynch and not made it public until after the election. 

Hope nobody was too excited. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Is there a Fox news decoder ring on the web? Type in these conclusions and get an idea of what is Hannity is going to lead with tonight.

"Clinton killed Haitian babies!"

Nah, it'll be something like "IG Report Vindicates President Trump"....remember facts don't matter.

10 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Comey broke from policy because he thought a different action would be best for the FBI and everyone’s perception of the FBI. Comey’s action has ended up harming the FBI and our perception of it. This is a tragedy. I feel sorry for the guy

I agree, but that Strozk BS opens the door for speculation about how "effective" the FBI was investigating Clinton. I don't believe they did anything wrong, but this is politics. Perception is reality.

43 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

What was unprecedented about it? I understand the FBI/DOJ have conducted investigations and inquiries into parties involved with campaigns in the past. This seems simple to me. There was a policy that prevented disclosures near elections. Comey chose not to follow the policy. He had his reasons, but still chose not to follow the policy.Policies are in place to aid decision makers during difficult times. They are also in place to protect the decision makers. 

I think the level of Congressional instigation and oversight made it unprecedented.  This was political and high profile from the start.  There was nothing Comey could say, do, or not say, or not do, that wasn't going to have one side or the other skewering him. 

Controlling the narrative. Why Republicans win is by controlling the narative. If the DNC and high-profile Dems don't pounce on this, then they will lose again. Because the alt-right and Fox will make sure the opposite is repeated for the next week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Controlling the narrative. Why Republicans win is by controlling the narative. If the DNC and high-profile Dems don't pounce on this, then they will lose again. Because the alt-right and Fox will make sure the opposite is repeated for the next week.

When Manafort reports to prison or Cohen is indicted, the narrative will change. The news cycle in the Trump era is like West Texas weather, "if you don't like it, just wait five minutes". 

22 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

When Manafort reports to prison or Cohen is indicted, the narrative will change. The news cycle in the Trump era is like West Texas weather, "if you don't like it, just wait five minutes". 

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard something similar from the (my) left, I'd have a whole lot of dollars.  This requires a coordinated response from "above", and of course, that ain't happening.

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard something similar from the (my) left, I'd have a whole lot of dollars.  This requires a coordinated response from "above", and of course, that ain't happening.

The narrative hasn’t changed.  It’s been a Deep State witch hunt from the start.

The tragedy is Trump and all his media bootlickers are really protecting RUSSIA in the process and they come off as traitors.

They’re too blinded by the Trump narrative and their devotion to him to have the self awareness to see it.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Unrelated (or maybe not) who is The Voice of the Left right now? Who is leading the charge to balance out Trump?

This may be part of the problem.

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The narrative hasn’t changed.  It’s been a Deep State witch hunt from the start.

The tragedy is Trump and all his media bootlickers are really protecting RUSSIA in the process and they come off as traitors but they’re too blinded by the Trump narrative and their devotion to him to have the self awareness to see it.

putin.jpg

47 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I think the level of Congressional instigation and oversight made it unprecedented.  This was political and high profile from the start.  There was nothing Comey could say, do, or not say, or not do, that wasn't going to have one side or the other skewering him. 

This may be in hindsight, but the best action would have been to follow the policy and not disclose while evaluating/analyzing the emails on weiner’s laptop. Since there was nothing incriminating on the laptop, they would have never needed to disclose anything and no one would have skewered anyone.

i do agree it was high profile and the GOP was pushing; however, policies are made to assist in those times.

Edited by GW Hayduke

40 minutes ago, Pods said:

The GOP becoming pro-Russia is one of the weirdest things I have ever seen in my life. Watching it happen in real-time was completely surreal. 

And the next phase, the "what's so bad about Russia anyway" defense will be even more astonishing.

1 hour ago, LongestHorn said:

"The IG report conclusion proves the FBI agents colluded against Trump, therefore there can be no fair or impartial collusion investigation.  And because double jeopardy, I move to dismiss." -Rudy G. any moment now

You left out the Chewbacca defense clause.

• Like 1