IG Horowitz report on Clinton email due soon

Ragnarok

You know why.
She's an openly ambitious, power seeking person with a vagina.
Ever since she uttered "I suppose I could have stayed home, baked cookies and had teas" and "You know, I’m not sitting here, some little woman standing by my man like Tammy Wynette", she has been hated by a certain type of person - both male and female.

I think that’s a large part of it. She also went beyond norms as First Lady. She also just irritates people with her smug demeanor. I can’t pinpoint that either because she comes across as smart and someone who cares about the country but grates on me on a visceral level.

That said her presidency would have been a real shit show. Non stop attacks, butheremails, calls for investigations, hostile Congress, Trump TV, empowered and angered far right.
Not worse of course, just a different shit show. I’m guessing we’d have competent cabinet members and staff at least. And not be embarrassed internationally daily. And little to no know crime or graft. Or Collusion with Russia. Or Trade Wars. But A lot of Fox News pundits would have died from righteous indignation at this point under Hillary so it’s clearly a wash.
  • Like 1

From Politifact:

"Her polling numbers started going up during her time in the Senate and hit another peak of 58 percent in 2007 while a senator and just after announcing she would run for president, according to Gallup.

After another dip, it shot up to 65 percent in 2009 when she became secretary of state and stayed high for most of her tenure".

All of that changed when Republicans seized the opportunity to demagogue the Bengazhi tragedy early on. As we're seeing today, withering, persistent criticism facilitated by a profit centered media can change one's political fortunes in an instant. Trump's media strategy against Mueller has been good enough to significantly lower his approval numbers. Should they drop below Trump's target of 50%, expect Mueller's firing post-haste.

3 hours ago, Incredulity said:

He is atx71(or whatever the fuck shag handle).  He made a bet and should keep it.

Don’t play dumb

VMW mentioned to me that this DD individual is, in fact, atx71. I didn’t follow the bet saga, but he explained that this particular individual has severe mental illness. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Slorch is such a 13 year old boy about rep. Turns him into a teenage dickhead.

Don't be a fucking cunt.

The lefties on here are cunts about rep.

You like to neg and act like it's nothing,,,until someone answers back.

You motherfuckers love your echo-chamber, and nobody should dare interrupt it.

You dumbasses are so intent on hearing what you want to hear, that posts where I said I disliked Trump still get negged.  It's become quite the circle jerk around here.

Don't start no shit.  Won't be no shit.  It's that fucking simple.  have an opinion and post it.  Don't neg shit just because...only to cry about it later.  And y'all cry like bitches that you are... just like in real life.

Edited by slorch

4 hours ago, slorch said:

Don't be a fucking cunt.

The lefties on here are cunts about rep.

You like to neg and act like it's nothing,,,until someone answers back.

You motherfuckers love your echo-chamber, and nobody should dare interrupt it.

You dumbasses are so intent on hearing what you want to hear, that posts where I said I disliked Trump still get negged.  It's become quite the circle jerk around here.

Don't start no shit.  Won't be no shit.  It's that fucking simple.  have an opinion and post it.  Don't neg shit just because...only to cry about it later.  And y'all cry like bitches that you are... just like in real life.

But Hillary will never be President.... 

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

So in hindsight, do you think Hillary would have had us in the same state of affairs?

Same "kind," no, of course not.  His pathologies are pretty different from hers. As to whether, how,  or to what degree her administration would be a shit show, I don't know.

I do think a Clinton Admin II electric boogaloo would not have been as disastrous for the GOP, so that's not good (assuming some actual loyal opposition emerges from the ashes).

Edited by TwiceHorn

^^ Probably true. Depending on how much shit Trump gets us into, her presidency could’ve had an equally (in a very different way) damaging impact on the country. It certainly wouldn’t have resulted in this game of “sides” getting any better. Said it before, and I’ll say it again. My biggest hope is that Trump ends up bringing more people into politics, making more people think for themselves rather than blindly repeating garbage on the news/social media/etc, and ultimately voting.

As for the Hillary hate, I think it’s a bit overblown. Other than the Trumpkins, I don’t think as many people “hate” her, rather they just don’t find her at all likable. She’s easy to dislike, and it’s become sort of “cool” to talk down about her. Hell, I voted for her, but I don’t like her and I didn’t think she would do anything positive for the country. I viewed her as a placeholder until somebody better came along. I think a very significant number of her voters shared my mindset, so it’s not difficult to shit on her now. That may come across as hatred, especially on a message board where we inflate our emotions (often because that’s more entertaining), but I just don’t think very many people were ever fervent supporters to begin with.

as awful as all this is, it is absolutely essential that we bring this all to light if we can and address issues that have plagued this nation for many years.  this is painful to say, but the whole debacle needs to get much worse.  up to a point, the worse it is the better for our future.

Since before she even moved her bags into the Whitehouse she'd been in solved in illegal activities. (yep trumps got dirt too, much of hers was while serving in the gov't in some capacity).  If you don't know the list do your own homework.

She has a long list of dirt culminating in the private server scandal used to hide her shakedown and access bribes for her upcoming  presidency (snicker snicker giggle giggle). That act alone should have, and in effect did disqualify her from office.  Thanks Comey homey..........

Were anyone here caught doing what she did they'd have been prosecuted and convicted. She's a fucking crook and the love affair here that some deny is still being acted put under the sheets with a wad of Kleenex and some hand lotion nightly.  If you can't acknowledge that fact you're too stupid to hold a valid drivers license or be able to vote for your favorite Americas got talent candidate.

Her memory was always shaky in front of a congressional inquiry, but it's always deep and minute in her many books. Why was that ?

She's precisely the type of person that should never be serving in office, and she almost pulled it off almost....... hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  Oh yeah she lost according to the rules of our Constitution. Waaaaah she got more votes waaaaah, she's a woman, and its her time......waaaaah I love her.

Would we be better off ? Would she have been more presidential than trump, (yep she would have). In the long run ?? hell no because her election would be a clear signal that the presidency can be had, just do what she did. Laws don't matter if you can lie and get away with it.  Her defeat shows the electoral college works.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Since before she even moved her bags into the Whitehouse she'd been in solved in illegal activities. (yep trumps got dirt too, much of hers was while serving in the gov't in some capacity).  If you don't know the list do your own homework.

She has a long list of dirt culminating in the private server scandal used to hide her shakedown and access bribes for her upcoming  presidency (snicker snicker giggle giggle). That act alone should have, and in effect did disqualify her from office.  Thanks Comey homey..........

Were anyone here caught doing what she did they'd have been prosecuted and convicted. She's a fucking crook and the love affair here that some deny is still being acted put under the sheets with a wad of Kleenex and some hand lotion nightly.  If you can't acknowledge that fact you're too stupid to hold a valid drivers license or be able to vote for your favorite Americas got talent candidate.

Her memory was always shaky in front of a congressional inquiry, but it's always deep and minute in her many books. Why was that ?

She's precisely the type of person that should never be serving in office, and she almost pulled it off almost....... hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  Oh yeah she lost according to the rules of our Constitution. Waaaaah she got more votes waaaaah, she's a woman, and its her time......waaaaah I love her.

Would we be better off ? Would she have been more presidential than trump, (yep she would have). In the long run ?? hell no because her election would be a clear signal that the presidency can be had, just do what she did. Laws don't matter if you can lie and get away with it.  Her defeat shows the electoral college works.

oh my god... you... you're in love with her.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah, but you don't care about any of that shit- laws and corruption and crookedness. And I know, because there's no love affair here. I can understand the logic of voting against Hillary Clinton. I can't imagine voting for Donald Trump because while she is horrible he was much worse. You think otherwise, fine, but the point is I get oppositional voting. But her career is over and 2 years later you are carrying the water  for Donald Trump like always because you can't turn and face the present threat.

There is a lawsuit against Trump's Foundation, with a signed memo of Trump approving Foundation funds being used to payoff a lawsuit against one of his corporate properties.  And the idiots still want to use the Clinton Foundation as a reason to vote for Trump over Clinton.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You support Donald Trump. You don't believe in the rule of law.

7 hours ago, Chrispy said:

VMW mentioned to me that this DD individual is, in fact, atx71. I didn’t follow the bet saga, but he explained that this particular individual has severe mental illness. 

Everyone knows that, but atx is also Kevin (the sock he created after the bet), so they are technically both right.  

48 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Hell, I voted for her, but I don’t like her and I didn’t think she would do anything positive for the country. I viewed her as a placeholder until somebody better came along. 

What is the possibility that this sentiment is the result of persistent criticism by republicans? We are all influenced by media in some way shape or form.

7 hours ago, Satchel said:

From Politifact:

"Her polling numbers started going up during her time in the Senate and hit another peak of 58 percent in 2007 while a senator and just after announcing she would run for president, according to Gallup.

After another dip, it shot up to 65 percent in 2009 when she became secretary of state and stayed high for most of her tenure".

All of that changed when Republicans seized the opportunity to demagogue the Bengazhi tragedy early on. As we're seeing today, withering, persistent criticism facilitated by a profit centered media can change one's political fortunes in an instant. Trump's media strategy against Mueller has been good enough to significantly lower his approval numbers. Should they drop below Trump's target of 50%, expect Mueller's firing post-haste.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The irony, it burns.  Just a profoundly stupid take, top to bottom, and I didn't even quote the whole post. 

Maddow made an interesting point last night on Comey and the IG report.  

She argues the Republicans go after the FBI constantly because it creates a perception among the population the FBI is biased, corrupt, and can’t be trusted.

As a result, the FBI alters their behavior to earn the public’s trust back.  In doing so, they will bend over backwards to illustrate that they aren’t helping democrats but they don’t give a shit if they hurt democrats in the process.

Comey’s press conference and reopening of the email investigation illustrated this well.  Comey gave the press conference because he was aware of the false perception that Lynch closing the investigation would feed the narrative that the FBI was politically biased.

He went rogue to make sure there was no perception that the FBI was helping Hillary Clinton but he didn’t consider that his actions would HURT Hillary Clinton.  The same thing with reopening of the investigation.

Maddow concluded that the Republicans bully the FBI because it WORKS.

I can’t say she’s wrong.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Maddow make an interesting point last night on Comey and the IG report.  

She argues the Republicans go after the FBI constantly because it creates a perception among the population the FBI is biased, corrupt, and can’t be trusted.

As a result, the FBI alters their behavior to earn the public’s trust back.  In doing so, they will bend over backwards to illustrate that they aren’t helping democrats but they don’t give a shit if they hurt democrats in the process.

Comey’s press conference and reopening of the email investigation illustrated this well.  Comey gave the press conference because he was aware of the false perception that Lynch closing the investigation would feed the narrative that the FBI was politically bias.  

He went rogue to make sure there was no perception that the FBI was helping Hillary Clinton but he didn’t consider that his actions would HURT Hillary Clinton.  The same thing with reopening of the investigation.

Maddow concluded that the Republicans bully the FBI because it WORKS.

I can’t say she’s wrong.

It's the same thing they've been doing with the media for decades. They never stop working the refs.

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This would be interesting if it were true. The IG report suggests otherwise. 

Or maybe I missed the text conversations that said "Let's get Hillary".

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Browsing the Hillary will never be President thread again? 

Nah just seeing the butt hurt BS going on here is enough. No dick sucking over there anyway. C'mon on over and have a ganders for yerself.  It's the bestsest fun on this forum daily

42 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Nah just seeing the butt hurt BS going on here is enough. No dick sucking over there anyway. C'mon on over and have a ganders for yerself.  It's the bestsest fun on this forum daily

Nah I prefer the plethora of echo chambers where we discuss the shit your ilk have got us into. You can have your safe space to yourselves. 

2 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Nah I prefer the plethora of echo chambers where we discuss the shit your ilk have got us into. You can have your safe space to yourselves. 

Hark....... didst thou sayest ilk ???  hahahahahahahahaha.   Your pandering to a woman named Hillary was far more dangerous to our democracy, and completely sheeplike in its idiocy..

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Hark....... didst thou sayest ilk ???  hahahahahahahahaha.   Your pandering to a woman named Hillary was far more dangerous to our democracy, and completely sheeplike in its idiocy..

Where have I stated that I'm pandering to Hillary? 

How would she have been more dangerous to our democracy over Trump? 

School me and my ilk. Please. I'm desperate to understand your point of view. 

I'm projecting. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

She should have been indicted for her server issue, among other shit she did over the years.

Her winning when she showed herself to be a friggin criminal is dangerous for a democracy

It's your ilk, you live with it.

I'm actually concerned that Onboard is a threat to attempt physical harm on Hillary. Talk about complete and total obsession... It's not only sad, but also alarming. 

Is there anyone "official" I can report him to? In the very least he should not be able to buy a gun. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Why ?  Is she going to run again ?  You think the DNC will give her carte blanche like they did  in 2016 ? That worked out well.....

Let's pretend we replace "Her" and "she" with "Him" and "he". By stating "other shit she did over the years" you are opening Trump up to a comparison of EVERY shady RE deal, EVERY shady Foundation action, and everything he has done in the last two years.

I imagine your mental gymnastics will be impressive.

13 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

Let's pretend we replace "Her" and "she" with "Him" and "he". By stating "other shit she did over the years" you are opening Trump up to a comparison of EVERY shady RE deal, EVERY shady Foundation action, and everything he has done in the last two years.

I imagine your mental gymnastics will be impressive.

I won't be backing him for re election.  He served his purpose.

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This would be interesting if it were true. The IG report suggests otherwise. 

Or maybe I missed the text conversations that said "Let's get Hillary".

Benjamin Wittes was on Morning Edition this am. He was sympathetic to Comey but conceded Comey fucked up. Said he assumed authority that wasn’t his and Lynch and Yates didn’t step in to stop him. I thought that part was rich considering Lynch likely pressed him to take on that authority rather than recuse herself after the grandkids talk. 

He really was in a lose lose situation from a personal career standpoint. I truly don’t know what I would have done in his place. Put it back on Lynch? That’s a whole lot of heat