Texas Track and Field

Machinator

3 minutes ago, orangeut said:

Our women's team is just snakebit over the last 3 years, but no excuse for that huge blunder

Definitely a major fuck up but it's going to take 2 or 3 major bad things happening to Texas for Arkansas to win. Best path for Arkansas is to just hope Alfred has a really bad day or isn't fully healthy. 

Smith already scored above her expected value in the Long Jump and Texas qualified a shit load of sprinters in finals. 

11 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Ackelia Smith needed a big jump to even qualify for the final nine on her 3rd attempt. Then she had a huge jump on her final attempt to win the Long Jump. 

Feels like a defining moment for a team that hasn't been able to get over the hump. Ice in her veins. 

I was sitting first row by the pits. She fucking soared on that jump.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

*Triggered*

I remember watching those FloSports projections last year showing Texas at the top until that lead slowly slipped away after each subsequent projection. 

Yup.

I stopped checking. I'm wondering if I should follow along tomorrow since I'll be at a bbq/pool party.

Went to the men’s finals yesterday and after a few minutes realized I was sitting next to Justin Gatlin. Making it back-to-back by going to the women’s finals tonight.

Top level track and field meets are a blast. The 100m yesterday had 7 dudes under 10s, the winner was 9.89 That’s hauling ass. 

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 5