Mass stabbings in Canadia

HiggyBaby

45 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Yeah, I don't know much about life on reservations, much less those in Canada, but if I've learned anything from "Reservation Dogs," it's that these places are on the very fringes and aren't policed too well.

I just came back from Santa Fe and all the reservations were closed to visitors because of COVID. They have clinics in all of these reservations, so they must have a hard time convincing the communities to get vaccinated. I realize that the communities were decimated by COVID but this is the summer of 2022. For most places COVID is in the rear view mirror. I just found it weird that I couldn't go hiking in many areas because of COVID when I wasn't even going to be near anyone in the community except for park rangers who I rarely see anyway.

19 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I just came back from Santa Fe and all the reservations were closed to visitors because of COVID. They have clinics in all of these reservations, so they must have a hard time convincing the communities to get vaccinated. I realize that the communities were decimated by COVID but this is the summer of 2022. For most places COVID is in the rear view mirror. I just found it weird that I couldn't go hiking in many areas because of COVID when I wasn't even going to be near anyone in the community except for park rangers who I rarely see anyway.

I don't know how you separate the Rez population out, but northern New Mexico over to northeastern Arizona have some of the highest vax rates in the country.

image.thumb.png.e85e290d240692c10b170069d93add63.png

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

I do recall that they were hit especially hard early during the pandemic and closed themselves off to all visitors. Maybe they just prefer to keep folks out and have found their excuse. I dunno.

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I do recall that they were hit especially hard early during the pandemic and closed themselves off to all visitors. Maybe they just prefer to keep folks out and have found their excuse. I dunno.

Yeah, I can believe it. I guess there isn't much money or benefit for them to keep sites open.

32 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

We're 36 hours away from the next mass shooting in the United States.  At which time, workswithseed will pivot the usual talking points in a completely different direction.  Instead of responding with "What about Chicago?", the new retort from the usual news outlets will be "What about Saskatchewan?!?!"  Meaning, you can also cause mass harm with knives.  But nobody over there can find Saskatchewan on a map, let alone pronounce/spell the word, or that it's not a state.  But I look forward to lectures on their criminal justice system, attempts at bail reform, etc.  I find Prairie Province law fascinating in Canadia.  

Hey new guy, what are you, fuckin Canadian or sumthin?

Leader Post says he has a propensity for violence when intoxicated or using cocaine.  

"What are two things you need to stop to re-up on when on a spree through Prairie Province country, Alex?" 

If they can't catch him while he's stopped to go all stabby, maybe post undercovers at liquor stores and guys at bars posing as dealers?  Seems like he's not staying asleep for very long (or long enough to spot his car) and he's doing some of his stabby at night.  Only way to stay up that long and drive, plus booze, is some kinda upper like coke.  Could pinch him that way.  I have a hard time believing a guy like this has a network of flop houses or people protecting him along his route...nor does he have the wits to keep out-thinking the police.  But there he is, 3+ days with no sign of a car switch.  What a colossal shitshow for LEO.  Guy never shoulda been outta jail with that rap-sheet, but that's not the story right now.  The story is how he keeps pulling this off especially if his sidekick is badly wounded.  

5 hours ago, bolverk said:

Yeah, I don't know much about life on reservations, much less those in Canada, but if I've learned anything from "Reservation Dogs," it's that these places are on the very fringes and aren't policed too well.

A buddy of mine is from Oklahoma and grew up near a Rez. He has told me some crazy stories that took place on or near the Reservation lots of stories involved knives and alcohol. Definitely not a place I would like to visit.

20 minutes ago, F250 said:

A buddy of mine is from Oklahoma and grew up near a Rez. He has told me some crazy stories that took place on or near the Reservation lots of stories involved knives and alcohol. Definitely not a place I would like to visit.

I was going to Nambe Lake and Nambe Falls and a couple of other places. So not going to see the reservation per se.

On 9/5/2022 at 10:01 PM, utee94 said:

You say "Texas morons" one more time and it's not specifically about aggy, I'm gonna neg a bitch into Bolivia.  You can attempt to make your point some other way.

Going to need a ruling, can I call all "Texas morons" "aggy" instead even if they are not actual aggy or is that offensive to Texas morons?

• Hook 'Em 1