Replace the plastic field

Make em eat Taco Bell

Just now, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

this current plastic surface is completely unacceptable as the players can't get a good grip.

Bijan slips a lot with his extreme cuts.  I believe he also slipped on that critical sack by Wil Anderson as Bijan was going cutting across and could have blocked Anderson.  Big 0 Sanders slipped and fell after a catch where Will Anderson hit him late for a penalty.  I also don't like the aesthetics of the plastic pellets flying up with contact and the color is a horrid faux green. 

When was the last time UT had a viable organic field? I remember Ricky ran in mud vs. aggy for the 1998 record, but we need something a little better. Study the NFL with their perfect surfaces and implement that. 

aggy can grow a perfectly fine field, it ain't that hard

As the team is running off the field after the last home game of the season, the grounds crew should ripping that piece of shit field right behind them, followed by the planting of the best field money can buy. It’s the worst playing surface I’ve seen since 1980’s astroturf. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

As the team is running off the field after the last home game of the season, the grounds crew should ripping that piece of shit field right behind them, followed by the planting of the best field money can buy. It’s the worst playing surface I’ve seen since 1980’s astroturf. 

Agreed, but is there any real chance of this happening? This field will be two seasons old.

LOL, the field is just 1 year old and finally has the right shade of burnt orange. They’re not replacing a brand new field for a grass one. They should try to reduce the rubber pellet infill. There is too much. The Cowboys and Texans artificial turf do not have the issues we have with grip because they’re not oversaturated with rubber pellet infill. You barely see any of the black dust during a Texans game.

Edited by Macklemore

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

LOL, the field is just 1 year old and finally has the right shade of burnt orange. They’re not replacing a brand new field for a grass one. The should try to reduce the rubber pellet infill. The Cowboys and Texans artificial turf do not have the issues we have with grip because they’re not oversaturated with rubber pellet infill. You barely see any of the black dust during a Texans game.

Ours is nice and shiny between the hashmarks.

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

LOL, the field is just 1 year old and finally has the right shade of burnt orange. They’re not replacing a brand new field for a grass one. The should try to reduce the rubber pellet infill. The Cowboys and Texans artificial turf do not have the issues we have with grip because they’re not oversaturated with rubber pellet infill. You barely see any of the black dust during a Texans game.

The Texans and Cowboys have fake grass because they can't grow the real stuff. Houston tried and failed.

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

The Texans and Cowboys have fake grass because they can't grow the real stuff. Houston tried and failed.

You’re missing the point. The Texans and Cowboys don’t have the issues with their fields that we do. A slippery surface is not inherent in an artificial turf. They’re several different manufacturers of artificial turf and they offer different models. Ours sucks compared to what the Texans and Cowboys have. The Texans natural grass surface was awful and caused lots of injuries. They switched to artificial turf which the players far prefer.

Edited by Macklemore

Just now, David Dennison said:

Wasn't ours a chewed up god awful mess at the end of the season before we went back to synthetic? Or am I misremembering?

Growing grass ain't the same as laying down green carpet. It's a feel thing at times. I don't remember the last actual grass we had. 

I doubt we went cheap on the artificial turf. But, there is settling necessary for all those rubber prills to firm up some. It takes a while. 

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

Growing grass ain't the same as laying down green carpet. It's a feel thing at times. I don't remember the last actual grass we had. 

I doubt we went cheap on the artificial turf. But, there is settling necessary for all those rubber prills to firm up some. It takes a while. 

We went to field turf before the 09 season.

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Yes, our natural turf looked like shit at the end of the season. It easily tore up. 

aggy can grow grass. Let me make this perfectly clear, Braindead fucking aggy can grow good turf. It isn't 120 fucking degrees on actually alive turf. Hire someone that knows what they are doing if you want green growing grass. 

But, this is what was chosen. Adapt, overcome, improvise

LOL, the field is just 1 year old and finally has the right shade of burnt orange. They’re not replacing a brand new field for a grass one. They should try to reduce the rubber pellet infill. There is too much. The Cowboys and Texans artificial turf do not have the issues we have with grip because they’re not oversaturated with rubber pellet infill. You barely see any of the black dust during a Texans game.

Yea and they both also have covers on the field causing to not turn into ovens