Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Just for fun, what should Congress do about a credible rape allegation against the president?

Take it seriously, call it disturbing, learn the facts.

Not shrug it off like it's another childish tweet.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Meaning what? Hearings? Special counsel? What should they DO besides say things?

you know, sometimes saying things and acknowledging things is important, even if practically there is not much to be done.

she isn't exactly leading from the front there.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

you know, sometimes saying things and acknowledging things is important, even if practically there is not much to be done.

she isn't exactly leading from the front there.

I agree. I think she's frustrated because she knows there isn't anything she can do about it. The electorate knows Donald Trump is a serial abuser of women. The electorate knew that before the election. He won anyway. It sucks.

I agree. I think she's frustrated because she knows there isn't anything she can do about it. The electorate knows Donald Trump is a serial abuser of women. The electorate knew that before the election. He won anyway. It sucks.

Yeah that's probably it.

Because if there's something we know about Nancy Pelosi, it's that she'll use every tool at her disposal to pursue...

fdd44fe9eb70e8f02770a4eb2322d6f3.gif

Nancy shouldn't have shrugged this off.  It does a disservice to women that are willing to come forward. 

However, sad to say, a credible rape allegation from 20 years ago isn't a good hill to die on considering there a numerous other hills to die on with Trump. 

Nevertheless, Nancy fucked up.

Again.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, retread said:

She dips her toe in the arena every few days and goes on the attack. Still waiting for her and Nadler to go all in... :patient-bear::

I expect that will happen when they get back from the August break.

Bill Clinton's impeachment inquiry started in October and he was impeached in December. It can move very quickly.

24 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I expect that will happen when they get back from the August break.

Bill Clinton's impeachment inquiry started in October and he was impeached in December. It can move very quickly.

Like that lawfare article posted by captainant in the other thread suggests, obtaining documents and witness discovery may be easier under impeachment, but is there any doubt that this WH will fight it tooth and nail? Nadler will probably have more leverage to obtain evidence, but the lawfare article seems to say that the guidelines are not settled (as you said in the other thread).

Still think the Ds are going to run out of time if they don't start impeachment now.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Just for fun, what should Congress do about a credible rape allegation against the president?

The GOP launched six different investigations into Benghazi and their officials screamed at the top of their lungs about EMAILS for 18 months every time they were near a camera or microphone.  The Dems could try something like that.

• Like 4

Just now, retread said:

Yep. Start impeachment inquiry and keep a running list of offenses by DOTUS. Have them blown up on posterboard, and show them every day in front of a microphone.

For real. This shit isn't rocket science. It's what the GOP has been doing for years, and have been kicking the dems ass with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

"The electorate" doesn't know shit. A majority of Americans don't know that Trump has been accused of sexual assault by 22 women.  ~90% of Americans don't know about this latest allegation at all.  The Dems could try acting like it's a big fucking deal and maybe some people would realize it is. The GOP made that work for using the wrong fucking email address for work shit. Pelosi should be able to make it work for literal rape.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

"The electorate" doesn't know shit. A majority of Americans don't know that Trump has been accused of sexual assault by 22 women.  ~90% of Americans don't know about this latest allegation at all.  The Dems could try acting like it's a big fucking deal and maybe some people would realize it is. The GOP made that work for using the wrong fucking email address for work shit. Pelosi should be able to make it work for literal rape.

Yes, they do. It's been all over the news.

32 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The GOP launched six different investigations into Benghazi and their officials screamed at the top of their lungs about EMAILS for 18 months every time they were near a camera or microphone.  The Dems could try something like that.

Yep. 

And who is currently the Speaker of the House?

51 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It's a joke about her not pursuing impeachment. I'm saying she sucks and even if she did have tools to help Trump's rape victims she wouldn't use them.

They are pursuing impeachment. That's what these hearings and subpoenas are all about. That's what Mueller coming to the Hill is about. These are impeachment hearings.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They are pursuing impeachment. That's what these hearings and subpoenas are all about. That's what Mueller coming to the Hill is about. These are impeachment hearings.

That's weird. Every time someone asks Nancy, she says there's no impeachment happening. Can't have impeachment hearings without impeachment proceedings. Which again, she has been painstaking to tell us aren't happening

Just now, Captainant said:

That's weird. Every time someone asks Nancy, she says there's no impeachment happening. Can't have impeachment hearings without impeachment proceedings. Which again, she has been painstaking to tell us aren't happening

And every time another member comes forward calling for impeachment, they do so with her blessing. She has never taken impeachment off the table. She is slowly building consensus in her caucus because right now, she does not have the votes.

3 minutes ago, Amobie said:

Does Trump/Russia have dirt on Pelosi?  No impeachment and now this...

Nothing. She knows that it will pass when she brings it to the floor. 

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Sadly, her position is the minority in the House. This bill passes if it gets a vote.

I wish they would pass the House bill again and send it back to the Senate. 

But Nancy blinked. 

The majority can not lose votes like that on the floor.  She’s right to throw in the towel.  The House only works if the majority has iron fisted control.  Better to retreat and regroup and get her caucus in a better mental space.  I guarantee tensions are through the roof right now in the cloak room. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

The majority can not lose votes like that on the floor.  She’s right to throw in the towel.  The House only works if the majority has iron fisted control.  Better to retreat and regroup and get her caucus in a better mental space.  I guarantee tensions are through the roof right now in the cloak room. 

Yep. She has a split caucus for the first time in her career. This is new territory. Democrats are not united.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

I wonder if her having a split caucus has anything to do with her publicly trashing the left since January and giving the centrists the idea that they run the show

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Maybe. They can challenge her speakership whenever they want.

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

"Actually concentration camps are good and we need more of them."

"The Republicans promised there would be Women of Color in charge of the music and decor of the next few concentration camps, and we really value inclusion. While this isn't ideal, it's what we have for now. We will keep on fighting!"

See? No Democrat should ever vote for a moderate ever again.

This is why.

What's infuriating about the moderate Dems is they don't even understand the issues they need to be moderate on. Guns? Sure. Maybe be a little quiet about the gays not being the devil? Alright. Maybe shut up about banks to get some support from small town banks and local businesses?  Ok. But there isn't a single fucking voter in most of these districts who is on the fence and decides to vote for a moderate Dem because they fought against including some basic health standards for immigrant detention camps.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

What's infuriating about the moderate Dems is they don't even understand the issues they need to be moderate on. Guns? Sure. Maybe be a little quiet about the gays not being the devil? Alright. Maybe shut up about banks to get some support from small town banks and local businesses?  Ok. But there isn't a single fucking voter in most of these districts who is on the fence and decides to vote for a moderate Dem because they fought against including some basic health standards for immigrant detention camps.  

They think that if they move left, the district goes back to a Republican and the House flips back. That's their political leverage over the progressives and the Speaker.

It fucking sucks.

President Sanders or Warren should name fucking names.

Get on Twitter and say, "The following is a list of Democratic representatives who want to keep kids in cages: A, B, C, D, E. Flood their offices with calls and protests. Primary them. Get them out of office."