who the fuck is the new guy on ESPN gameday?

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

I only watch Big Noon Kickoff. Lee Corso is a legend and the reason why college gameday became so damn popular but it's tough watching clips of him these days. 

A legend, huh.  Lulz. You’re a big jerk. 

42 minutes ago, Dignan said:

I don’t think ESPN cares if he’s a great musician or not. To me, it is pretty obvious. 

I can"t imagine anyone giving a shit about how much "Rich" is shown on College GameDay each week, except maybe his wife. Surly never disappoints. 

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Yeah? Well I had sex with your wife….

Cruel and tragic. You ARE a big jerk.  

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

We're having fun here, no? 

Cheeky and fun. This guy gets it. He’s on my show to try to make it better. 

So now they give this bro-dude a Saturday evening show on ESPN2 to give his play-by-play take of the ESPN game?  If anyone thinks he's not a douche, they may need to have their douche-ometer calibrated.  I mean he's wearing a fucking tank top on TV!  About the only thing more douchey would be for him to wear a sports coat with no shirt underneath.

On 10/22/2022 at 12:51 PM, Beau Vine said:

Maybe barely show John Rich because he's a fucking terrible musician?

JFC dude, he is a phenomenal vocalist and a terrific song writer. I get that you may not like his politics or genre of music but don't let your emotions get involved in making terrible opinions.

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2022 at 10:47 AM, immamac said:

Pat Mcafee? He’s great. He was the long time *kicker for the colts and he has his own sports show that is a good listen. He drastically improved game day. 

* punter. He actually has a pretty incredible backstory. In high school in Pittsburgh he took $100 to a poker game and turned it into $1400, used that to finance his trip to a kicking camp in Miami. Won a competition there and that interest got him a scholarship to kick at  WVU under RichRod. Got drafted by the Colts in the 7th round to punt, which he had never done. Also told Bill Polian he knew how to hold, which he had never done. Makes 2 Pro Bowls as a punter and abruptly retires in his prime to get into media, and makes a fortune at it. Has some hilarious stories about his playing days too. 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/22/2022 at 1:40 PM, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

That's him. It's the redneck voice that annoys me more than anything about him. 

I get what you're saying, as many with that voice annoy me as well. But I got past that with Marty because I like his work. My favorite example was when GameDay went to Boone, NC and Marty gave us a feel for what it was like there at App State. NGL, I think the accent works when he says, "cold beer."

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/34608688