USMNT 2023

ztejas

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

CP is taking corners for AC Milan from the left flag.

laugh share GIF

Don’t look now, but…

Christian just got an assist off of a corner. 

Now if we* can just find some guys who can jump as high as that guy. 

*USMNT

RMA 0

ACM 1

28’

Edited by Napoleon

3 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Pulisic cookin tonight. I know its the italian league, but has he lost a step or three? he looks so slow in this attack, but i'm not used to watching serie A, maybe its the style?

He isn't gunning it. It's a friendly. Watch him in the Nations League highlights vs. tonight.

There was a play very early where he clearly wasn't tracking back at full speed. RM looks slow too.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Pulisic cookin tonight. I know its the italian league, but has he lost a step or three? he looks so slow in this attack, but i'm not used to watching serie A, maybe its the style?

Real Madrid is not in Serie A.

AC Milan is playing Real Madrid and they make a lot of people look slow. Also, the humidity in Pasadena is 66%, so even though it is in the mid 70°s, everyone is probably dripping tonight in…

“The House That Vince Built”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Real Madrid is not in Serie A.

WHAT?? WHAT!?

my point was that italian teams might not flow their offense through the wings like i've seen CP play in both the US and in London (when playing i guess). Its just taking some getting used to watching CP in that style of play.

But lemme go look at a map first. 🙄

• Haha 1

Couple of thoughts from this friendly (now that the yanks have been sent to the pine).

- McKennie has a great build and talent but I question his work ethic and commitment. He needs to take the game and his fitness more seriously before he's jumped by an up and comer. In other words - he needs to get over himself or his starting spot will be usurped rather quickly. 

- Weah is a fucking machine. Line him up wherever you want his impact is going to be felt. The bloodline with him shines through. Just a fantastic player. 

- CP - if he can stay healthy - is going to be one of the best 10-12 players in serie A this season. It isn't a stretch to suggest that when healthy and in form he's a top 10 winger in the world. 

(In layman's terms - the US has - again  - when he's fit - one of the best 20 attacking players in the world. He's that good)

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

- CP - if he can stay healthy - is going to be one of the best 10-12 players in serie A this season. It isn't a stretch to suggest that when healthy and in form he's a top 10 winger in the world. 

(In layman's terms - the US has - again  - when he's fit - one of the best 20 attacking players in the world. He's that good)

still can't believe Landycakes suggested the 24 year old CP move to MLS for...money?

Landon is

Parks And Recreation GIF by Peacock

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Good landing spot for him, will get some experience at 19 in a decent European league against some strong Belgian squads. At 19, this is about as good as it gets for guaranteed playing time for a player with his experience. I imagine a couple more years of loans with slowly improving squads/leagues before he is ready for the Prem.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

… thoughts from this friendly…

- McKennie has a great build and talent but I question his work ethic and commitment. He needs to take the game and his fitness more seriously before he's jumped by an up and comer. In other words - he needs to get over himself or his starting spot will be usurped rather quickly. 

Supposedly Juve has just bought a central midfielder who will probably take Weston’s spot and then they will try to sell Weston after the American tour. 

56 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Who still needs a landing spot?  TA, or is he staying with Leeds?  

TA is still recovering from hamstring surgery in March, so he likely isn’t going anywhere until maybe January, or maybe next summer. 

Teams don’t typically look to sign running midfielders who can’t run. 

10 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Good landing spot for him, will get some experience at 19 in a decent European league against some strong Belgian squads. At 19, this is about as good as it gets for guaranteed playing time for a player with his experience. I imagine a couple more years of loans with slowly improving squads/leagues before he is ready for the Prem.

I'd rather have seen him in the Championship or in the Netherlands. The Belgian league is totally "meh" outside of the top 4-5 teams.

Here's how it compares to MLS:

https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/compare?first=BelgianJupilerLeague&second=MajorLeagueSoccer

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

TA is still recovering from hamstring surgery in March, so he likely isn’t going anywhere until maybe January, or maybe next summer. 

Teams don’t typically look to sign running midfielders who can’t run. 

Yeah I have no problem with Adams staying with Leeds for a bit after injury. Kind of like a baseball player doing a rehab assignment after injury in AA or AAA. If he comes back and shows no ill effects  then he'll be loaned or sold in January. 

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I'd rather have seen him in the Championship or in the Netherlands. The Belgian league is totally "meh" outside of the top 4-5 teams.

https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/compare?first=BelgianJupilerLeague&second=MajorLeagueSoccer

Yeah I have no problem with Adams staying with Leeds for a bit after injury. Kind of like a baseball player doing a rehab assignment after injury in AA or AAA. If he comes back and shows no ill effects  then he'll be loaned or sold in January. 

If they need him for promotion, he’s not going anywhere. If they aren’t likely to get promoted, then maybe. 

The 49ers crew now officially own Leeds. I doubt that they want to risk promotion to let Tyler go mid season. 

26 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Both Horvath and Steffen had well over 100 caps before they were loaned to a Championship squad (Luton/Coventry). As well, they had both had previous experience in Europe. Steffen Bunde and Prem, Horvath Belgium and Norway.

Hell Pickford started out being loaned out to non-competitive European Leagues.

And yes, the Belgian League on a whole is comparable to MLS, but the top teams are leaps better than the top MLS squads.

image.png.6eb85c4d3dd3a018933b509311c909b9.png

It's definitely not a homerun, but certainly much less risky than sending him to a squad that might not start him.

Btw top of the Belgian League vs Championship

image.png.07edc4df4e314490cf2cae60f46bd187.png

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

If they need him for promotion, he’s not going anywhere. If they aren’t likely to get promoted, then maybe. 

The 49ers crew now officially own Leeds. I doubt that they want to risk promotion to let Tyler go mid season. 

Not sure if this affects that: