USMNT 2023

ztejas

The gal's team has been announced.

The guy's team has been picked, but I have not yet seen it announced. Mike is flying to Chile Friday and is right now set to be an alternate and the coach wants to see him in practice in case any of the guys are injured. I think the team is made up of U-19 guys, with three U-23s allowed. Mike is 21 so he falls in that category. And he is free since his St. Louis City2 team lost its playoff game.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/10/2023 at 11:18 AM, PittsburghTiger said:

The gal's team has been announced.

The guy's team has been picked, but I have not yet seen it announced. Mike is flying to Chile Friday and is right now set to be an alternate and the coach wants to see him in practice in case any of the guys are injured. I think the team is made up of U-19 guys, with three U-23s allowed. Mike is 21 so he falls in that category. And he is free since his St. Louis City2 team lost its playoff game.

Mike just called me. Coach just called him and said he is on the squad for the Pan-Am Games. The team is meeting in Atlanta tomorrow to fly to Chile.

He’s really excited.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

I don't care if it's a friendly, I'm stoked about playing Germany today.  Grew up over there and 2 of my brothers were born there.  Still bent out of shape that I moved back to the states 6 months before Die Mannschaft won it in 1990.  My friends said the partying in the streets was like Guadalupe when UT beat Nebraska in 96.

Just now, Captain Ron said:

Yeah not sure I agree. They dictated play at times and we’ve handled it. We’ve had chances. Not sure what you expect. 

Mmmm, like 2 counters? This is the absolute weakest german team, with a new coach, that has no identity, no striker.
German has had three shots in the box that have been straight at the keeper or off the post...again...because this is a terrible german team. 

I expect the "best" American team to do more than counter against a FIFA ranked 15 team in EUROPE.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

I don’t get why Pulisic is taking corners. That’s idiotic. 

I'm not watching but it's quit making any sense. His last 2 goals in Serie A have been crosses into the box where he's made a play on the ball in the air to put it in the back of the net. God forbid we have him in the box on set pieces 🙄

17 minutes ago, MisterP said:

Mmmm, like 2 counters? This is the absolute weakest german team, with a new coach, that has no identity, no striker.
German has had three shots in the box that have been straight at the keeper or off the post...again...because this is a terrible german team. 

I expect the "best" American team to do more than counter against a FIFA ranked 15 team in EUROPE.

You act like a bad German team is chopped liver. They are still really good. And given who they have, especially Sane, I think you are underselling this team.

We are level at 1, had a number of good chances for more. Im not complaining. 

Just now, Captain Ron said:

You act like a bad German team is chopped liver. They are still really good. And given who they have, especially Sane, I think you are underselling this team.

We are level at 1, had a number of good chances for more. Im not complaining. 

US has stepped it up a bit for sure. Germany have had 4-5 shots from inside the box. They have no striker. Moose and Sane + Midfield are legit. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Hasn’t seen many touches. I can only think of 2 or 3. Clearly still has the vision, but yeah not the legs. I wouldnt expect him to play much in the 2nd half. 

I wouldn't have started him tbh.

6 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

He’s the most irreplaceable guy we have.

Maybe. Even though we're a lot deeper up front I'd argue it's CP right now as good as he's been. 

Maybe we don't concede with TA out there, we also don't score without CP out there.

*and on Dest - he would optimally be a utility guy or a super sub. He isn't good enough on D to start at FB for any intl team that's serious.

Edited by ztejas