USMNT 2023

ztejas

So I just got home after some detours on the way here.

Glad we won 3-0.

But damn if I didn't see a team that was not prepared for a 9 man bunker job against them. WTF is GGG doing?!?!?! It was pretty obvious that is what T&T was going to do, why wasn't this team ready for that? And then to be up a man for 55' before our first goal? Hell, how many SOGs did we even have? I see an official count of 8,  but most of them were well late into the game. Despite the win, a not great opening game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Glad we won 3-0.

But damn if I didn't see a team that was not prepared for a 9 man bunker job against them. WTF is GGG doing?!?!?! It was pretty obvious that is what T&T was going to do, why wasn't this team ready for that? And then to be up a man for 55' before our first goal? Hell, how many SOGs did we even have? I see an official count of 8,  but most of them were well late into the game. Despite the win, a not great opening game.

Zero shots on goal in the first half.

Probably only one real shot off target and another thing that went 20 to 30 FEET over the goal and that was it.

Fortunately I was in the 15th row of section 103 behind T&T’s goal in the second half and was like Bob Stoops…

…because I had balls flying past me from every direction.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The game is supposed to start in 3 minutes.

Heh - looks like you were in 123.  We were in 124, R15.  Cheers, neighbor.

Crowd filled in nicely, weather/temp stayed nice, team dominated play, Yanks got the win - great night all around!  I kept telling my friends that we're absolutely killing the X/O and being aggressive, so the dam will break and we'll get the G sooner or later and after we got the 1st one, I said "watch, we'll probably get 3 here in the last 5 minutes" so I feel very smart today. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Woah, I didn't see the other Nations League score from yesterday. Panama went to Costa Rica and won 3-0. That just about puts them in the Copa America unless Costa Rica can reverse that.

Tonight:

Jamaica hosts Canada at 6 PM Central

Honduras hosts Mexico at 8 PM

IMG_0305.thumb.jpeg.43a40c585fc54c46aa3624a9cd797e5b.jpeg

I saw a headline that Tico fans were upset that [Player X______(-ez?)] never saw the field.

Don’t remember the player’s name, but Costa Rica went on a run to qualify for the 2022 World Cup because they abandoned their old farts and went with their kids. I thought that they had what it would take to be #4 in CONCACAF (behind the 🇺🇸, 🇲🇽, & 🇨🇦) for the next cycle or two.

I know they probably can make this up at home, but Mexico is losing 2-0. Big yikes for them. 

L-Tri lose 2-0. Home leg should be interesting. They had possession but Honduras outshot them 12-8 and they only managed 2 shots on goal. I thought Santi was supposed to be better than Pepi.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

U17 team not doing do well against France. They are down 3-0, but worse is that 3 players have been lost for the next game, 2 on yellow card accumulation and 1 on a silly late red card for DOGSO, on a goal that wouldn’t matter. 

The kid with the red card in stoppage time was/is a fucking idiot!

Down 0-3 when you need a win and the late game sub goes full 2010 Charles Puyol tackling Arjen Robben and gets a straight red and the announcer is saying “That’s “unfortunate’.”…

NO! That’s full-blown regarded!

”Fortune” / “Misfortune” is a bad bounce.

This was a fucking dumb as shit decision.

Send that fucker home early on a plane by himself.

9 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

This game also had a ridiculous 14 minutes of stoppage in the second half. It caused the red card, which happened about 7’ in.

Again, J.P Dellacamera[sic] going on about the 14 minutes of stoppage time and how we should be trying to protect the kids…

Look Shit For Brains…

There are 14 minutes of stoppage time because the game was stopped for 14 minutes!! 😂

He and that low-voiced woman who turns one-syllable words into 2-3 syllable words could not grasp the basic concept that the kids were NOT playing an extra 14 minutes, but rather were making up the 14 minutes that they DID NOT PLAY while 45 minutes ticked off the clock.

If soccer ever realized that simply STOPPING THE CLOCK while tending to injuries, taking water breaks, consulting VAR, celebrating goals before kicking off, and subbing off players, you wouldn’t have idiot announcers moaning about stoppage time and misleading some viewers into thinking that the kids were playing extra minutes.

On 11/17/2023 at 1:36 AM, Captain Ron said:

Glad we won 3-0.

I mean we had tweedle dee and tweedle dipshit on the wings. In fairness to Tillman I don't think he plays there often. 

We were a different team with Aaronson and Pepi on the pitch. 

On 11/18/2023 at 6:16 PM, Napoleon said:

He and that low-voiced woman who turns one-syllable words into 2-3 syllable words could not grasp the basic concept that the kids were NOT playing an extra 14 minutes, but rather were making up the 14 minutes that they DID NOT PLAY while 45 minutes ticked off the clock.

Lol.  Was it July Fowdy?  I was sick, and had just finished off a couple of bourbons.  I fell asleep in the 1st half thinking about what a disaster this game was turning into.  I wake up at halftime hearing Fowdy's voice, so I assumed I really was just having a nightmare.

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Lol.  Was it July Fowdy?  I was sick, and had just finished off a couple of bourbons.  I fell asleep in the 1st half thinking about what a disaster this game was turning into.  I wake up at halftime hearing Fowdy's voice, so I assumed I really was just having a nightmare.

IMG_0376.jpeg.e43632ac78e857bf868d33cfe4dac410.jpeg

IMG_0375.thumb.jpeg.7c9b26b79429f43056cf32a55426db9e.jpeg

She has been coached into lowering her voice to not sound shrill (I guess) and she stretches out the last word of each line (not always the end of a sentence) whether it is multiple syllables or a single syllable.

This absolutely is a learned delivery technique, because no one would ever be tolerated speaking like that growing up, nor hired to keep speaking like that, because a person could never last 5 minutes in an interview with that shit.

”As they move the ba-a-all

They are able to pull the opposing defense apar-R-rt.

Pulisic has been able to sneak in behind to the back po-o-ost.”

This is all delivered with an “Imitate your most boring male high school teacher trying to speak clearly on a day that the teachers’ lounge has run out of coffee.” directive.

• Haha 1