2023 Texas Softball - Back to WCWS

Js1

We did get a very soft regional draw because the committee predictably put Texas State and aggy in our regional. 

aggy at #25 in RPI and Texas State at #40 in RPI is a really soft draw considering the #13 national seed. It's just proof the committee doesn't care about resumes and prioritizes views/TV ratings. 

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We did get a very soft regional draw because the committee predictably put Texas State and aggy in our regional. 

aggy at #25 in RPI and Texas State at #40 in RPI is a really soft draw considering the #13 national seed. It's just proof the committee doesn't care about resumes and prioritizes views/TV ratings. 

Texas State and aggy coming to Austin is about minimizing travel, nothing else. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Gotta get attendance up and committee often uses geographic criteria to allow shorter trips for a lot of the smaller schools.

Personally I'm really tired of aggy and texas state in the Austin regional...  🙄

51 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas players looked really disappointed 😵

Because most people expected them between 9 and 12 and avoiding the top 4. Kinda BS. 

But this team has to avoid pouring and losing at home in the regional. Prove them wrong. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Even if had swept or won the Baylor series, I’m not sure it would have mattered. Silly me worrying about all that. 

They still would have come up with a reason against us being seeded higher

Overall, Texas is probably under seeded and I’m sure Tennessee is pissed they’ll see someone who had a top 8 resume. Considering the majority of our starting 9 and our 2 best pitchers are freshman or sophomore, it’s quite an achievement. 

We took down an SEC team in supers last year. Let’s just do it again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Link has info for entire bracket.    EST times.

NCAA softball tournament 2023: Full regionals bracket, TV schedule for Road to Women's College World Series | Sporting News

Austin Regional 

Friday, May 19
Game 1: Seton Hall vs. No. 13 Texas, 5 p.m., Longhorn Network   4PM Central
Game 2: Texas State vs. Texas A&M, 7:30 p.m., ESPN+    630PM  Central

Saturday, May 20
Game 3: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2
Game 4: Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2
Game 5: Winner Game 4 vs. Loser Game 3

Sunday, May 21
Game 6: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 5
Game 7 (if necessary): Rematch Game 6

10 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

OSU also gets Wichita State in their regional. Wichita State is a really good team and has beaten OSU twice this season.

Texas was under seeded but they did get a really soft regional draw. Softer than several teams seeded above them.

Wichita State was #22 in RPI which is higher than aggy or Texas State for context. Texas didn't get screwed at all with the regional draw it was being paired with Tennessee in the Supers. 

https://shupirates.com/sports/softball/roster

Curious about Seton Hall.

Seton Hall deserves to be here.    42-16,  2nd in Big East behind UConn,  beat them for tournament championship    Split 2 games with Tech at Lubbock in March.

3 players from Texas (Friendswood, Missouri City, Cypress) others from Calif, Ariz, and Oregon.   Coach knows how to recruit.

Player front table, middle, dark hair,  seems first to give 'Horns Up,  then 'Horns Down.   😊     Great time of year !

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TexasIsBetter said:

Do any of yall happen to know if there's a place to watch the games outside of the stadium? Not like at a bar, but like a block party watch area like some teams do in the finals of their respective sport

Not to my knowledge.   There may be some tailgates with TV's that continue during the game,  not sure.

There are fans who also stand outside the LF fence and the berm by the RF parking lot with lawn chairs.

Some cheap tickets on StubHub,  at least for game 1.     Are you interested in getting a ticket,  or just prefer to watch from outside  ?

We're taking my daughters softball team to play in a select tournament that week and going to take them all to a game but the WCWS ticket package only included enough tickets for the girls +1. My wife and other daughters will be there but the cheapest tickets I could find were ~$70 in the outfield nosebleeds. So that's why I, and some of the other parents, was wondering if there was a place outside the stadium

Edited by TexasIsBetter

Mike never asks me my opinion but I’d start Citlaly today to get her NCAA postseason feet wet and have Sophia ready after 3 or so innings. Morgan needs to go tomorrow against aggy or Texas State 

1 hour ago, TexasIsBetter said:

We're taking my daughters softball team to play in a select tournament that week and going to take them all to a game but the WCWS ticket package only included enough tickets for the girls +1. My wife and other daughters will be there but the cheapest tickets I could find were ~$70 in the outfield nosebleeds. So that's why I, and some of the other parents, was wondering if there was a place outside the stadium

NCAA Softball Regionals Austin Tickets - StubHub

Did you check StubHub ?    Alot of tickets under $5.00 for the bleachers in right field for game 1.     As mentioned,  people stand or sit in lawn chairs on the berm behind right field.    Likely will be crowded,  but you do feel the atmosphere/excitement of the game.    

3 hours ago, torre said:

NCAA Softball Regionals Austin Tickets - StubHub

Did you check StubHub ?    Alot of tickets under $5.00 for the bleachers in right field for game 1.     As mentioned,  people stand or sit in lawn chairs on the berm behind right field.    Likely will be crowded,  but you do feel the atmosphere/excitement of the game.    

not for the regional, I'm asking about the WCWS finals at HOF Stadium in OKC

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Mike never asks me my opinion but I’d start Citlaly today to get her NCAA postseason feet wet and have Sophia ready after 3 or so innings. Morgan needs to go tomorrow against aggy or Texas State 

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Mac gets the start

lol

4 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

lol

I just don’t see why you start your ace against the 4 seed. Your ace should pitch you into the regional championship on Saturday’s 1-0 game. Too much PTSD of watching Clark burn Luna and losing home regionals. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Vivi 2 doubles, 3 RBI today. 

6-0 Texas, bottom 5, no outs, runner on 2nd

Texas can end it early and go chill until tomorrow and watch the aggy and Texas State game 

Edited by Js1

Just now, Cairn Horn88 said:

Our pitchers didn’t have to work that much.  Mac probably gets tomorrow’s start?

Likely. 38 pitches is basically nothing. If it’s Texas State, they saw Morgan last time (7 innings no runs). 

https://www.espn.com/college-softball/scoreboard

Regional scoreboard.

Durham Regional played earlier today.   #8 overseeded Duke got a HR in bottom of 6th to edge George Mason 2-1.   Duke had to bring in their ace pitcher Curl to close the game.    Play Charlotte next who upset #2 seed Campbell.     As mentioned, Baylor lost to Ole Miss 3-0.