2023 Texas Softball - Back to WCWS

Js1

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

just not good enough but at least we made a super, gonna go out to the #4 seed.  maybe not get swept by baylor is a good idea.

Super young team. Maybe hit a wall 

Just now, DigDug said:

The runny slap hitters are just the worst.  They should have a different league just for them.

there is no reason to have them in the lineup anymore. It shows deficiency when you can't recruit players that can play D and don't need to be slap hitters.

Seems like Mike is trying to groom Gutierrez as that Ace for next season, we should be a year better defensively, maybe add a  bat or two 

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

there is no reason to have them in the lineup anymore. It shows deficiency when you can't recruit players that can play D and don't need to be slap hitters.

Except for base running situations 

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Their SS makes two pretty good plays last inning, ours barely handles a routine 6-4 GO. 

Then Ringling Bros happens in RF. 

to be fair the one play was all on our runner being stupid.

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Seems like Mike is trying to groom Gutierrez as that Ace for next season, we should be a year better defensively, maybe add a  bat or two 

Except for base running situations 

you mean pinch runners?

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Well, we didn’t win swimming & diving, what sport is next? 

Women’s track and field 

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you mean pinch runners?

isn’t that what they basically are?

• Haha 1

ugly.  I'm not so sure this team is better next year.  not surprised though.  the baylor series told the tale of this team and put us in a position for a bad draw.  we aren't a top 8 team.

the OSU sweep was fun though.

I think we could upgrade a catcher.

Edited by dcar00

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

1 hit and 3 errors isn’t going to get it done. For Mike’s system to work he needs sluggers on his roster 

Is there really a system?  womens softball isn't really all that complicated.  you either need dominant pitching and good fielding or dominant hitting with good pitching.  we have neither.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

Is there really a system?  womens softball isn't really all that complicated.  you either need dominant pitching and good fielding or dominant hitting with good pitching.  we have neither.

Obviously the key win winning championships is both, but Mike prioritizes hitting over fielding. For his system to work, he needs his bats to make up for the fielding blemishes. 3 errors like today can be absorbed if the offense puts up a bunch of runs. 

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

ugly.  I'm not so sure this team is better next year. 

I mean I know your annoying thing is being the biggest Debbie downer but we are primarily freshmen and sophomores all over the batting order and in the circle. Like chill out - these players are still growing up. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Obviously the key win winning championships is both, but Mike prioritizes hitting over fielding. For his system to work, he needs his bats to make up for the fielding blemishes. 3 errors like today can be absorbed if the offense puts up a bunch of runs. 

Would also help his defense if he could recruit strikeout pitchers. If any of the girls on the roster were supposed to be that, they aren’t.  Helps to throw real hard and none of them break 70. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

well it is nice not to lose 1-0 with most dominant pitcher in the history of women's softball.

White needs to up his game in recruiting.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean I know your annoying thing is being the biggest Debbie downer but we are primarily freshmen and sophomores all over the batting order and in the circle. Like chill out - these players are still growing up. 

I mean I know you are super/best fan and all...again you are one of those best fans that reads way to much emotion into a post

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Would also help his defense if he could recruit strikeout pitchers. If any of the girls on the roster were supposed to be that, they aren’t.  Helps to throw real hard and none of them break 70. 

this.  Tennessee was just a better team.  We'll see if White can upgrade in the offseason.

Gutierrez is damn good.

Edited by dcar00

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I mean I know you are super/best fan and all...again you are one of those best fans that reads way to much emotion into a post

Maybe kill the hyperbole that we will be worse next year. No one is happy with getting killed by Tennessee. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Maybe kill the hyperbole that we will be worse next year. No one is happy with getting killed by Tennessee. 

maybe read the post where I said I'm not so sure this team will be better next year...reading comprehension would be good for you to practice if you are gonna slam people.  zero hyperbole.