2023 Texas Softball - Back to WCWS

Js1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Anyone see what Dayton was doing on her hit that she didn’t take 2nd on the throw home?  I didn’t notice a potential cutoff live, and she would have scored on day’s hit. 

the first baseman was at the mound, could have cut it and the throw was pretty good(not high).   I would have sent the runner because there was no way they weren't going to let that throw go.  worst case the run scores anyway.

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Anyone see what Dayton was doing on her hit that she didn’t take 2nd on the throw home?  I didn’t notice a potential cutoff live, and she would have scored on day’s hit. 

It originally looked like the throw was going to be cutoff, but the throw was allowed to go to the plate...guess she thought it was gonna be cutoff and stayed at first...I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

We left 8 on, I like our chances tomorrow defensively we have to tighten up!!! 

Mac pitched a very competitive game,  albeit for 1 pitch.    Hindsight always 20/20,  1B open, elected to pitch to Puni who has 4HRs in last 3 games.   However,  next batter (Gibson) has more HR's for the season than Puni.   Tough call for MW.  

We can beat this team.   Need more discipline on cutoff throws.   Tenn very aggressive on basepath.

23 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

OSU about to punch their ticket to OKC…leading Oregon 7-0 B5.

It's hard not to be bitter about their easier path (right down the road) to OKC.  We're the better team.  We fucked ourselves at the end of the season though.  I just feel like they are living on rep from past seasons' success.

In any event, OU seems about three standard deviations better than anyone else this year, so the whole OKC thing feels a little pointless.  

42 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

It's hard not to be bitter about their easier path (right down the road) to OKC.  We're the better team.  We fucked ourselves at the end of the season though.  I just feel like they are living on rep from past seasons' success.

In any event, OU seems about three standard deviations better than anyone else this year, so the whole OKC thing feels a little pointless.  

RPI is still a total crock of BS. 

• Rage+1 1