2023 Texas High School Football

55 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Brownsville Vets up on PSJA North 45-14 in what may be the biggest upset in RGV playoff history. All those fights and chirping PSJAN got a rep for came to a head today. Easily 100+ penalty yards and I believe at least one player ejection. Vets never backed down or play scared and just flat out looked like the superior team.

psja acting like jackasses ???

Abc Im Shocked GIF by The Bachelorette

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

LaVernia throws an INT on the next possession. Davenport gets a field goal. Up 17-0 under 4 minutes in the 1st. This is a complete speed mismatch.

I don't know if it's something in the water or what, but La Vernia is always big and slow.

Belleville is just whipping Silsbee early, 21-0 4 left in 1st.  I don't think Draelon Miller's playing; if he is, he hasn't done jack shit.  Edit: He is playing, but they just gave up a safety and it's 23-0, still 1st.

Edited by Beau Vine

16 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I don't know if it's something in the water or what, but La Vernia is always big and slow.

They finally decided to use their size advantage after that brutal 1st quarter and they put up 17 in the 2nd. Unfortunately they just gave up a 51 yard TD to trail 31-17 with 20 seconds to go before the half. Singletary is just having a field day at WR for the Wolves.

Edited by UpperWestside

LaVernia turns it over on downs at the Davenport 6 yard line. 45-31 final. That sophomore back Fallon put up at least 200 on the ground tonight to go along with that TD catch and a 65 yard TD run. Really surprised to see Davenport step up physically with a team that definitely specializes in that style of play in LaVernia.

Davenport wins next week against Calhoun by 20 plus. Just too much speed for the Wolves. 

Edited by UpperWestside