Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

On 4/3/2023 at 9:27 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Damn you, @Valmy77

I don't know what's going on. I guess they just needed to get out of Boston to suddenly look like a decent pitching team. The freaking Pirates are beating the Red Sox now, so they might not be a big juggernaut either.

But the early season is always a little weird and besides until June I only am sort of paying attention, it is still UT Baseball season.

Josh: 

Actually, the best thing might be to take a swig of that special 10-year-old Whistle Pig whiskey the Orioles sent over.

Only one problem: “Right now it would probably burn the inside of my mouth.”

He laughed a little. Because he could. A day earlier, he wasn’t sure that would be a possibility. 

12 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't know what's going on. I guess they just needed to get out of Boston to suddenly look like a decent pitching team. The freaking Pirates are beating the Red Sox now, so they might not be a big juggernaut either.

But the early season is always a little weird and besides until June I only am sort of paying attention, it is still UT Baseball season.

Not counting McKenna’s drop, O’s OFers misplayed at least a half dozen fly outs into xtrabase “hits.”  Pitching wasn’t sharp, but it wasn’t a disaster.

7 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I like the ‘excepting’ part. 

I am accepting what the bullpen is providing.  😉

We didn't add much in the offseason, and it looks much better thus far.  Bochy seems to know when to use guys, and he says there are good arms - a little surprising to me.

• Hook 'Em 1