Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

The Rangers have the most milk-toast branding in the league.  Get some cream pants.  Drop the Spurs stuff and just keep the Peagle.  I've had a Dallas Eagles hat and jersey for years now, so to me this is a nice tribute and fixes the weird Eagle logo(which I still think is awesome)

spacer.png

3 hours ago, rantanamo said:

The Rangers have the most milk-toast branding in the league.  Get some cream pants.  Drop the Spurs stuff and just keep the Peagle.  I've had a Dallas Eagles hat and jersey for years now, so to me this is a nice tribute and fixes the weird Eagle logo(which I still think is awesome)

spacer.png

Milquetoast*

Soymilkfrenchtoast*

Yeah, Rangers branding is AIDS.   Red white and blue is as boring as it gets.  And each of the colors are right in the fat of the crayola spectrum for red and blue to ensure nothing accidentally interesting happens. 

The city connect stuff is dumb and feels contrived as though it "connects" with us somehow.  4-21 is so dear to me.  Peagle really tugs my nostalgia thinking of some teams I've never heard of.  HOWEVA, I'd be okay if we just decided that was our uniform.  Don't act like it has any relevance to the area.  Just change our entire design scheme.  'Rangers' is the only thing worth keeping.  Get rid of the colors, the font, the horsehead plush doll mascot thing.  The city connect look is as good as any.

10 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Soymilkfrenchtoast*

Yeah, Rangers branding is AIDS.   Red white and blue is as boring as it gets.  And each of the colors are right in the fat of the crayola spectrum for red and blue to ensure nothing accidentally interesting happens. 

The city connect stuff is dumb and feels contrived as though it "connects" with us somehow.  4-21 is so dear to me.  Peagle really tugs my nostalgia thinking of some teams I've never heard of.  HOWEVA, I'd be okay if we just decided that was our uniform.  Don't act like it has any relevance to the area.  Just change our entire design scheme.  'Rangers' is the only thing worth keeping.  Get rid of the colors, the font, the horsehead plush doll mascot thing.  The city connect look is as good as any.

*soggytoast

Years ago I flew to Detroit just to watch the Rangers play there. What was striking was how cool their logo/marketing/uniform is and how completely 90’s lame ours was. The old English “D” versus our logo that has an actual baseball in it. What the fuck?

Josh Hamilton hit a grand slam in the first inning of the first game and we were up like 11-0 after the first inning. Second game of the double header we got shut out by Verlander.