Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

19 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

This team f#$ks.

The Royals?  Yeah--I definitely agree.

I mean, let's be real fair--we're beating up on a bad team.  But let's be equally fair on the other side--last year, we were the bad team that was getting beat up on.

I'm still hoping for 82 wins.  Anything above that is going to leave me pretty gruntled.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The Royals?  Yeah--I definitely agree.

I mean, let's be real fair--we're beating up on a bad team.  But let's be equally fair on the other side--last year, we were the bad team that was getting beat up on.

I'm still hoping for 82 wins.  Anything above that is going to leave me pretty gruntled.

70-74 the rest of the way?

Sure they took it to the royals but it's the schedule. Not like they won 2-1 or even 9-8.

A's are up next and they're terrible so they need to keep piling up the wins vs terrible teams like the Royals and Astros. Heh.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

70-74 the rest of the way?

Sure they took it to the royals but it's the schedule. Not like they won 2-1 or even 9-8.

A's are up next and they're terrible so they need to keep piling up the wins vs terrible teams like the Royals and Astros. Heh.

There's no question about that.  These are bad teams.  But we need to be padding the W-L sheet with wins against bad teams, because god knows we're going to take our share of losses to good teams.  And it is satisfying to see the Rangers take it to some bad teams like the Royals.

So yeah--let's take it to the A's.  And for that matter, the Reds after that.  Because the Reds are pretty shitty, too.

I'm trying really hard to not get completely sucked in emotionally, but with the Mavs sot in the playoffs, it is nice to have the Rangers playing well, even if it turns out to be temporary.  I'm not able to follow most games live, so am dependent on the ESPN or other scrawls for scores.  I'll be glad when The NY Rangers are out of the playoffs...gets me every time.