• Yes, whenever possible
    • No, I'll take my chances if something happens
    • Got guns at home, don't carry outside of home
    • No, but not against it. Come to think of it, I should get a gun
    • No I don't
    • Yes I do, but concealed
    • Yes, and you will see what I'm packing chief

17 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Cute how you still haven't acknowledged that one school was specifically avoided and another sourced in the very words of the shooter because the security was too strong.  

Valid point.  I’m sure it’s of warm comfort to the fathers burying their nine year olds on Good Friday.  

3 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Cute how you still haven't acknowledged that one school was specifically avoided and another sourced in the very words of the shooter because the security was too strong.  

I absolutely did. You just didn't like the answer. A thief goes to two stores after hours: one backdoor is locked, the other isn't...which store are they robbing? Now, say both doors are locked...do you think the thief says, "We'll, shucks" and heads home? This latest shooter had already texted out their suicide note. If every school in the county was secured identically to the first, there isn't a scenario where the shooter gives up on her plan to kill lots of kids.

Parkland had roaming armed deputies and teachers, and locked gates and doors. None of it really seems to matter much when someone pulls out an AR. Good guys with guns--just like everyone else--seem to make themselves scarce when the bullets start flying.

Sure, though, I actually am interested in hearing reasonable proposals for enhanced school security. The only one that I've heard so far on this thread is shatterproof window glass. That's probably a good idea. I'll listen to more that stop short of creating fortresses for our kids.

But everything else is deflection and, pun not intended, window dressing to avoid addressing the core issue. As is your mental health talking point (Sure! Let's fund more mental health initiatives! Oh, wait, the same party that vehemently opposes gun control opposes that as well? Ah well, nevertheless). 

The easiest and most effective thing we can do is have a system that would identify a 26 year old that lives at home buying 7 guns from 5 gun stores as a red flag. Or a sketchy-looking 18 year old stocking up on his birthday. There's no "maybe" about it; we know gun control will work. The influx of mass shootings after the AR ban expired isn't a coincidence.

I'll take my chances with them crafting "pipe bombs" if they can't get their hands on guns. The last person that I heard make that stupid ass argument said that would-be mass murderers would just 3D print their own guns if they had to (cool, go learn SOLIDWORKS). That's how deep down the rabbit hole you guys are willing to go to avoid acknowledging the obvious.

22 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

there isn't a scenario where the shooter gives up on her plan to kill lots of kids.

You just answered your own question, and as usual, didn't even know it

23 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The influx of mass shootings after the AR ban expired isn't a coincidence.

Another talking point.  The influx of shootings are copycat killings after Columbine, where no ARs were used.  They also planted explosives at the school.  

You want gun bans and registration.  At least be honest about it.  

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

You want gun bans

Don't be a fucking simpleton. Keep your guns. I honestly don't care. You seem like an idiot, but you'd probably still pass all the hurdles and red flag laws that I'd like to see implemented.

"But they'll just make pipe bombs instead!" Get the fuck out of here with that lazy bullshit.

Weird how the "tough on crime" folks just throw up their hands and say "laws don't stop bad things!" on this one specific issue.

And then do everything in their power to defeat even the most mild regulations.

I want a gun registration. I said it. You're fine with dead kids. At least be honest about it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I want a gun registration. I said it. You're fine with dead kids. At least be honest about it.

That fucking leap drives me nuts.  It is nonsensical.  Registering every single weapon stops none of this. It has fuck-all to do with preventing mass shootings.  At least be honest about it.

Edited by slorch

6 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Weird how the "tough on crime" folks just throw up their hands and say "laws don't stop bad things!" on this one specific issue.

"Tough on crime" when laws are broken is completely different than "create more laws for people who haven't broken the law".  People who unlawfully use firearms should be prosecuted to the fullest. People who lawfully use firearms should not be punished for those who break the law. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Okay, hear me out as a 2a proponent.  No more doors.  Kids parachute into class each day. And the compromise for you libtards is the parachutes have to be on a registry and inspected annually.  

yes; the shooter chose the softer target where there were still locks and armed teachers.  And six bodies are still going six feet under on Good Friday so that we can talk about trans people over an Easter ham to commemorate the most famous Jew in history with the one food he couldn’t eat.  

it’s a fucking miracle of miracles we’ve made it this far as a species.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Okay, hear me out as a 2a proponent.  No more doors.  Kids parachute into class each day. And the compromise for you libtards is the parachutes have to be on a registry and inspected annually.  

yes; the shooter chose the softer target where there were still locks and armed teachers.  And six bodies are still going six feet under on Good Friday so that we can talk about trans people over an Easter ham to commemorate the most famous Jew in history with the one food he couldn’t eat.  

it’s a fucking miracle of miracles we’ve made it this far as a species.  

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation GIF by HBO Max

52 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Don't be a fucking simpleton. Keep your guns. I honestly don't care. You seem like an idiot, but you'd probably still pass all the hurdles and red flag laws that I'd like to see implemented.

"But they'll just make pipe bombs instead!" Get the fuck out of here with that lazy bullshit.

"there isn't a scenario where the shooter gives up on her plan to kill lots of kids."

Your words you aggy fuck

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Everyone has to have a hill to die on. Pushing back on Government regulations is mine. 

Shit, really? Dude, you should swing by the CR sometime. Hell, just from today we have Tennessee moving to expel 3 democratic lawmakers from the State House for protesting, Kansas passed laws allowing state actors to inspect the genitals of children, Texas banning books from public libraries, and Florida attacking a private corporation for protected speech!

Oh, and since I assume you're someone who really wants to drain the swamp, Clarence Thomas has been receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of undisclosed gifts from a Billionaire GOP donor. I can't imagine how upset you are about all this!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

"there isn't a scenario where the shooter gives up on her plan to kill lots of kids."

Your words you aggy fuck

Yes, I will take my fucking chances making the next pissed off teenager clumsily research how to build a bomb (which, ironically, the mere hypothetical Google search will land them on more watch lists than buying 7 guns in two months), carefully shop around for materials without raising any flags, and successfully setting it up to blow at just the right time in just the right place. The Boston Marathon bomb detonated in the middle of hundreds of people and killed 3. Versus them just waiting until they turn 18 and legally buying pretty much whatever the fuck they want, and all they have to do is figure out which end the bullets come out of.

You completely unserious clown.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yes, I will take my fucking chances making the next pissed off teenager clumsily research how to build a bomb (which, ironically, the mere hypothetical Google search will land them on more watch lists than buying 7 guns in two months), carefully shop around for materials without raising any flags, and successfully setting it up to blow at just the right time in just the right place. The Boston Marathon bomb detonated in the middle of hundreds of people and killed 3. Versus them just waiting until they turn 18 and legally buying pretty much whatever the fuck they want, and all they have to do is figure out which end the bullets come out of.

You completely unserious clown.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

I don't know, maybe getting arrested for trying to build a bomb might just do it. Worth a shot. What about the last dozen or so school shooters gives off the impression that they'd be expert bomb makers? These introverted outcasts with shit grades and minimal skill sets. They use guns because guns are fucking easy. To obtain and use.

Look at the depths that you have to crawl to to try to defend a no more gun reforms stance. Pathetic.

32 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Shit, really? Dude, you should swing by the CR sometime. Hell, just from today we have Tennessee moving to expel 3 democratic lawmakers from the State House for protesting, Kansas passed laws allowing state actors to inspect the genitals of children, Texas banning books from public libraries, and Florida attacking a private corporation for protected speech!

Oh, and since I assume you're someone who really wants to drain the swamp, Clarence Thomas has been receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of undisclosed gifts from a Billionaire GOP donor. I can't imagine how upset you are about all this!

DRAIN. THE. SWAMP.*

*wait, not that swamp. The other one!

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Then we obviously need to just get rid of all the guns, right?

Is this the fabled slippery slope that I've heard so much about? Any day now it's coming, right?? Pass one sensible reform, and pretty soon the gun collectors will be knocking on your door! Decades of gun lobby propaganda told me so.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Is this the fabled slippery slope that I've heard so much about? Any day now it's coming, right?? Pass one sensible reform, and pretty soon the gun collectors will be knocking on your door! Decades of gun lobby propaganda told me so.

So just the scary guns then, right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

So say someone spends months planning something out, this would stop them, right?

Yes, you fucking moron. Strict restrictions for potential owners under 21, proof of safe storage, full background checks (not just criminal history), in-person interviews, licensing requirement catered to the class of weapon--with written and practical testing--expanded red flag laws*, and magazine capacity limits would have absolutely stopped Tennessee, Uvalde, and a dozen others. If not in their entirety, certainly in their severity.

No, we'll never stop all of them, but fucking spare me the "nothing would stop them" routine, when every other civilized country has managed to find a way. You know damn well that my comment that you keep quoting was referring to on the day itself, when they're already armed and ready to die. Very little, if any, will stop them at that point (except brave unarmed ex-Army badasses at drag nightclubs, apparently). The goal should be preventing at least some of them from getting to that point, and forcing the truly committed to use less effective tools to kill.

*they don't have to be super intrusive like, say, marking you for life for "accidentally" linking Nazi propaganda websites, but any system that could say, "Hey, this chick that still lives at home with her parents bought 7 guns at 5 gun stores. This seems problematic."

7 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I survived another day in Houston without a penis extension. Was in the bloody nickel all morning, then got some bbq. Not today zombie Jesus…not today.

You're lucky, we were told once concealed carry was passed it was going to be a blood bath in the streets

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

proof of safe storage,

So now I have to also buy a gun safe?  Good to know

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

full background checks (not just criminal history)

Want my SAT scores?  So what does "full" look like?  You going to scrub my online posts?

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

in-person interviews

What the actual fuck are you talking about here?  Is there some fucking guy in a booth at McBride's I have to convince I can own a gun?  Did you just quietly kill the entire online gun industry?

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

licensing requirement catered to the class of weapon

So I also have to get a license to own semi auto pistols and rifles? 

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

with written and practical testing

So now I have my online posting history vetted, go through an in-person interview, and get some magical license, and then I have to pass some written test that you are just pulling out of your ass?  What are you testing me on?  That I know how to load it?  Unload it?  Strip it and clean it?  What?

9 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

expanded red flag laws*

"Problematic" - So what is the appeals process?  I get put on some fucking list, possibly have someone come take guns I've purchased, and I have to go to court to get them back?  Get fucked.  

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

magazine capacity limits

The stupidest of all solutions.  I can't carry a 20 or 30rd mag?  I'll just carry more 10rd mags.  They take about 2-3 seconds to swap out.  This is as fucking stupid as smaller cups to make people less fat.  We know how well that went over.  

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The goal should be preventing at least some of them from getting to that point, and forcing the truly committed to use less effective tools to kill.

The fucking goal should be not turning tens of millions of law abiding citizens into criminals overnight because you "hope" these stupid fucking ideas might work (which they won't)

Way to aggy up this fucking thread with your nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

So now I have to also buy a gun safe?  Good to know

Want my SAT scores?  So what does "full" look like?  You going to scrub my online posts?

What the actual fuck are you talking about here?  Is there some fucking guy in a booth at McBride's I have to convince I can own a gun?  Did you just quietly kill the entire online gun industry?

So I also have to get a license to own semi auto pistols and rifles? 

So now I have my online posting history vetted, go through an in-person interview, and get some magical license, and then I have to pass some written test that you are just pulling out of your ass?  What are you testing me on?  That I know how to load it?  Unload it?  Strip it and clean it?  What?

"Problematic" - So what is the appeals process?  I get put on some fucking list, possibly have someone come take guns I've purchased, and I have to go to court to get them back?  Get fucked.  

The stupidest of all solutions.  I can't carry a 20 or 30rd mag?  I'll just carry more 10rd mags.  They take about 2-3 seconds to swap out.  This is as fucking stupid as smaller cups to make people less fat.  We know how well that went over.  

The fucking goal should be not turning tens of millions of law abiding citizens into criminals overnight because you "hope" these stupid fucking ideas might work (which they won't)

"well regulated" unless, you know, it's kinda inconvenient for me

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yes, I think acquiring a gun should be about as difficult as legally driving a vehicle. How silly of me. I'm clearly the unreasonable nonsense spewer here.

So to be clear, your "common sense" solutions here are to mandate the ownership of a gun safe, a full scrub of your online posting history, an in-person interview that I have to apparently convince I "deserve" to own a gun, pass some written test that we know nothing about, get a fucking license, agree to red flag laws that have no appeals process, and submit to an arbitrary mag limit.  Let's also not forget your also want a national gun registration.

Yes, very "common sense".  Weird how nothing gets passed once the details emerge.  I can't for the life of me understand it....

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Hook 'Em 1

Can you imagine this in practice? Then you’d have the back and forth of administrations wanting to put their own spin on the “tests” and “interviews”. Then the republicans would be all like “well we’re doing this for the guns maybe we can implement a similar program for the transgenders!

None of this would ever pass. Again, Ive said it many times….if you want to accomplish something don’t get retarded.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Can you imagine this in practice? Then you’d have the back and forth of administrations wanting to put their own spin on the “tests” and “interviews”. Then the republicans would be all like “well we’re doing this for the guns maybe we can implement a similar program for the transgenders!

None of this would ever pass. Again, Ive said it many times….if you want to accomplish something don’t get retarded.

Our state is already retarded, dude.  You’re just debating the degree to which we’ll be armed while retarded.  And apparently the answer is “heavily”