• No, I'll take my chances if something happens
    • Got guns at home, don't carry outside of home
    • No, but not against it. Come to think of it, I should get a gun
    • No I don't
    • Yes I do, but concealed
    • Yes, and you will see what I'm packing chief

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

lol. Yeah. It’s terrible. 

Sounds like it. Sorry for spending all this time thinking you were a Salt Life douchenozzle. I really had no idea you were using your arsenal to defend your life and property. Thoughts and prayers.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, royiv said:

Sounds like it. Sorry for spending all this time thinking you were a Salt Life douchenozzle. I really had no idea you were using your arsenal to defend your life and property. Thoughts and prayers.

Glad we got it all cleared up. Now, I’ve got to get back to my custodial works before my bossman sees me on the phone. 

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The Prohibitionists aren’t? We’ll have to disagree there. I view them the same as the absolutists. 

You say you view them as the same, but despite the fact you agree in principle with the merit of some reform, you make common cause with the absolutists. 
You don't have to pick a side, this isn't centrism. This is about rejecting the terms of corrosive tribal warfare. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

You say you view them as the same, but despite the fact you agree in principle with the merit of some reform, you make common cause with the absolutists. 
You don't have to pick a side, this isn't centrism. This is about rejecting the terms of corrosive tribal warfare. 

QFT of each and every word.

I don't stand with prohibitionists.  I don't stand with absolutists.  Just like I don't reach the conclusion that if I opposed moronic marxists in their Che shirts, I MUST be MAGA.  

Be part of the solution.  If you make common cause with one of the extremes, you are instead part of the problem.  Be better.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Got damn I will sound like an old but we have speed limits for a reason.   

Nope.  Speed limits infringe on my liberty.  And speed limits don't prevent all speeding deaths -- we've had speed limits for decades, and thousands of people are killed by speeding drivers every year.  And anyway, I oppose speed limits because I don't drive recklessly when I speed, I'm a good driver and have never caused an accident because of speeding.  If you enact speed limits, you are punishing all drivers because of what a few reckless assholes do.  Simply enforce our existing reckless driving laws against those assholes, and maybe, MAYBE then we can talk about speed limits.  

That's the utter lack of logic we're dealing with.  We are never going to get anywhere, because the gun absolutists own the issue, 100%, and they're intent on rubbing everyone's noses in it.

• Hook 'Em 2

So where was the private citizen armed with open carry to drop this mass murderer?

(checks notes about guns at banks)...oh right, right.  Gun Free Zones are bullshit and just encourage more murder.

(checks notes again, armed guards)...oh right, right.  It's a bank.

Sometimes I think 'cooling off' periods is a good idea, like you have to wait for your weapons purchase for a week or a month after getting shitcanned.  

Then other times, it seems like the anger just festers and their plans on death and destruction get more and more severe, with more and more precise planning and training on the weapon.  

I can see both sides of the gun suicide discussion.  Like googling to how to tie a noose and then tying it and getting inside of it takes a lot of planning and gives a person time to reassess and in most cases, back out of it.  But just hurrying to the gun case in a depressed, drunken stupor and eating a bullet takes less than 30 seconds.  All gun cases/boxes/safes should have breathalyzers attached.  

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's the utter lack of logic we're dealing with.  We are never going to get anywhere, because the gun absolutists own the issue, 100%, and they're intent on rubbing everyone's noses in it.

Stating over and over that there are no laws or restrictions on firearms or that they are easier to get than a cup of coffee is bullshit, too, but it doesn’t stop you from posting it every other post.  Any reason for that? Just like to keep the situation murky for a reason, I don’t understand.  You saw we have laws against this, that, and the other, inferring that there is none for firearms. It’s purely disingenuous, because we both know you know better.  Or, maybe I’m wrong and you can point me to the academy where I can go pick up a suppressor (hearing protection, btw) this afternoon. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Orlly.gif 

I think we absolutely do have to pick a side.  May not be the one you agree fully with, but there’s only two boxes to check, unless Gary Johnson has one hell of a plan for firearms.  Lots of Gary Johnson guys here, iirc. 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Stating over and over that there are no laws or restrictions on firearms or that they are easier to get than a cup of coffee is bullshit, too, but it doesn’t stop you from posting it every other post.  Any reason for that? Just like to keep the situation murky for a reason, I don’t understand.  You saw we have laws against this, that, and the other, inferring that there is none for firearms. It’s purely disingenuous, because we both know you know better.  Or, maybe I’m wrong and you can point me to the academy where I can go pick up a suppressor (hearing protection, btw) this afternoon. 

I can point you to an Academy where you can pick up an AR, with magazine and plenty of ammo, before this lunch hour is over.  That's the kind of gun regulation that matters.  The kind that allows functionally everyone to acquire a weapon designed to throw a shitload of lead, at a high rate of fire, downrange.  Easy peasy.  Truly, I don't exaggerate, I've seen some Starbucks drive-thru lines that would likely take longer to conduct a full transaction than the Academy sale I just mentioned.

I haven't said there are NO laws or restrictions on firearms.  But I am damned well saying that post-Bruen, which is the 2nd Amendment Absolutists' wet-dream become real,  1) there aren't going to be any meaningful new gun regulations, and 2) many long-standing gun laws and regulations will fall in the coming days/months/years.  We are only going to go BACKWARDS on gun regulation. 

How do you think the majority of the voting public is going to take that?

How wise do you think a plan to shove the majority's nose in the pile of shit the absolutists are serving will turn out to be, long-term?

This ends badly for us.  For you and me.  You know it.  Yet you won't budge in your support of the absolutists.  That's insane to me.

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Orlly.gif 

I think we absolutely do have to pick a side.  May not be the one you agree fully with, but there’s only two boxes to check, unless Gary Johnson has one hell of a plan for firearms.  Lots of Gary Johnson guys here, iirc. 

Again.....this is fucking absolutely insane.  Your position is that there are only two sides: ban all guns, or the post-Bruen world of not just no additional gun control measures, but voiding as many of the current ones as the litigation can get to.  That is fucking madness.

The polling on this is crystal clear: 2/3 to 3/4 of Americans want more gun control action.  And, AT THE SAME TIME, 3/4 of Americans oppose a full ban on firearms (the questions I've seen were directed at handgun ownership mostly).  What you stated above is categorically and demonstratively false.  But I'll say it again....the path you are dedicated to staying on will eventually make the thing you claim to fear a reality.  When you tell 3/4 of the people to get fucked, eventually, the numbers are going to speak, and YOU'RE the one who will be fucked.

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Truly, I don't exaggerate,

Yes. Never. Except maybe below, where you are talking about events that have YET TO HAPPEN, Nostradamus. 

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But I am damned well saying that post-Bruen, which is the 2nd Amendment Absolutists' wet-dream become real,  1) there aren't going to be any meaningful new gun regulations, and 2) many long-standing gun laws and regulations will fall in the coming days/months/years.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The polling on this is crystal clear: 2/3 to 3/4 of Americans want more gun control action.  And, AT THE SAME TIME, 3/4 of Americans oppose a full ban on firearms (the questions I've seen were directed at handgun ownership mostly). 

Edited - I can’t read so good

Also, and you know this too, polls say a lot of things.  Then the proposals come out and people say, fuckthattechgirl.gif.    It’s because the polls are made so folks like you can say look, 90% of America YEARNS for stricter gun laws!!!1!    

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes. Never. Except maybe below, where you are talking about events that have YET TO HAPPEN, Nostradamus. 

But, but, but just upthread I was assured no one wants 0 guns.  Which is it, I’m now confused.   Also, and you know this too, polls say a lot of things.  Then the proposals come out and people say, fuckthattechgirl.gif.    It’s because the polls are made so folks like you can say look, 90% of America YEARNS for stricter gun laws!!!1!    

What.  The Fuck.  Are you talking about?  The polls are rigged to provide cover for a super-secret "BAN ALL GUNZ" agenda?  I was looking at a fucking Gallup poll, which has the fucking questions posed written right there.  And I also know human fucking beings -- people like my wife and daughter, and plenty of others -- who fall in that group.  Oh, and it's not 90%.  From what I see, it ranges from the 70s to 80s percentages.  Which echoes what you can fucking hear if you engage with people who aren't at the shooting range every day.  And I never said that "no one wants zero guns."  Of course there are people who want to ban all guns.  They are a really small percentage of the population.  But guess what?  That percentage is growing, and it's not because we have MORE gun regulations.  It's because we simultaneously have FEWER regulations AND more mass shootings.

And as to Bruen, no, I'm not talking about events that are yet to happen.  I'm actually referring to a cascade of events that has already started -- it started as soon as the ink on Bruen was dry:

See the 5th Circuit's decision in Rahimi, expressly citing Bruen as the reason it had to void the domestic violence law I mentioned: https://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/21/21-11001-CR2.pdf

See McCraw, a Texas federal case striking down the age limit of 21 yrs to openly carry a handgun in Texas: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.txnd.355835/gov.uscourts.txnd.355835.74.0_3.pdf

Here's Quiroz, a case striking down the law that forbade someone under indictment from buying a gun, citing Bruenhttps://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23168455/govuscourtstxwd1165328820.pdf

Those are just the three recent TEXAS cases that I know of.  There have been other cases in NY and W. Virginia striking down other gun regulations based on Bruen, and again, those are just the ones I know of.  Bruen is literally just a few months old.  Don't tell me I'm talking about shit that hasn't happened -- monitoring shit like this is my actual job.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I was looking at a fucking Gallup poll, which has the fucking questions posed written right there.  And I also know human fucking beings -- people like my wife and daughter, and plenty of others -- who fall in that group.

You know who registers as someone who wants more regulations in those polls? Me.  A simple safe storage question or “should someone own an RPG” and boom, 80% of America wants reform!!!  Yet, it never happens.  Curious why? 

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But I am damned well saying that post-Bruen, which is the 2nd Amendment Absolutists' wet-dream become real,  1) there aren't going to be any meaningful new gun regulations, and 2) many long-standing gun laws and regulations will fall in the coming days/months/years.

1) future

2) future

You apparently had examples of recent cases, I don’t know why you decided to list a bunch of shit that is written in a forward tense. I can only quote what you provided. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

allow reasonable gun CONTROL measures

This is is more gaslighting.  These "measures"  break down when the details emerge.  When people casually throw around universal background checks and then learn the only way to enforce them is with a national gun registration.

"no law will stop ALL of X," which is used to support the argument of "therefore, no such laws." 

Strawman bullshit.  

Very lethal weapons with a high rate of fire are functionally as easy to obtain as a Grande Frappe Latte with Extra Whip (gun shops probably have a shorter drive-thru line).  

High rates of fire?  You pull the trigger once and they fire once, like any other semi-auto design that has been around since the 1890's.  You used to be able to buy semi-auto rifles in catalogues.  More gaslighting.  After WWII and Korea, the markets were flooded with surplus Garands and M1 carbines.  

Edited by BabaYaga
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Just now, fattyflattie said:

You know who registers as someone who wants more regulations in those polls? Me.  A simple safe storage question or “should someone own an RPG” and boom, 80% of America wants reform!!!  Yet, it never happens.  Curious why? 

1) future

2) future

You apparently had examples of recent cases, I don’t know why you decided to list a bunch of shit that is written in a forward tense. I can only quote what you provided. 

Jesus tapdancing motherfucking Christ.  I posted about 1) something that is actually happening, and continuing to happen, in real time (voiding various gun laws), and then 2) I took the common-sense position that what is happening, right now, in real-time, will continue to happen going forward.  You think I'm wrong?  How about this, I'll bet you $1,000 that another court in the US voids an existing gun regulation, citing Bruen as the reason for doing so, within the next 90 days.  Since you think I'm off my rocker to predict such future things, you should sign up for the easy money, right?

And yeah, I know EXACTLY why no gun laws like safe storage will pass.  It's really complicated: a single, maniacal political party, beholden to a fringe, absolutist movement, stands in the way of every single attempt to do so.  Of course, even if they weren't, it wouldn't matter -- when the absolutists got the SCOTUS to hand them their lifelong fantasy in Bruen, no new regulations will survive judicial scrutiny.  That's literally what Bruen says -- in short form, no regulation that didn't exist in 1790 can pass constitutional muster.

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This is is more gaslighting.  These "measures"  break down when the details emerge.  When people casually throw around universal background checks and then learn the only way to enforce them is with a national gun registration.

Strawman bullshit.  

High rates of fire?  You pull the trigger once and they fire once, like any other semi-auto design that has been around since the 1890's.  You used to be able to buy semi-auto rifles in catalogues.  More gaslighting.  After WWII and Korea, the markets were flooded with surplus Garands and M1 carbines.  

Not with .223 rounds and 30 round mags.  I can put 30 rounds in my target in mere seconds (yeah, I've cooked through a magazine before), as opposed to 5 or 10.  30 is a much bigger number, in case you didn't know.  That equals more dead people, faster.

But by all means, keep going.  You are capably demonstrating why there will continue to be zero compromise.  The absolutists (defined as "people who will never, ever let any gun regulations actually happen") are an uncompromising group.  Nothing will ever happen, because people like you will never let it happen.  You will always go to the "slipper slope," and stop anything from going forward.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

(voiding various gun laws)

Tapdancing Christ, the day after Easter - let's back up.  On another thread my point was layering on new laws on top of current laws we have that we can't enforce today, your response was then we need to take a hard look at the current laws on the books and see what we need to get rid of.  Is this no longer your stance?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Not with .223 rounds and 30 round mags.  I can put 30 rounds in my target in mere seconds (yeah, I've cooked through a magazine before), as opposed to 5 or 10.  30 is a much bigger number, in case you didn't know.  That equals more dead people, faster.

You can't cook through 30rds of .223 with an AR any faster than you can cook through 30 rounds of .30 carbine, or .223 out of a Mini-14.  You also can't hit shit with you hammering on the trigger that fast.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Tapdancing Christ, the day after Easter - let's back up.  On another thread my point was layering on new laws on top of current laws we have that we can't enforce today, your response was then we need to take a hard look at the current laws on the books and see what we need to get rid of.  Is this no longer your stance?

I'm always in support of re-examining any law to see if it's effective, etc.  Then, change, add to, or repeal as necessary.  Which is not anywhere close to where we are in the post-Bruen world -- the gate only goes one way.  Not just no new regs, but void any reg that is not the equivalent of something that was in place in 1790.  Read the opinion.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And yeah, I know EXACTLY why no gun laws like safe storage will pass.  It's really complicated: a single, maniacal political party, beholden to a fringe, absolutist movement, stands in the way of every single attempt to do so.  Of course, even if they weren't, it wouldn't matter -- when the absolutists got the SCOTUS to hand them their lifelong fantasy in Bruen, no new regulations will survive judicial scrutiny.  That's literally what Bruen says -- in short form, no regulation that didn't exist in 1790 can pass constitutional muster.

The same maniacal party you supposed supported for decades?  When we didn’t(?) have gun violence?   Idgaf about your scapegoat of the GQP, but there’s ways to get laws to pass.  A bipartisan bill passed recently in fact. But you knew that, and never discuss it, because attorney with a cause. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think his concern may lay more with the judicial override of some of these legislative, bipartisan laws passed.  

There is monetary value to be had in circumventing the holes in our system.  We figured out how to convince people that owning more and more guns means you're more and more pro-2A.  And if you're pro-2A, that means you're more and more patriotic.  And if you're more patriotic, you're a better person inside and out.  I am going to open carry from now on because it makes me a more complete person, more of a man of faith, and more of an American goddamit! 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

So where was the private citizen armed with open carry to drop this mass murderer?

(checks notes about guns at banks)...oh right, right.  Gun Free Zones are bullshit and just encourage more murder.

(checks notes again, armed guards)...oh right, right.  It's a bank.

Sometimes I think 'cooling off' periods is a good idea, like you have to wait for your weapons purchase for a week or a month after getting shitcanned.  

Then other times, it seems like the anger just festers and their plans on death and destruction get more and more severe, with more and more precise planning and training on the weapon.  

I can see both sides of the gun suicide discussion.  Like googling to how to tie a noose and then tying it and getting inside of it takes a lot of planning and gives a person time to reassess and in most cases, back out of it.  But just hurrying to the gun case in a depressed, drunken stupor and eating a bullet takes less than 30 seconds.  All gun cases/boxes/safes should have breathalyzers attached.  

What happens if my home is invaded while I’m finishing my second bottle of Bordeaux?

• Haha 1

I can point you to an Academy where you can pick up an AR, with magazine and plenty of ammo, before this lunch hour is over.  That's the kind of gun regulation that matters.  The kind that allows functionally everyone to acquire a weapon designed to throw a shitload of lead, at a high rate of fire, downrange.  Easy peasy.  Truly, I don't exaggerate, I've seen some Starbucks drive-thru lines that would likely take longer to conduct a full transaction than the Academy sale I just mentioned.
I haven't said there are NO laws or restrictions on firearms.  But I am damned well saying that post-Bruen, which is the 2nd Amendment Absolutists' wet-dream become real,  1) there aren't going to be any meaningful new gun regulations, and 2) many long-standing gun laws and regulations will fall in the coming days/months/years.  We are only going to go BACKWARDS on gun regulation. 
How do you think the majority of the voting public is going to take that?
How wise do you think a plan to shove the majority's nose in the pile of shit the absolutists are serving will turn out to be, long-term?
This ends badly for us.  For you and me.  You know it.  Yet you won't budge in your support of the absolutists.  That's insane to me.

Academy no longer sells AR’s. Haven’t for a while.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

Academy no longer sells AR’s. Haven’t for a while.

Fucking traitors to our nation is what they are.  BOYCOTT! 

Actually, I did know that.  But I don't know the backstory, can you share if you know?  Cursory google search of who the largest retailer in Texas proves rather confusing.  But it did hit a site called texasgunexperience.com      And the landing page is three women holding wine/cocktails.  While I'd like to party with them, certainly seemed like a strange image to have on your gun sale site.  But yeah, looks like most people just order online from Daniel in Georgia and have shipped to the closest mom 'n pop shop in Texas.  Makes sense.

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

You pull the trigger once and they fire once, like any other semi-auto design that has been around since the 1890's.

Ironically, the 1885 Mannlicher came after the fully automatic Maxim.   And if you really want to stretch it, back to the 1720’s for the Puckle (though more of a revolver, although 300% the firing rate of any other flintlock at time) 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Ironically, the 1885 Mannlicher came after the fully automatic Maxim.   And if you really want to stretch it, back to the 1720’s for the Puckle (though more of a revolver, although 300% the firing rate of any other flintlock at time) 

Assault Puckle...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Fucking traitors to our nation is what they are.  BOYCOTT! 

Actually, I did know that.  But I don't know the backstory, can you share if you know?  Cursory google search of who the largest retailer in Texas proves rather confusing.  But it did hit a site called texasgunexperience.com      And the landing page is three women holding wine/cocktails.  While I'd like to party with them, certainly seemed like a strange image to have on your gun sale site.  But yeah, looks like most people just order online from Daniel in Georgia and have shipped to the closest mom 'n pop shop in Texas.  Makes sense.

This is not going to sound the way I want it to because I don’t buy guns from academy, but academy quit selling good fishing stuff years ago. I saw a couple years ago on txaggy the main buyer from academy got on the board and introduced himself (Bubbafuck class of ‘14 or some such) and he got absolutely roasted for their poor choices in pretty much every dept.  That was mostly fishing related, but he took a beating.  And their fishing dept has been outright laughable for at least 10 years.  I’d hazard to guess their gun dept is similar. 

Yeah, I have noticed their fishing selection has gotten more "low-grade" in the last few years.  I was also bummed to see that McBride's got out of the fishing business recently as well (or at least, recently to me).  I don't feel like dealing with a drive, and crowds, and bullshit enough to hit up Bass Pro Shop on IH-35.  Or is it a Cabela's?  I don't know 'cause I don't care.  I've accumulated enough gear to last me three lifetimes, but I need some basic saltwater shit from time to time and it's a pain in the ass here in Austin now.  Been thinking about trying out Frank's up north.  I don't like to shop at the coast, takes too much time and the kids get antsy.  

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I don't like to shop at the coast, takes too much time and the kids get antsy. 

It's a pain, but there are some absolute treasures that still hold really good stuff.  If you have to come to the hellhole that is Houston, at least hit one of the few bright spots in FTU.   And if you ever go thru the sprawling metropolis of Eagle Lake, hit Johnny's.  Rockport for Tackletown.  POC you can hit Rod and Gun (great tiny store) or Jeco's.  Angler Anonymous in Katy is legit af.   

Academy shouldn't even be mentioned alongside any of these.    

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

This is not going to sound the way I want it to because I don’t buy guns from academy, but academy quit selling good fishing stuff years ago. I saw a couple years ago on txaggy the main buyer from academy got on the board and introduced himself (Bubbafuck class of ‘14 or some such) and he got absolutely roasted for their poor choices in pretty much every dept.  That was mostly fishing related, but he took a beating.  And their fishing dept has been outright laughable for at least 10 years.  I’d hazard to guess their gun dept is similar. 

Their selection is cheap, but worse, the mouth-breathers working the counters know next to nothing.  I'll be browsing and eavesdrop on their guys "educating" buyers on options, etc.   It was especially bad during covid when sales spiked.  

• Like 1

I like that they have a "magazine capacity" search filter, but all the firearms are photographed without a magazine in them.  

Reminds me of how you can show hot women, drunk dogs, and people skydiving in a beer commercial.  You just can't show anybody physically drinking the beer.  

We are a weird fucking country.  

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That's a good price on the Ruger PC Carbine takedown, I may have to order that. 

Fun little ranch rifle or HD option.  I had a beretta Cx4 for a while.  It was "ok".  Pistol rounds perform better out of the longer barrel, but they are not good past 100yds.  On the plus side, they are easy to shoot and the recoil is negligible, so younger or smaller-framed shooters really like learning on them.  Same basic rifle Ruger turned out almost 30 yrs ago.  Swapped out wood for polymer and gave it a "cool" barrel shroud.  Always wished they'd have made their little .44mag carbine in a semi option.  

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Fun little ranch rifle or HD option.  I had a beretta Cx4 for a while.  It was "ok".  Pistol rounds perform better out of the longer barrel, but they are not good past 100yds.  On the plus side, they are easy to shoot and the recoil is negligible, so younger or smaller-framed shooters really like learning on them.  Same basic rifle Ruger turned out almost 30 yrs ago.  Swapped out wood for polymer and gave it a "cool" barrel shroud.  Always wished they'd have made their little .44mag carbine in a semi option.  

What I didn’t realize until recently  was that it ships with a Glock mag well, so a nice pair with my 19. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

What I didn’t realize until recently  was that it ships with a Glock mag well, so a nice pair with my 19. 

Yep.  That's the point.  They're indestructible as well.  Little tanks.  Throw it in the truck and forget about it.  Little red dot or aimpoint, you're good to go