1. 1. ?

• Yes, whenever possible
    • No, I'll take my chances if something happens
    • Got guns at home, don't carry outside of home
    • No, but not against it. Come to think of it, I should get a gun
    • No I don't
    • Yes I do, but concealed
    • Yes, and you will see what I'm packing chief

I carry when I'm travelling with my family, or camping. I don't carry day to day and I usually don't when I'm traveling alone. I always figured I can most likely get myself out of trouble but I'm not as confident I can get myself and my kids out of harms way if we wandered into something bad. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Kind of loaded options there.  "No, I'll take my chances if something happens?"  Way to present the option as you're taking some moderate chance of something bad happening because you don't have a firearm with you.

Going by that type of logic, I should put a roll cage in the car because otherwise "I'll take my chances if something happens."

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Kind of loaded options there.  "No, I'll take my chances if something happens?"  Way to present the option as you're taking some moderate chance of something bad happening because you don't have a firearm with you.

Going by that type of logic, I should put a roll cage in the car because otherwise "I'll take my chances if something happens."

I didn’t vote because the options are fucking dumb. 

I would have voted had there been an option for:

No

No, I don’t own guns

No, I don’t have a micro penis

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I didn’t vote because the options are fucking dumb. 

I would have voted had there been an option for:

No

No, I don’t own guns

No, I don’t have a micro penis

Agree on the options.  Are of them are slanted one way.

I get not wanting to CR it up, but there's no need to go out of your way to pacify one side, i.e. "No, but not against it."

Just stick to yes/no or purely situational.

Yes.  All the time.

Yes, but not all the time.

No, but have one/more in the house/car.

No.

That's it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I have them. I do not carry them outside the home.  And I go to some pretty dicey places.  My work doesn’t really entail a lot of shootouts.  I also try and live in a nice neighborhood patrolled by three overlapping police departments.  

I don’t worry about people trying to kill me even though I’ve had my life threatened by people who know how.  I worry almost daily about my kids at school though, given the number of active shooter warnings we have gotten over the years (thankfully all were false alarms though legitimately worrisome in their initial reporting).  

of course there’s the chance some random guy could take you out at the mall or church; but In they are instance, I’m not playing hero—-I’m getting the kids to safety and letting a cosplay tough guy battle it out with the shooter. He wants the role more than me anyway. 

the people I worry about harming me or my family aren’t going to be dissuaded by me carrying.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I have them. I do not carry them outside the home.  And I go to some pretty dicey places.  My work doesn’t really entail a lot of shootouts.  I also try and live in a nice neighborhood patrolled by three overlapping police departments.  

I don’t worry about people trying to kill me even though I’ve had my life threatened by people who know how.  I worry almost daily about my kids at school though, given the number of active shooter warnings we have gotten over the years (thankfully all were false alarms though legitimately worrisome in their initial reporting).  

of course there’s the chance some random guy could take you out at the mall or church; but In they are instance, I’m not playing hero—-I’m getting the kids to safety and letting a cosplay tough guy battle it out with the shooter. He wants the role more than me anyway. 

the people I worry about harming me or my family aren’t going to be dissuaded by me carrying.  

Stupid Laugh GIFs | Tenor

I almost never carry mine anywhere.

It is accessible in the bedroom in case I hear weird shit outside my door in the middle of the night, which has come up twice in the last six years.

I will bring it along if I am going camping,, but don't actually carry it on my person, just leave it in the tent/cabin.

Carried it once when a buddy and I were going to do a craigslist sale and the buyer asked a couple of peculiar questions, but it ended up being for naught.

Keep a couple in my console safe in my truck center console (one for defense and one Taurus judge for shooting copperheads).  Plenty in my house in two different safes, but most are hunting rifles and shotguns. I do keep an AR Pistol in my safe I can access quickly with a mag loaded in case someone were to break in.

I walk really early in the mornings and late at night before I go to bed with with my dog (and she will not hurt a flea).  I carry a small .380 that carries 5 rounds and weighs nothing.  I do not chamber a round.  But I like having it because even though I live in a nice area, it's still urban Houston and there are occasionally some homeless drugged out zombies around. I'd rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I otherwise never carry in Houston.

If I lived in the suburbs, I would never carry when I walk or jog.  

I carry 100% of the time at our ranch in South Texas and keep an AR or Mini 14 very close.  You would too if your game cameras showed as many illegals in large groups as ours does. I don't want to engage illegals because they are often in large groups. But if they walk up on me, I certainly do not want to be unarmed.  This is not the 80s of my youth when you would often see 3-4 walking down the utility right of way trying to head north, give them a jug of water, some snacks, and a ride to the gate.  

So for me, it just depends what I am doing.  .

Edited by Frank Drebin
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Sure. Every day. But mine is filled with Holy Water. Best damn water gun you can buy. Can never be to careful with all the vampires and fucking crazies out there. 

Also this is the best water gun. Period. 

B4E84AED-CFE3-4EC0-B756-A4A36B50B37C.jpeg

Sweetheart, you can squirt me anytime.

(as long as Mrs. Brat isn’t nearby)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Not everybody on Surly is 2% and lives in a nice neighborhood, can afford Amazon Prime, and can visit a nice HEB.  Some people are poor and live in dicey areas and have to shop at Walmart in person and use a fucking Randall's, or *shudder* Krogers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keep a pistol in my bedside table in case of a break in at night. Don't wanna be fumbling with the gun safe in an emergency.  Put it up whenever maid comes or children will be at my house. Other guns stay locked up until needed for skeet shoots/hunting trips.

I only take the pistol with me in my truck on rare occasions (driving through the hood to the dump, popping into the corner store after dark). Never every carry on my person. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Only when I'm actively hunting.  Been around guns most of my life.  Believe whole heartedly that people who fixate on the potential of having to use stuff like this are more likely to find themselves in that situation.

Doesn't bother me if I'm around other people carrying that know what they're doing.

Not a fan of open carry.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

I open carry. Lever action 30-30 in Walmart or Nordstroms. Two six shooters in holsters while in church bc there’s no where to put a long rifle since we got rid of the pews. I mounted a 50 cal on my jeep to take the kids to school in case of a school shooter. 

Game days in Austin I bring a shotgun to the tailgate and hide it behind the Ricky Williams statue prior to going into DKR since they installed the metal detectors.

Good lawd, ok, who carries at DKR? Other than Ewers and Arch. 

Inherited my firearms. Never really associated them with me killing humans, until my wife called and told me a motorist had been harassing them for many miles, and was now following her into the neighborhood. When she pulled into the driveway, I was standing at the curb with a shotgun. But the guy did not turn on our street. Should have mentioned both the kids were with her.

OTOH, when there was a pounding at more door at 1AM, and, after getting out of bed, I left the bedroom without even thinking of arming myself. To find  a stranger in my open doorway. I had not seen the guy’s wife standing against the back wall of the foyer. Neighbors had brought their hot mess of a domestic dispute through my unlocked door. Must have been the boxers I was wearing, because I hustled husband outside with only moderate need of force. Wife and daughter tended the other wife until the cops showed.

We now lock that door as a habit. 

• Drool 1