• No, I'll take my chances if something happens
    • Got guns at home, don't carry outside of home
    • No, but not against it. Come to think of it, I should get a gun
    • No I don't
    • Yes I do, but concealed
    • Yes, and you will see what I'm packing chief

2 hours ago, gurt said:

Sometimes I feel like there are only about 5-10 topics discussed on this forum

The good news is that I think immamac lifted the policy that you are required to open every single thread and post on it.

So if you come across something now that seems like it doesn't interest you or is repetitive, you can simply not click it and move on with your life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

well chief what's the story here?

i don't like open carry, i think it causes more alarm than necessary which doesn't justify its benefits over concealed carry.  also my wife had a bad encounter with an off-duty sheriff's deputy (pre open-carry) at her school which didn't do anything to endear us to off-duty officers.  i've only conceal carried a handful of times even with my CHL back in the day:  when i went to the bank with an obscene amount of cash, going to buy gold from the coin shop, and a couple craigslist transactions. 

Kind of a long story:

Normal small town thugs, apparently. Everyone in Throckmorton was scared of them. They had gotten off work and stopped at the beer store at the Stephens/Throckmorton county line. Didn't have enough money for the amount of beer they wanted to buy. Tried to get me to pull over to rob me on the side of the road. Had my eight year old in the truck. I was meeting uncles in town to eat. Both were already CCL holders. Tried to call them multiple times but no signal. I arrived about 15 minutes before they did. Throckmorton has no LEOs. Had the truck in reverse and the turbo spoiled when they slid in behind me in the parking lot, so I parked it on top of their Olds Aurora. I opened the driver door and backed into the A-pillar to keep them from getting behind me. They attacked me with full beer bottles, I had one of the new boxcutter pocketknives that had just come out. It had a fresh blade. They started swinging and I went to town on them, cutting biceps, kidneys, hands, legs, and feet. It took them a little while to figure out what was happening to them. The hospital was across the street, so they all ran over there to the emergency room. 

The streets were so bloody they had to wash it down with a firetruck. They ran out of sutures after about 1000 stitches on these fools, and was trying to get them careflighted out, but we hunted with a careflight commander, and he had all flights coming to Throckmorton grounded. These fuckers had called their family, so about another 10-15 of them was about to show up. Thats when the first LEO, a game warden, showed up about 18 minutes after the fight started. He cuffed me and threw me in his truck and guarded it with his AR-15 drawn on them. The next closest LEO was nearly an hour away.

I got a scolding that night from both the game warden and state trooper. This was something that occurred on desolate rural highways a couple of times a year, and that only idiots aren't carrying on these roads. Said if I would have been armed I could have done the town a great service. I only had a cut on my scalp from a beer bottle, got cleaned up and went hunting the next morning. The thugs got assault with a deadly weapon, child endangerment charges, scars, and some pretty permanent damage.

After that, one uncle gave me his 1911 to carry until I bought a P365 a couple of years ago. So even after that, I don't have a CCL, and only have gotten serious about having one in the truck now that I'm too old to participate in such shenanigans.

I still regret that night, those thugs were someone's son, father, brother, and husband. You can't count on the dregs of society to feel the same way. That is what is puzzling to me when I see people advocating that no-one be armed at all, that you can just "reason" your way out of the situation. The perps objective is to not spend time in prison. The easiest way to do it, is to leave no witnesses. Those that live in their little affluent neighborhoods with overlapping LEO departments,  are ignorant, and oblivious to what true desolation, and no LEO presence can mean once you get 100+ miles away from the city. I will say that CCL and open carry have not been the biggest preventative obstacles to crime, but the iPhone camera, and more cell towers

I told CHIEF Jr. before the fight started that Dad probably wasn't going to live through this, and to take care of his Mom. But, when fists, bottles, and knives started flying it was like everything was in slow motion. Then, that glimmer of hope, and the realization that you are gonna live through this takes place.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

The good news is that I think immamac lifted the policy that you are required to open every single thread and post on it.

So if you come across something now that seems like it doesn't interest you or is repetitive, you can simply not click it and move on with your life.

Does this mean I don't have to read the "truck nuts" thread?

32 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

My favorite responsible gun owner stories are the ones where two dads end up in a shootout with their kids in the car because one cut the other off in traffic.

Some version of that happened about a mile from my house, at the TC Jester Bridge over White Oak Bayou. Pure road rage shootout. No kids, thankfully. But in a relatively decent neighborhood, where the speed limit was like 35 or 40 mph.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/tc-jester-road-rage-shooting/285-11e9e43d-f1fc-4995-9efd-180491e300e8

Edited by SydneyCarton

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This blows my mind, especially as I know you're a Houston guy. Outside of the fact I have two open-carry folks in my goddamn office, I see open carry fairly regularly. HEB on Shepherd usually every other time I visit I see a pistol, the target by my office on Sawyer. I mean I just see them frequently. 

Thats somewhat surprising as HEB has been pretty open about their desire to not permit open carry within their stores. 

H-E-B, Whole Foods, Safeway, Trader Joe's, Costco, Fiesta Mart and Sprouts Farmers Markets are among the retailers opting out of Texas's controversial "open carry" gun law, which went into effect on Jan. 1 and which allows licensed firearm holders to openly carry handguns.

The aforementioned retailers – which are either posting signage stating open carry is not permitted or have stated that open carry is not welcome in their establishments – said they will abide by their longstanding policy to permit concealed weapons inside their stores.

In a statement, San Antonio-based H-E-B, which has more than 350 stores throughout Texas and northern Mexico and is a major purveyor of alcoholic beverages, said its decision complies with the Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission. “As a retailer of alcohol, long guns and unlicensed guns are prohibited on our property under the Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission rules. H-E-B maintains the same policy we have for years: only concealed licensed handguns are allowed on our property.”

Open carry is a fucking joke in a country where we have a new mass shooting seemingly every day. Its probably presumptuous to assume every short-dicked fucktard openly carrying his external penis on  public property is up to no good, but how do know? And why should the average joe out running errands even be forced to make that determination. Open carrying on a ranch makes sense. Open carrying in an auto-parts store just tells me you're a fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Kind of a long story:

Normal small town thugs, apparently. Everyone in Throckmorton was scared of them. They had gotten off work and stopped at the beer store at the Stephens/Throckmorton county line. Didn't have enough money for the amount of beer they wanted to buy. Tried to get me to pull over to rob me on the side of the road. Had my eight year old in the truck. I was meeting uncles in town to eat. Both were already CCL holders. Tried to call them multiple times but no signal. I arrived about 15 minutes before they did. Throckmorton has no LEOs. Had the truck in reverse and the turbo spoiled when they slid in behind me in the parking lot, so I parked it on top of their Olds Aurora. I opened the driver door and backed into the A-pillar to keep them from getting behind me. They attacked me with full beer bottles, I had one of the new boxcutter pocketknives that had just come out. It had a fresh blade. They started swinging and I went to town on them, cutting biceps, kidneys, hands, legs, and feet. It took them a little while to figure out what was happening to them. The hospital was across the street, so they all ran over there to the emergency room. 

The streets were so bloody they had to wash it down with a firetruck. They ran out of sutures after about 1000 stitches on these fools, and was trying to get them careflighted out, but we hunted with a careflight commander, and he had all flights coming to Throckmorton grounded. These fuckers had called their family, so about another 10-15 of them was about to show up. Thats when the first LEO, a game warden, showed up about 18 minutes after the fight started. He cuffed me and threw me in his truck and guarded it with his AR-15 drawn on them. The next closest LEO was nearly an hour away.

I got a scolding that night from both the game warden and state trooper. This was something that occurred on desolate rural highways a couple of times a year, and that only idiots aren't carrying on these roads. Said if I would have been armed I could have done the town a great service. I only had a cut on my scalp from a beer bottle, got cleaned up and went hunting the next morning. The thugs got assault with a deadly weapon, child endangerment charges, scars, and some pretty permanent damage.

After that, one uncle gave me his 1911 to carry until I bought a P365 a couple of years ago. So even after that, I don't have a CCL, and only have gotten serious about having one in the truck now that I'm too old to participate in such shenanigans.

I still regret that night, those thugs were someone's son, father, brother, and husband. You can't count on the dregs of society to feel the same way. That is what is puzzling to me when I see people advocating that no-one be armed at all, that you can just "reason" your way out of the situation. The perps objective is to not spend time in prison. The easiest way to do it, is to leave no witnesses. Those that live in their little affluent neighborhoods with overlapping LEO departments,  are ignorant, and oblivious to what true desolation, and no LEO presence can mean once you get 100+ miles away from the city. I will say that CCL and open carry have not been the biggest preventative obstacles to crime, but the iPhone camera, and more cell towers

I told CHIEF Jr. before the fight started that Dad probably wasn't going to live through this, and to take care of his Mom. But, when fists, bottles, and knives started flying it was like everything was in slow motion. Then, that glimmer of hope, and the realization that you are gonna live through this takes place.

CHIEF

That's the kind of Conan shit that I expect to happen down around Cross Plains.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Thats somewhat surprising as HEB has been pretty open about their desire to not permit open carry within their stores. 

Open carry is a fucking joke in a country where we have a new mass shooting seemingly every day. Its probably presumptuous to assume every short-dicked fucktard openly carrying his external penis on  public property is up to no good, but how do know? And why should the average joe out running errands even be forced to make that determination. Open carrying on a ranch makes sense. Open carrying in an auto-parts store just tells me you're a fucking idiot.

I've seen it enough to make an impression on me, but I get why some folks here are surprised by it. The counterpoint is that take the small subset of open carry people out there, and of those there are going to a smaller subset who will open carry on places just to be openly defiant because they think it's their right, and private businesses shouldn't be able to tell them what to do with their freedoms. No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service be damned. 

Some version of that happened about a mile from my house, at the TC Jester Bridge over White Oak Bayou. Pure road rage shootout. No kids, thankfully. But in a relatively decent neighborhood, where the speed limit was like 35 or 40 mph.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/tc-jester-road-rage-shooting/285-11e9e43d-f1fc-4995-9efd-180491e300e8
I've lived long enough for that area to be considered decent.
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

That's the kind of Conan shit that I expect to happen down around Cross Plains.

What's crazy, is this isn't the first time something like that has happened in my family. Back in the early 80's, we had some wells in Brown county. After a completion, one day, my old man was coming home, and had a flat between Zypher and Priddy. An old truck pulls up behind him, he thinks the two guys are coming to help, or talk. He overhears one of them say, "I'll square off and then you take his wallet." Dad waited till he got close and hit him as hard as he could, in the nuts, with a tire iron before a word was even said. He said he doesn't remember anything else until he was at a traffic light in Hamilton. BUT, he still had his wallet. 

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This blows my mind, especially as I know you're a Houston guy. Outside of the fact I have two open-carry folks in my goddamn office, I see open carry fairly regularly. HEB on Shepherd usually every other time I visit I see a pistol, the target by my office on Sawyer. I mean I just see them frequently. 

I've seen it maybe 2-3 times on people I don't know.  *My leasemates leave it on from the time they arrive at ranch until they are heading back home. Dumb to me, but other than that, they dont open carry.  Still dumb af to me. 

4 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Since Open Carry was permitted in 2016, I have seen someone open carrying a grand total of four times. One rifle over the back, two holstered pistols, one pistol in the waistband.

I've never seen a long arm open carried in person. Not once. 

4 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

I cannot recall the last time I saw open carry in Houston.  I have seen it in Freer and Pearsall during hunting season.

Nearly 100% of my experience as well.

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

What the fuck? What kind of office? I have been in O&G (engineering and operator side) for the past 16 years and all the companies I have worked for have strict no guns in the office policies.

Same.  We know a mutual co-worker and he can attest.  Our group was split in two, but the other guys had more than one guy what would not have his gun, but still have his IWB holster on all day.  He would wear that somewhat uncomfortable piece of shit all day to project.  

22 hours ago, closetohumping said:

At all times, or wherever possible?  No judgement, just curious. Don't want to CR this up.   Most of my Texas friends do indeed. 

@immamac  This may not be the appropriate forum.  Can you move it to.........to.......hobbies?

Didn't love any of the options but voted no- not against it- come to think of it I should get a gun.  I'm not against it so I voted that way. I like the fact that teachers at my kids school are armed. I like the fact that so many of you are armed on your person and in your car it makes someone think twice. I just don't think the world is that dangerous a place (at least the part of it that I inhabit), and my calculus is I'm more likely to do damage to myself or others accidentally with a gun than I am to thwart or prevent something bad happening to me or a loved one with a gun on my person or ready at hand in my house.  So, because of that it doesn't make logical sense to me for me to carry, but if you are a responsible person and the math works out differently in your mind for yourself go ahead and carry.

We have 2 guns, both because my wife wanted them for protection in the house. We locked them in a gun safe and lost the key, and I've never bothered to get the safe open b/c I really don't like the idea of having guns at my house with 3 kids that live with me.  So, I personally own no guns.  Functionally, my family has no access to guns. 

8 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
45 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I've lived long enough for that area to be considered decent.

Yeah, crazy world. I've lived in this area now for almost 20 years. 15 years ago there were daily break-ins with some consistent sprees that lasted a few months, while the area started gentrifying. 5 or so years ago, there was a fatal murder at a bar a couple blocks from my old townhome, Macyntires <sp>. And now they're building million dollar homes here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, crazy world. I've lived in this area now for almost 20 years. 15 years ago there were daily break-ins with some consistent sprees that lasted a few months, while the area started gentrifying. 5 or so years ago, there was a fatal murder at a bar a couple blocks from my old townhome, Macyntires <sp>. And now they're building million dollar homes here. 

Less than 20 years ago there were crack houses in the Washington corridor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Every last person on this forum would quickly opt for the extra 5% chance of survival when faced with their imminent death. Ardent 2A, gun control, religious or not wouldn’t matter. The hind brain will take over and everyone will choose anything that extends life. 

Not sure what that means.  However I bet every parent of a child, killed by a gun, would opt for stronger gun control measures if that would have given their child a 5% improved chance of survival too.

• Hook 'Em 5

19 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I honestly don't give a crap if everyone is carrying with a valid, earned CHL. But does ANYONE actually think people should be open carrying? I don't think I've heard support from any poster on this site (though, they could just be scared to out themselves). Who are these people, and why are we catering to what's probably 1% of the country that finds it necessary to open carry?

As far as the poll: I used to own a couple of guns, but it became difficult to devote enough time to shooting/cleaning/maintaining. And I don't want to be the moron keeping unmaintained firearms around my family, even in a safe. Never thought of them as protection, only sport.

My only argument for the existence of open carry as legal is the dipshit cops who write up tickets for CHL holders b/c the caught a glimpse of a gun when their shirt rode up or some other chicken shit stupidity like that- or just flat out said "I saw the weapon" when no such thing existed.  If open carry gets rid of that bullshit or makes it so a cop doesn't make a judgment call about that I'm ok with that I guess, but the LARPers carrying around long guns slung over their back in the suburbs or the dipshits with the holster on outside their belt scream "look at me, look at me" idiocy rather than any actual usefulness or functionality.

I should note that the slight benefit I talked about to open carry in that one particular situation isn't nearly big enough that I would ever vote for open carry if given a chance. 
I've also seen open carry personally maybe 3 times in my whole life- so it's not something I get charged up about one way or another.  Open carry seems counterproductive to me though if you are carrying to make yourself safe. Seems like it would just make you a target if something went down. I'd prefer the bad guy not see me as armed if I was armed, though I will never be armed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

However I bet every parent of a child, killed by a gun, would opt for stronger gun control measures if that would have given their child a 5% improved chance of survival too.

Any parent that feels the agony of losing a child would want preventative measures on whatever caused their pain - from a kid getting into a pill bottle, fences around a pool,  or the little shit that rammed into the back on my son's car that was stopped at a red light because this chick was on her GD cell phone with enough force to hit the car behind him, driving it with enough force into the back of his.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not sure what that means.  However I bet every parent of a child, killed by a gun, would opt for stronger gun control measures if that would have given their child a 5% improved chance of survival too.

The quoted OP suggested that conceal carry guys with guns are only effective 5% of the time.  We’d all take that extra 5 % of margin when the chips are down and our life is on the line. 

I agree, parents would want that margin for their killed kids too. It’s not CHL people committing these atrocities so taking the guns away isn’t a direct correlation, those who carry often have them for their children too and one has to ask if fewer people would have died if one of the adults slain in Nashville had any means at all to protect themselves or their students. 

Unfortunately, it’s not a one to one transaction where if x then y, and we can quantify the possibilities definitively. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

6 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

The quoted OP suggested that conceal carry guys with guns are only effective 5% of the time.  We’d all take that extra 5 % of margin when the chips are down and our life is on the line. 

I agree, parents would want that margin for their killed kids too. It’s not CHL people committing these atrocities so taking the guns away isn’t a direct correlation, those who carry often have them for their children too and one has to ask if fewer people would have died if one of the adults slain in Nashville had any means at all to protect themselves or their students. 

Unfortunately, it’s not a one to one transaction where if x then y, and we can quantify the possibilities definitively. 

Why do you keep speaking for everyone when you suggest we would all want to carry a gun?

You don’t get to speak for me.

• Like 1

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Why do you keep speaking for everyone when you suggest we would all want to carry a gun?

You don’t get to speak for me.

You’re not following. 

It’s a life and death situation. Doesn’t matter if it’s gun play, house fire, auto accident, plane crash or whatever. 

In the heat of the moment every last one of us would agree to use the option that gives us a 5% better chance of surviving. Or protecting our loved ones. 

It’s easy to say that you wouldn’t because of strong beliefs on a subject, but that’s just not how it works.  

Just now, Bobby_Batronic said:

You’re not following. 

It’s a life and death situation. Doesn’t matter if it’s gun play, house fire, auto accident, plane crash or whatever. 

In the heat of the moment every last one of us would agree to use the option that gives us a 5% better chance of surviving. Or protecting our loved ones. 

It’s easy to say that you wouldn’t because of strong beliefs on a subject, but that’s just not how it works.  

That would make a ton of sense if life weren’t life and we could ignore every other possible outcome and make decisions based on hypotheticals in a vacuum.

Just now, Handcruser said:

Lots of hot takes in here. People scared of guns getting fired up, gun lovers talking about freedom, stats flying around.

If anyone wants so sell their guns because their wife is scared and she wears the pants I’m a buyer.

LOL, no shit.  Per usual, the conversation has devolved into pro/anti gun rants.  It's a matter of if you own a handgun, then do you carry or not?  Simple.  

• Haha 1

Lots of hot takes in here. People scared of guns getting fired up, gun lovers talking about freedom, stats flying around.

If anyone wants so sell their guns because their wife is scared and she wears the pants I’m a buyer.

I’m not scared of guns. I think hunters should hunt. Already mentioned elsewhere I don’t consider you a hunter if you go shoot a buck at a feeder. You are a shooter. But whatever. Or you have a ranch with a lot of hogs. Fuck those motherfuckers. But carrying, let alone open carrying guns to the pet store or your job. You are definitely scared.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That would make a ton of sense if life weren’t life and we could ignore every other possible outcome and make decisions based on hypotheticals in a vacuum.

You can control what you can control and can’t what you can’t. You’re happy rolling the dice one way. I prefer another. 

I have a doohickey in my car that will break a window or cut a seatbelt. I’ll probably never use it. It’s there for all the possibilities I can’t see coming. Not the ones I do. 

• Like 1

You can control what you can control and can’t what you can’t. You’re happy rolling the dice one way. I prefer another. 

I have a doohickey in my car that will break a window or cut a seatbelt. I’ll probably never use it. It’s there for all the possibilities I can’t see coming. Not the ones I do. 

Sounds like some of y’all would be happier just not leaving your house at all.

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I’m not scared of guns. I think hunters should hunt. Already mentioned elsewhere I don’t consider you a hunter if you go shoot a buck at a feeder. You are a shooter. But whatever. Or you have a ranch with a lot of hogs. Fuck those motherfuckers. But carrying, let alone open carrying guns to the pet store or your job. You are definitely scared.

Scared but also powerless. Handcruser’s shot about the wife wearing the pants is projection on his part. He feels powerless and weak. Carrying a gun makes him feel powerful and in control.

Because deep down, he knows he is weak and powerless.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Well, let’s keep debating it while people keep legally buying these things and mowing down little kids at school.

8 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

You seem/sound like a responsible gun seller.  Thank you for doing the right thing and avoiding black market temptation.    

I don't need to tell you how shit really moves around this country and into Mexico.  Almost a decade later working with the Mexico SRE; how much firearm product the U.S. pushes into Mexico and how much U.S. law enforcement is involved with it fucking blows my mind.  

It cracks me up that Texans think people smuggling guns one way and fentanyl the other way are guys names Juan in minivans with "IN TOW" written on the windows.  It's Texas government officials and law enforcement officers.  Most reliable couriers around.  They charge a lot, but their network and delivery logistics are second to none.  We get drugs, they get guns.  And business is a'boomin

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Scared but also powerless. Handcruser’s shot about the wife wearing the pants is projection on his part. He feels powerless and weak. Carrying a gun makes him feel powerful and in control.

Because deep down, he knows he is weak and powerless.

Actually, as he's said on this thread he sells guns as a profession. He's probably just looking for a good deal. 

Just now, YGIFS said:

You seem/sound like a responsible gun seller.  Thank you for doing the right thing and avoiding black market temptation.    

I don't need to tell you how shit really moves around this country and into Mexico.  Almost a decade later working with the Mexico SRE; how much firearm product the U.S. pushes into Mexico and how much U.S. law enforcement is involved with it fucking blows my mind.  

It cracks me up that Texans think people smuggling guns one way and fentanyl the other way are guys names Juan in minivans with "IN TOW" written on the windows.  It's Texas government officials and law enforcement officers.  Most reliable couriers around.  They charge a lot, but their network and delivery logistics are second to none.  We get drugs, they get guns.  And business is a'boomin

That’s what I’ve heard from a Border Patrol employee and also a DEA agent for years about the “business” all along the border & elsewhere. Pretty sad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

That’s what I’ve heard from a Border Patrol employee and also a DEA agent for years about the “business” all along the border & elsewhere. Pretty sad.

Yeah, it's quite sad.  We talk about gun violence in Mexico.  We even absorb that it's being delivered with U.S. manufactured firearms.  And then we just stop thinking.  There's not some 'Most Wanted' cartel lieutenant heading up to Sturm & Ruger in Connecticut to buy a trailer full of guns.  It's networked down with law enforcement protection to the border and then delivered across by Border Patrol or DPS who look like they're there on a "secure the border" mission.  And how does fentanyl and other deadly drugs get up to Chicago and New York?  There's not some shady looking illegal who can't speak english in a shitbox Kia.  It's taken across our border and then through a network of trucks and cops, shipped to all points American under extreme protection and accountability.  

It's amazing how well it does that Americans just shout "Cartel violence!", not realizing it's the guy down the street from us providing it.  This many years later, nobody stops to think about it.  That's how you know they're good.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

You’re not following. 

Keeping a gun in the house greatly increases the chance that a child will die from that gun either by suicide or accidental discharge. I don't blame people that want to keep a gun for hunting, protection, or even if they just think they're cool. But don't fool yourself into the belief that you're not introducing a dangerous weapon into your house.

I'm not proposing laws to take away gun ownership but too many people do a poor job of securing them.

In reality, the gun confiscation is being done by criminals:

More than 4,400 people called Houston police in 2022 after guns were stolen from their vehicles, a more than 19 percent increase from 2021, when the department received about 3,700 reports, said John Cannon, spokesperson for the police department.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/crime/article/houston-guns-stolen-from-car-report-police-17777257.php

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Well, let’s keep debating it while people keep legally buying these things and mowing down little kids at school.

As I said, you might as well try to stop the sun from rising. The all or nothing solution isn’t happening. 

23 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I’m curious what the chances of a nuclear war are and if that is enough for Bobby to build a bomb shelter. I mean, it could happen and if it does, he would definitely use it.

I get it. Someone has reached a different conclusion about their personal safety and you feel derision is the best path forward. Whatever. I’m not here for your approval. 

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

How can he reasonably get in a car or on a plane? 

You are inadvertently making my point. The odds of dying in a plane crash are astronomically low. And yet the pilots practice for emergencies as a matter of course several times a year. And you would demand no less of them. Statistically speaking, they shouldn’t bother. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

But don't fool yourself into the belief that you're not introducing a dangerous weapon into your house.

Yes, it does if you’re foolish about securing your weapons. 

Buying your kid a car is probably more dangerous and yet there is no outcry to ban them. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Hook 'Em 2