• Yes, whenever possible
    • No, I'll take my chances if something happens
    • Got guns at home, don't carry outside of home
    • No, but not against it. Come to think of it, I should get a gun
    • No I don't
    • Yes I do, but concealed
    • Yes, and you will see what I'm packing chief

Just now, Bobby_Batronic said:

As I said, you might as well try to stop the sun from rising. The all or nothing solution isn’t happening. 

We’re in complete agreement that we will do absolutely nothing while school kids continue to get murdered while trying to learn.

This is America, the only place on earth where it routinely happens.

I live in OK, have a CCL. I used to carry to and from work, as I drive through some shitty areas, but after my work schedule got change to WAH part time, I just sort of forgot about carrying. I got used to rarely going anywhere. My 9mm is in my nightstand, haven't touched it in months. Also have a 12 gauge in the bedroom closet. I think open carry is retarded. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

We’re in complete agreement that we will do absolutely nothing while school kids continue to get murdered while trying to learn.

This is America, the only place on earth where it routinely happens.

Yep. You go work as hard as you can to inactbgun control, I’ll go push to harden soft targets like schools, and we can meet back up when none of it happens. 

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's why we set training and require tests before allowing a kid to drive.

And still they kill themselves in others that dwarf those killed in mass shootings. 

Look, if you want to require firearms training enroute to legal gun ownership then I think most gun supporters would be behind that. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Yes, it does if you’re foolish about securing your weapons. 

Buying your kid a car is probably more dangerous and yet there is no outcry to ban them. 

The statistics say your kid is going to kill himself with your gun. Good luck feeling safe!

12 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Welp, this took a turn

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I mean, you knew it would.

Sirs, I simply followed the conversation along the course it took naturally. That being said, whenever Batronic shows up to give an opinion about something it usually goes tits up in short order. Like the time he insisted players shouldn't tackle in practice because of injury risks. I'm shocked he didn't make the connection at the time that they'd have had a 5% less chance of injury if they just carried a fucking pistol in their waistbands at practice. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

More than 4,400 people called Houston police in 2022 after guns were stolen from their vehicles, a more than 19 percent increase from 2021, when the department received about 3,700 reports, said John Cannon, spokesperson for the police department.

No problems dude, we'll just sell those fucking idiots more guns, and the problem will go away. Its their constitutional right to contribute to this fucking insane problem. We'll just keep pumping 15 million guns a year into the population and all stand around scratching our balls wondering why the average american is so much more likely to killed by a firearm than any other first world country. 

image.png.fd820220da1137b7845ae6771ca8bd87.png

7 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Yes, it does if you’re foolish about securing your weapons. 

Buying your kid a car is probably more dangerous and yet there is no outcry to ban them. 

Dude, that's such a bullshit argument. The primary purpose of transportation is to move people from point A to point B. The primary purpose of a gun is to kill/destroy a person, animal or object. When the use of transportation results in death, its usually an accident. When the use of guns results in death, its overwhelmingly because that was the intent when the trigger was pulled. And yet, even with that distinction, Texas requires a drivers license and annual automobile registration and inspection for the operator of the transportation. Guns....fuck it, no license or registration required?

Pew Pew Pew GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CHIEF said:

Kind of a long story:

Normal small town thugs, apparently. Everyone in Throckmorton was scared of them. They had gotten off work and stopped at the beer store at the Stephens/Throckmorton county line. Didn't have enough money for the amount of beer they wanted to buy. Tried to get me to pull over to rob me on the side of the road. Had my eight year old in the truck. I was meeting uncles in town to eat. Both were already CCL holders. Tried to call them multiple times but no signal. I arrived about 15 minutes before they did. Throckmorton has no LEOs. Had the truck in reverse and the turbo spoiled when they slid in behind me in the parking lot, so I parked it on top of their Olds Aurora. I opened the driver door and backed into the A-pillar to keep them from getting behind me. They attacked me with full beer bottles, I had one of the new boxcutter pocketknives that had just come out. It had a fresh blade. They started swinging and I went to town on them, cutting biceps, kidneys, hands, legs, and feet. It took them a little while to figure out what was happening to them. The hospital was across the street, so they all ran over there to the emergency room. 

The streets were so bloody they had to wash it down with a firetruck. They ran out of sutures after about 1000 stitches on these fools, and was trying to get them careflighted out, but we hunted with a careflight commander, and he had all flights coming to Throckmorton grounded. These fuckers had called their family, so about another 10-15 of them was about to show up. Thats when the first LEO, a game warden, showed up about 18 minutes after the fight started. He cuffed me and threw me in his truck and guarded it with his AR-15 drawn on them. The next closest LEO was nearly an hour away.

I got a scolding that night from both the game warden and state trooper. This was something that occurred on desolate rural highways a couple of times a year, and that only idiots aren't carrying on these roads. Said if I would have been armed I could have done the town a great service. I only had a cut on my scalp from a beer bottle, got cleaned up and went hunting the next morning. The thugs got assault with a deadly weapon, child endangerment charges, scars, and some pretty permanent damage.

After that, one uncle gave me his 1911 to carry until I bought a P365 a couple of years ago. So even after that, I don't have a CCL, and only have gotten serious about having one in the truck now that I'm too old to participate in such shenanigans.

I still regret that night, those thugs were someone's son, father, brother, and husband. You can't count on the dregs of society to feel the same way. That is what is puzzling to me when I see people advocating that no-one be armed at all, that you can just "reason" your way out of the situation. The perps objective is to not spend time in prison. The easiest way to do it, is to leave no witnesses. Those that live in their little affluent neighborhoods with overlapping LEO departments,  are ignorant, and oblivious to what true desolation, and no LEO presence can mean once you get 100+ miles away from the city. I will say that CCL and open carry have not been the biggest preventative obstacles to crime, but the iPhone camera, and more cell towers

I told CHIEF Jr. before the fight started that Dad probably wasn't going to live through this, and to take care of his Mom. But, when fists, bottles, and knives started flying it was like everything was in slow motion. Then, that glimmer of hope, and the realization that you are gonna live through this takes place.

CHIEF

You thought people were going to hurt you and your kid so you pulled into a parking lot with them and then got out of your vehicle?  

Throckmorton has their own police department, as does shackelford, and archer which are less than 45 minutes away.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

You thought people were going to hurt you and your kid so you pulled into a parking lot with them and then got out of your vehicle?  

Throckmorton has their own police department, as does shackelford, and archer which are less than 45 minutes away.  

Uh oh, it' Kevin, the guy that can beat up pit bulls, chimpanzees, snow leopards, adolescent grizzlies.....without a gun. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I’ve done a massive amount of driving around rural texas and don’t understand the fear out there. The only place that really made me feel uncomfortable is east texas and the abundance of confederate battle flags. Even then, no gun needed.

Ever seen the HIlls have Eyes?  Rural areas are scarier than NYC

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I’ll go push to harden soft targets like schools

That's the answer, huh? Lots of jail-like schools in other countries? That's their secret? Put Barney Fife next to every door at 150,000 schools? Arm Mrs. Livingston with the bad hip? And when the shooters just change their targets to crowded public parks and soccer games?

It's so brilliant that it's certifiably insane.

Edited by aggie08

That's the answer, huh? Lots of jail-like schools in other countries? That's their secret? Put Barney Fife next to every door at 150,000 schools? Arm Mrs. Livingston with the bad hip? And when the shooters just change their targets to crowded public parks and soccer games?
It's so brilliant that it's certifiably insane.

They never want to look at or address the root cause. Such as mental health care and better gun control. Republicans are against both.
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Nivek said:

No, they made it abundantly clear what they were up to. My priority was my child, and getting him to safety. I wrecked their car so they couldn't leave. They were planing a quick assault, robbery, and fleeing the scene, or they wouldn't have followed me. I had my son run into the restaurant and call LEO. I am just repeating what I was told by the LEOs, including time and distance from the scene. Throckmorton does not have a police department, they have a sheriff's department responsible for the whole county, there was one officer on duty nowhere to be found.. Might want to get your facts straight.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

My favorite Vietnamese place near my house gets a lot of LOE and oddly military. I say oddly because I am not aware of any military facilities in NW Houston. Anyways, yeah, most of the plain clothed cops are wearing their badge on their belt. Not overtly going out of their way to show they are LOE in any other way but that badge. Sometimes maybe a polo with their department logo.

While we are here, and mostly unrelated to the topic, I was eating there last week or the week before and a HPD swat officer came in. I usually sit right in front of the register to people watch. He was in fatigues and had his pistol holstered on his thigh. He orders his food and goes and sits down. Moments later he runs back to the kitchen door, holding his radio, and asks if they could cancel his order that there is an emergency. As he passes by me I hear on the radio “I’m hit!” Couple of O&G Bros a table down here it to. The cop hits the door and then sprints to his truck. We all stand up and see him retrieve his rifle from the back and take it with him in the cab. It sounded pretty intense. I check the news through your the day but didn’t see a thing about any incident where a cop was shot.

Training exercise maybe?

He took the time to cancel his lunch order? Did he also stop off for some Jujyfruits before handling the call?

• Haha 2

Who I am to judge a grown man working in a retail shop?

*Who am I……

Happy to help with your grammar whenever you need it.

And as you make fun of me for “working in a retail shop”…….I do that part time because I fucking love it.

I also work at a gun range for free because I fucking love it.

So while you sit here shitting your pants over someone open carrying I’ll rejoice in knowing I might have sold that gun that’s making you soil yourself.

I’ve said on here many times that I am for some common sense reforms - but it is people like you that keep it from happening.

If you need any more grammar help from the gunslinger, let me know. It’s embarrassing for you I’m sure- but I’m willing to help.

I think I’ll go open carry now because I’m “weak and terrified”.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I’ve said on here many times that I am for some common sense reforms - but it is people like you that keep it from happening.

C'mon, dude. I generally like your perspective. But this is some straight up bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

C'mon, dude. I generally like your perspective. But this is some straight up bullshit.

Not really. We can’t have conversations that don’t spiral into name calling and bullshit rhetoric. Look above and see who started it. It wasn’t me. So why do I now want to have a conversation with the other side about things that may make sense? I don’t.

Want to ridicule my profession and hobbies? Well, fuck right off.

Take a gander at the thread. Let me know.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

So while you sit here shitting your pants over someone open carrying I’ll rejoice in knowing I might have sold that gun that’s making you soil yourself.

I’ve seen it once. Young guy in a sandwich shop in my town of 6,000 that doesn’t have violent crime. Hell, nobody locks their front doors or even their bikes around town.

I laughed and my first thought was “that poor guy has never gotten laid”.

But I bet you look a lot less pathetic.

I’ve seen it once. Young guy in a sandwich shop in my town of 6,000 that doesn’t have violent crime. Hell, nobody locks their front doors or even their bikes around town.
I laughed and my first thought was “that poor guy has never gotten laid”.
But I bet you look a lot less pathetic.

I probably do.

Someone might be mean to him on the internet and hurt his feelings so he has to post a pic of his gun in response. 

*”Might be” would indicate the possibility for something to occur in the future. The “meanness” has already occurred.

Past tense is your friend here.

“His gun” cracked me up by the way. Like there is only one.

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

I actually disagree with you. Because those reforms would include things like eliminating restrictions on braces, SBRs and suppressors. The reason common sense reforms don’t happen is lobbying by our interest groups, who are far more concerned with maximizing their position in the conflict-industrial complex than getting anything done and don’t really represent us at all. Anti-gun radicals are just whipping boys. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

I actually disagree with you. Because those reforms would include things like eliminating restrictions on braces, SBRs and suppressors. The reason common sense reforms don’t happen is lobbying by our interest groups, who are far more concerned with maximizing their position in the conflict-industrial complex than getting anything done and don’t really represent us at all. Anti-gun radicals are just whipping boys. 

None of that would happen.

Yes I understand the lobbyists and all of that. But if we can’t even have civil conversations at this level nothing will change.

Why don’t we try it?
  • Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

What special interest and/or lobbying groups do you recommend that would support consistently common sense things that we agree on? Things like reducing the nonsense regulations around suppressors and enacting universal, easy, and free background checks and logically coherent red flag laws? I don't donate to any special interest groups across the political spectrum, but point me to the one that talks about these things in the way that we have and I will scratch them a check tonight. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

What special interest and/or lobbying groups do you recommend that would support consistently common sense things that we agree on? Things like reducing the nonsense regulations around suppressors and enacting universal, easy, and free background checks and logically coherent red flag laws? I don't donate to any special interest groups across the political spectrum, but point me to the one that talks about these things in the way that we have and I will scratch them a check tonight. 

Yeah, let’s see what comes up here.

31 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

15 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Yeah, let’s see what comes up here.

This isn’t my area of expertise but your posts had me google “common sense gun lobby” and a group called Giffords popped up which seems to mostly support exactly what you claim to be looking for…it sort of forces me to question how hard you’ve been looking for such a solution. Of course their course is going after the gun lobbyists. 

https://giffords.org/issues/the-gun-lobby/

• Hook 'Em 2