2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

JV gets out of the mess! What a pitch!

Commented to wife, "That was gutsy as hell"

She looks up from phone screen, "yeah It was JV..."

That shit ain't automatic and it takes a certain amount of gravitas to pull that string.

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Motherfucker.

I wish Garcia was still in the game to buzz him leading off the next inning

I like Garcia in general, but did not like that bullshit at MMP at home plate.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Oh I have nothing against Garcia, but he’s their best player this year, and you fuck with the face of our team, we’re coming after your best guy

Seems as if the baseball gods already took care of that shit.

FTR, from the Rangers broadcast on Garcia, "knee discomfort."

Might be my imagination, but it seems like opponents in general throw Altuve high and inside a lot more than other hitters.  He hardly seems gruntled.

Edited by slorch

49 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Everyone gives Matt Boltz credit for the radio bumper music when he plays the perfect soundtrack to something quirky that just happened (as they should) but as I’ve pointed out, the rest is crap ‘90s/ early 2000s pop rock.

witness: creed - my sacrifice coming out of that last break 

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood was cool after talking about Jankowski loving Mr Rogers last inning

• Hook 'Em 1

Y’all need to be nicer to Abreu. He’s going to hit like 120 or 130 ops between coming off the injured list and the end of the year. His back was fucked up and now it’s not. Pretty obvious with the night and day difference between bay speed, being able to pull the ball, all that stuff. Just flush the first two months of the season and he’s been fine since then. 
he’s still only our 8th best bat and Peña is still only our 9th best bat of Dusty ever gives us the death lineup, but that makes everyone absorb average if we decide to do it.