2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

42 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Don't know how many of you will agree with me on this, but here's my take: We're not very good. 

and somehow in contention to win the division. Must be dumb luck, because per this  thread we have the worst lineup every night, worst coach, worst coaching staff, worst bench players …. Maybe the other teams are letting us win ?

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

and somehow in contention to win the division. Must be dumb luck, because per this  thread we have the worst lineup every night, worst coach, worst coaching staff, worst bench players …. Maybe the other teams are letting us win ?

People are used to Astros playing at an elite level.

This team is not elite.

It has some elite guys, in a division with other non elite teams, with a coach who's makes the wrong move constantly and won't stop fucking things up, a front office who allows it, and a pitching staff that's tired..... as a result of a manager who's hallmark throughout his career is burning out pitchers.

It's not rocket science.

We'd have 10 more wins if a llama coached the Astros.

Hold that. 

A sweater made of llama wool could coach better that the DB we have.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

That’s literally not what anyone says dude. They say (and it’s true) that our manager is a half wit that rarely plays our best lineups but that we have a bunch of talent. 
none of that is hard to fathom- watch the team or look at plate appearances and lineup cards. 

Brown has a 1.9 era in his wins and an 8.9 era in his losses. 
and here comes the arsonist. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I wish they'd let us win a lot more often. 

Seriously, as lousy as our offense has been for long stretches this year, of late our pitching has been an even bigger culprit. We've had a ton of uncharacteristic meltdowns on the mound. Overuse, injury, bad luck, poor coaching/managing...whatever's been going on, it's clearly not the mark of a contender. And in many cases our shoddy defense has thrown gas on the fire.

Somebody will win the division. That team might then win the WS. Hopefully that's us. But unless our guys unwedge their heads soon, they're about to go fishing. That's the reality of it. 

Me thinks we are done here tonight. I'm heading on vacation for the next 2 1/2 out of the country so will see scores but won't follow any games. By the time I get back the season will be over as well as the wild cards. Hopefully we can get hot and go on a run. If not tonight will be the last Astros game I'll see this year. I'll leave it in your hands Surly.