NBA Playoffs 2023

ztejas

37 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

This really does feel like the end of the Warriors run. Perhaps they win this but, to me they just don’t really strike fear any longer.

They weren't scary last year. They're just a really tough, veteran team with a decade of winning chemistry and one of the best basketball players ever.

That said, when AD brings his A-game, they're probably the 4th best team remaining in the West. If they advance to the Finals this year, the conference should be ashamed.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Warriors offense seems so strange compared to what it used to be. I guess in that the shots are not falling.

They are calling moving screens so they don't have much of an offense besides that. Their whole thing is ton of movement and passing but what's getting guys open is screens. 

Lakers are switching everything pretty solid and fucked up a few times on cuts but other than that staying in front and getting a hand up.

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

They are calling moving screens so they don't have much of an offense besides that. Their whole thing is ton of movement and passing but what's getting guys open is screens. 

Lakers are switching everything pretty solid and fucked up a few times on cuts but other than that staying in front and getting a hand up.

Yeah, and especially when they put a big guy out there on Curry. Warriors are 12/41 from 3. I think Curry is about 3/15 from 3

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

Yeah, and especially when they put a big guy out there on Curry. Warriors are 12/41 from 3. I think Curry is about 3/15 from 3

Also Curry has 5 fouls. 

They need to make him switch onto LBJ and AD until he fouls out in the future.

2 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Terrible way to lose this

Sucks to suck

I usually dislike the Lakers and LeBron but I've been rooting for them ever since the Mavs took a shit.

I wanna see Durant and Book vs AD and LeBron. Two different styles. One plays D, one doesn't. One has bigs that bang, other has guys that can shoot the lights out. Should be fun. Go Suns 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 9:05 PM, aggie08 said:

This series is pretty easy though: if AD plays as aggressively as he did in Game 1 three, probably four more times, the Lakers win. LeBron can't take over games singlehandedly anymore, and we're not going to be talking about how the Warriors dynasty was ended by Austin Reaves, Rui Hachimura, and D'Angelo Russell.

See, I was right: we're going to be talking about Lonnie Walker ending the dynasty.

what is with this terrible shot selection at the end of these games by these all time great players? not once in your career do you need to pull up from 25-28 feet when down by one. that's maddening. both steph and lebron did this. then steph gets 1 v 1 with AD and just dribbles in place and then shoots a one footed fade away. BRO. you're down one. what are you doing. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

GM Rob Lowe did a hell of a job rebuilding them mid-season.  Dumping non shooters Westbrick and Pat Beverly and giving more minutes to Reaves/Walker was clutch. It aint over. Win G6 in LA is very doable and LA isn't going to win G7. 

GM Rob Lowe did a hell of a job rebuilding them mid-season.  Dumping non shooters Westbrick and Pat Beverly and giving more minutes to Reaves/Walker was clutch. It aint over. Win G6 in LA is very doable and LA isn't going to win G7. 

Just now, Zeus said:

14 assists is sweet from Curry but 3/14 from 3 is LeBron tier

Klay was a ghost

I think it was Game 2, the blowout by the Warriors when Thompson had a great shooting game, I said something to the effect that they needed old-time Klay Thompson and if they got that they would be hard to beat. 

They are getting Old Klay Thompson instead.

Seems like Klay Thompson hasn’t fully recovered from his injuries physically and definitely mentally…but the Lakers are quick and long on defense. I didn’t think this would be a bad matchup for the Warriors. That SAC series took a toll as well.

This could still go 7 but I don’t see GS having the energy to win that last game.

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

what is with this terrible shot selection at the end of these games by these all time great players? not once in your career do you need to pull up from 25-28 feet when down by one. that's maddening. both steph and lebron did this. then steph gets 1 v 1 with AD and just dribbles in place and then shoots a one footed fade away. BRO. you're down one. what are you doing. 

The media has a lot to do with that. LeBron gets shit on all the time for making the right basketball play late it games. 

11 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

You can say that again.  And it’s Rob Pelinka

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Kids these days

Harden did it game 1 of their series and it went down. It's sweet when it goes in and it's Stephs shot when he's missed 2 in a row I'm sure he's thinking the next one will fall. Dude will make like 20 in a row warming up from 3 ft behind the line

13 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Deja vu all over again

Tomorrow

Booker is 34-for-43 (79.1 percent) from the field in the last two games and is shooting 66.7 percent from 3-point range in those wins.

And

7.5 point spread for the Celtics

Will James Harden get it going or just coast to another blowout?

Screenshot_20230509-000409.png

just heard these stats from nba mvp joel embiid in the 4Q last night:

played 9 min, 23 seconds. scored two points on 1-6 shooting. was blocked by al horford three times. he does this on the same day that jokic goes for 53 and 11 assists on a 67/50/85 slash line. so many peoples pimped embiid so hard this year, and he won the mvp in a landslide, only for him to quickly remind everyone that he is not on nikola jokic's level. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Stunns38 said:

Seems like Klay Thompson hasn’t fully recovered from his injuries physically and definitely mentally…but the Lakers are quick and long on defense. I didn’t think this would be a bad matchup for the Warriors. That SAC series took a toll as well.

This could still go 7 but I don’t see GS having the energy to win that last game.

Not being able to use Looney in this series kills GSW. His minutes go to a bunch of subpar, mostly undersized wings. It's brutal for any team to match up with LeBron/AD playing 43 minutes each, especially when the matchup necessitates that you go small. I don't think there's a great solution on this GSW roster other than (i) run even more Steph PnR to wear out AD and keep him away from the rim and/or (ii) hope Klay hits shots. 

• Hook 'Em 1