2023 Spring Game Thread of Hype and Doom

immamac

I think it’s more that we haven’t seen Malik play…most of us. So it was exciting that he did make some great throws albeit not with the first team. But if this is the result after what about 10-13 practices or whatever as Sark said the sky is the limit for him. Of course  a lot of media orgs would love for there to be a QB controversy. For clicks. I get it. That’s why Sark let us know QE is the starter. And QE is making progress. That’s what we should all be happy about. I don’t know how much they have broken him down but you can tell though he is getting more comfortable with what they are asking of him. That’s very encouraging. As far as “IT” I can only speak for myself when I say I know IT when I see IT. I saw that in Maalik yesterday. It doesn’t mean I won’t also see IT with QE. I know I had much higher expectations for QE bc of all the hype. I do think it was a huge mistake leaving high school early. But he is settling down and settling in and it appears taking it seriously. So I want him to succeed and lead us to a Big12 championship and win that fucking trophy one last time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This is what everyone is going crazy about? In his first few throws he throws a crossing route behind his receiver allowing it to be broken up and then underthrows a wheel route requiring the back to slow way down to make the catch. One deep ball was good, the other was underthrown. 

I see internet fans are still unable to tell what they're looking at and only see the result of a play. He is obviously very talented and coming along very nicely but he also obviously has a long way to go. 

Bro cant you see auras he has a glow

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I don’t think it’s controversial to say Maalik had a better spring game. I think most are trying to get people to temper their expectations based on a small sample size. I haven’t been Texas fans this excited since Casey Thompson’s bowl magic and that was an actual real game. Throw at 6:40 is a sack in a real game, which directly relates to the prior sentence 

It isn't controversial.  It is obtuse. 
And this was actually meant in reply to Dixon Hur's post.

Edited by cafe society

3 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I don’t think that Helm throw in the endzone was a drop. I believe that was Lefau making a very nice play. TE had him boxed out. Ball was a bit high, giving Lefau the chance to go over Helm and get the break up. Really nice play by a freshman LB

I agree, Lefau made a good play and the ball was a bit high.  I just think it's funny that Murphy is apparently bringing all sorts of intangible energy to the team, and yet he couldn't inspire Helm to bring the ball down.  Not trying to hate on Murphy, he had a good game, it's just amazing how people make up shit to justify their takes. 

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I think it’s more that we haven’t seen Malik play…most of us. So it was exciting that he did make some great throws albeit not with the first team. But if this is the result after what about 10-13 practices or whatever as Sark said the sky is the limit for him. Of course  a lot of media orgs would love for there to be a QB controversy. For clicks. I get it. That’s why Sark let us know QE is the starter. And QE is making progress. That’s what we should all be happy about. I don’t know how much they have broken him down but you can tell though he is getting more comfortable with what they are asking of him. That’s very encouraging. As far as “IT” I can only speak for myself when I say I know IT when I see IT. I saw that in Maalik yesterday. It doesn’t mean I won’t also see IT with QE. I know I had much higher expectations for QE bc of all the hype. I do think it was a huge mistake leaving high school early. But he is settling down and settling in and it appears taking it seriously. So I want him to succeed and lead us to a Big12 championship and win that fucking trophy one last time. 

Not sure if it is because of unreasonable expectations, but I thought Quinn showed great progress for most of the scrimmage.  I thought Murphy was outstanding for most of the scrimmage but also kinda tailed off at the end when he couldn't get them in for the last touchdown.

I read the game thread and listened to a couple at a restaurant in Waco yesterday, and I had the distinct impression that QE sucked donkey balls (not referring to your post, just general comments).  Maybe that caused me to have low expectations, but I thought he looked sharp espeically in the first half.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Has she found the monkey a new home?  It was a cute diversion when we sucked, but we are about to be good, and potential distractions need to be eliminated.

Is monkey fucking Jeff Banks in the ear really a distraction?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Any idea what the attendance was?  Saw someone post 30K but from the highlights, that looks pretty high. 

30K is probably about right. It was pretty crowded on the west side but not very crowded on the east.

It was hot so a lot of people probably spent a decent amount of time getting food and drink out of the sun.

• Hook 'Em 1