2023 Spring Game Thread of Hype and Doom

immamac

1 minute ago, honolulu horn said:

Yeah. His stat line is fine, but he just seems to come out with no energy and his play seems flat. 

Everything is nonchalant.  Which is ok if you are hitting guys in stride.  He doesn't do that consistently though.

It sucks that Malik had been so hurt. Damn! When you see someone that has “IT” not exaggerating or pontificating at all. He’s a badass. Whatever happens from here on (barring injury) he can control but most of us never have been able to see him play. Damn. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

If it gets down to Sark feeling the heat because Ewers  is struggling, he's not gonna go down with the USS Ewers.

I wouldn’t be so sure of that, a few games last year definitely should have tried something else and didn’t.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Even fucking Charles Wright looks better than Ewers

I don’t have any complaints about Charles Wright. He answered the bell in a tough venue, exploited pre-snap motion, and served admirably. I don’t recall any procedure penalties while he was on the field. My summary judgment is Wright was a great discovery by the staff and I hope he will stay. I don’t think his performance today will result in another QB’s removal, but obviously that’s outside of my jurisdiction.

• Hook 'Em 1

I still think Ewers is our best QB going into the season with his experience and talent.  But I'm glad Maalik showed and proved today.  The players love him.  I noticed last year even though he wasn't playing the players celebrated with him on the sideline when they scored.  People forget but he did a lot of recruiting in that 22 class and was one of the first leaders of the Sark recruit regime.  

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

If it gets down to Sark feeling the heat because Ewers  is struggling, he's not gonna go down with the USS Ewers.

there is no runway for that

the #1 needs the competitive minutes against rice (which is hopefullly 3 drives and 21-0) then open the playbook with every route tree in question for the guy that needs work on his mechanics - that would be my gameplan on 2 september because until ewers shows he can throw the ball like he did against bammer and theif, he is oklahomerstate ewers, until he proves otherwise

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Did you forget when Ewers had like six straight 3 or 4 and outs, went 19 for 49, and Sark refused to let Card play a series?

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Lots of people talking on hear talking like Maalik is going to stick around. I want to believe but just can't in today's game.

The way you help nullify that is have Arch announce he's redshirting. He's not ready and he needs to take his time. It will be there. 

We could run shit with Murphy or Ewers, but the pop we get with Manning is crazy. Fuckin big shoes to fill holy moly people are excited about him. I have hype for certain guys but when the entire crowd of people (many whom are casual football fans) start cheering when Arch came in, man, that's just wild. 

Perfect world we get Ewers this year, then Malik next year. Give the kid real time to develop and be ready for that kind of expectation from the world.

PXL_20230415_181941875.jpg

9 minutes ago, GTJ1982 said:

I still think Ewers is our best QB going into the season with his experience and talent.  But I'm glad Maalik showed and proved today.  The players love him.  I noticed last year even though he wasn't playing the players celebrated with him on the sideline when they scored.  People forget but he did a lot of recruiting in that 22 class and was one of the first leaders of the Sark recruit regime.  

I been begging for him instead of Card last year but if he's been injured I guess there's not a real point in playing him.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Yes.

Yeah let’s go by a practice where the QB’s don’t have to worry about getting blasted before getting a throw off LMAO!! 

hope some of y’all never change. I do enjoy the laughs 

• Hook 'Em 2

I was impressed though random guy I was next to was fully fully fully informed about Texas football and had a freshman daughter and wife bitching about needing to move to shade. I had a 1 year old that cries when the cannon goes off lol 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Card has his own set of issues.

Card was better statistically than Quinn last year and his pocket presence was much improved over his freshman year.  The point is if Sark didn't give Card a chance in a game when Quinn went 19-49, he's not going to play Maalik unless Quinn is injured.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1