2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The reasoning is extremely flawed. Acting like we can properly predict "who can beat Trump" based off polls/punditry is a huge mistake.

People like Joe Biden are part of the reason we ended up with Dotard in the Oval Office. 

of course it's flawed.  doesn't mean it's not happening.

biden's narrative right now is "i can beat trump.  also..."

and much of america is like, "i'm sold i don't need to hear anymore."

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

of course it's flawed.  doesn't mean it's not happening.

biden's narrative right now is "i can beat trump.  also..."

and much of america is like, "i'm sold i don't need to hear anymore."

Much of America needs to get their head out of their ass. Keep on thinking this way and Trump cruises to a 2nd term. 

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

There is just gonna be mountains of this bullshit moving forward.  We need to circle the wagons.  Biden gives us the best chance to win because reasons.  

Joe Biden may very well win the nomination. Every Democratic voter should be prepared for that.

If that happens and they stay home on election day or vote for some third party candidate who has no chance, well, they kind of deserve four more years of Donald Trump.

Vote for the Democrat if you want to beat Trump and encourage everyone else who wants Trump to lose to do the same.

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Much of America needs to get their head out of their ass.

i didn't need biden declaring to tell me this.

the only positive about biden being in the race is that it seems to be bothering trump and forcing even more rambling idiocy from his twitter.

i don't know anyone on this board or in real life who likes biden or thinks he's the answer.  i would like to get to know alyssa milano though.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Joe Biden may very well win the nomination. Every Democratic voter should be prepared for that.

If that happens and they stay home on election day or vote for some third party candidate who has no chance, well, they kind of deserve four more years of Donald Trump.

Vote for the Democrat if you want to beat Trump and encourage everyone else who wants Trump to lose to do the same.

Anyone who has Joe Biden as their #1 Democratic candidate deserves 4 more  years of Trump. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, tucker said:

Jeb Bush raised a huge amount but wasn’t able to get far in the primary. I am not so fatalist that Biden will take it. 

maybe i'm biased, but other than size, i don't see a whole lot of similarities between the 2020 d-field and the 2016 r-field.

we have a lot of very good options ahead of biden.

I'm certainly not in love with Biden but to think he loses to Trump is a huge stretch.  He'd easily win simply due to how well he plays in the industrial Midwest.  His entire platform seems to be to vote for him for a return to decency and normality.  That's not a terrible strategy.

Bernie would be a fucking disaster.

Ooh boy this poll looks bad for my man Bernie, lemme dig into these crosstabs like I like to do to get some more context for what this means about the different voting base preferences...

uh...

This is basically just a poll for 50+ y.o. Dems/Dem-lean-Indies.

They didn't get enough Democrats/Dem-lean-Independents under 45 years old to even have them register statistically. You can see it starting on Page 20 with all the "N/A" entries.

That massive gap between Bernie and Biden makes A LOT more sense now.

Edited by bad_teammate

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Ooh boy this poll looks bad for my man Bernie, lemme dig into these crosstabs like I like to do to get some more context for what this means about the different voting base preferences...

uh...

This is basically just a poll for over 45 Dems/Dem-lean-Indies.

They didn't get enough Democrats/Dem-lean-Independents under 45 years old to even have them register statistically. You can see it starting on Page 20 with all the "N/A" entries.

That massive gap between Bernie and Biden makes A LOT more sense now.

biden polls within a week of him announcing are completely pointless and only exist to give cnn something to talk about.

he was around 27-30% and neck-and-neck with bernie when everyone already knew he was running.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'm certainly not in love with Biden but to think he loses to Trump is a huge stretch.  He'd easily win simply due to how well he plays in the industrial Midwest.  His entire platform seems to be to vote for him for a return to decency and normality.  That's not a terrible strategy.

Yes let's return to the "decency and normality" prior to Trump, so we can get someone a lot smarter and more dangerous from the GOP in 2024. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Yes let's return to the "decency and normality" prior to Trump, so we can get someone a lot smarter and more dangerous from the GOP in 2024. 

Yup.  Just guarantees are more effective Trump. 

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

especially considering everyone sees biden as a one-term guy.

if biden wins, 2024 could be a fucking shitshow on both sides of the aisle.

49 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Exactly. Like Chuck said, the way we win this thing is to flip Republicans and play hard to the center. That's how you beat a mad man like Trump. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Biden will also do well with black voters. Being Obama’s VP gives him credibility. More than Hillary had.  Margins are gonna be tight, and increased turnout by black voters, along with flipping working class whites in the Midwest, gives Biden a shot.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/28/us/politics/biden-pennsylvania-2020.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

4 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

Or just vote Libertarian because no matter who you vote for, Trump or the winning Democrat, you still get John McCain [shill for MIC]

Holy shit. He's right. This guy has like, completely figured it out. He's so enlightened that he's transcended politics. That must be what being a libertarian means. 

Holy shit. He's right. This guy has like, completely figured it out. He's so enlightened that he's transcended politics. That must be what being a libertarian means. 

Hey!........or don’t vote Libertarian because it won’t count against the person you DON’T want to win.

I suppose I put a lot of weight into the most anti-war prospect, no matter how many Aleppo moments they have.

Ok, this shit is for the buried Libertarian Party thread, stay on topic

And a month ago Betomania was garnering “WHAT ABOUT ALL THE WOMEN” takes and Warren was dead in the water.

The leaderboard and the mythical momentum is going to swing around more than a stripper on a pole.

I swear, if I were writing an election reform bill, the first order of business would be to shorten the primary season to 3 months, March thru May. No candidate is allowed to declare or form exploratory committees more than 3 months from the first primary; January of an election year. And all state primaries would be on a rotating schedule. No more letting Iowa, NH, and SC dominate the early going.

The general election campaign would run from June to November like it currently does.

Dealing with this shit for two fucking years is utterly exhausting and it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s one of the reasons so many citizens tune out politics and elections all together.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Anyone who has Joe Biden as their #1 Democratic candidate deserves 4 more  years of Trump. 

Why is that? You think Biden will be as bad as trump? Your post doesn’t make much sense. 

The reality is right now Biden has the best chance of beating president shitstain. Could that change? Of course. You should repeat this post whenever democrat candidate ____ has better polling number versus trump. 

11 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Biden is gonna run away with this thing.  

This is correct. And I realize this won’t be a popular opinion on this board.

To start, if I were King I would make Warren president, with Bernie a close second if she decided she didn’t want it. And while they are both in the top five, they are likely to lose to Biden.

Personally I don’t like Biden’s politics all that much. He’s a true corporate dem in the Clinton/Third way sense, and is way too favorable in the past to corporate interests in the past for my current tastes.

But I’m not the KIng of America and the current president of America is an evil narcissistic asshole known as Donald J. Trump. Plus to make it even better the repubican party is a treasonous vessel of sea going shit. Defeating him (and the vessel) overrides my brains computer program with respect to all other issues. 

While I THINK most dems would defeat trump, unless the economy starts to tank, it aint a sure thing and I’m NOT SURE. That means nominating the best chance possible  to beat his fat orange ass, and that means UNFORTUNATELY nominating sleepy creepy joe. 

Sorry. 

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Why is that? You think Biden will be as bad as trump? Your post doesn’t make much sense. 

I think it makes perfect sense. 

Joe Biden represents the past. The Democratic voters that want to turn back the clock to pre-Trump days seem to forget the injustices and bullshit going on with this country prior to Nov. 2016. We need a way FORWARD with someone who recognizes the pre-Trump failures in government.  There's over a dozen better choices right now. 

IMO supporting Biden at this moment is being extremely short sighted. He represents the Democratic version of MAGA and his presidency would prolong this clusterfuck of a situation. No thanks. 

i will not vote for Joe in the primary.
but if he wins, i will vote for him without a moment's hesitation or regret. 

Yes, this.

I’m #BetoNow for the primaries but come the general I’m #BlueNoMatterWho.

And fuck all the purity tests.

Trump MUST be defeated.

And even though Biden is at the bottom of my list, he’s 10,000 times better than what we have now.

Fall in love with your guy or gal all you want in the primaries but come the general election, Democrats better fall the fuck in line.
  • Like 1

So excited to fall in line and be a team player for a POS candidate like Biden. It's really inspiring. Especially since we're basing his impending victory off of polls/punditry that predicted President Clinton in 2016. 

If the clear, main objective is to defeat Donald Trump, we will lose. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

So excited to fall in line and be a team player for a POS candidate like Biden. It's really inspiring. Especially since we're basing his impending victory off of polls/punditry that predicted President Clinton in 2016. 

If the clear, main objective is to defeat Donald Trump, we will lose. 

We may temporarily win but they’ll run a more competent Trump against the establishment status quo Biden in 24 and we’ll be in real trouble 

• Like 1