Want to charge your Tesla? That's a blasting!

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Uhhh, . . . .

A Tesla is pretty much a red hat on wheels these days.  I presume anyone driving one of those things is a MAGAt.  Or at least an acolyte of Joe Rogan.

Trump Tweets Larry David MAGA Hat Clip, Seems Unaware It's an Insult

Well I drive an electric car (which you know) but it most definitely is not a Tesla.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm sure that does have something to do with it.

Note that I said "a" reason; not "the" reason.  The fact is that prices of used Teslas have dropped more than the average for used cars.

Probably doesn't help the used prices that they keep dropping the price of new ones. 

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Probably doesn't help the used prices that they keep dropping the price of new ones. 

Well, right.  And they have to keep dropping the new prices in part because nobody wants to drive a political statement.

I mean, there's also the issue that Tesla hasn't developed a new model in years.  Their design looks tired and old.  And the engineering and quality seems to be . . . questionable.  All of that is contributing to it.

But don't downplay the role Elon has in Tesla's woes.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I mean, there's also the issue that Tesla hasn't developed a new model in years.  Their design looks tired and old.  

The back seat in the larger sedan sucks.  No headroom.  

31 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Well, right.  And they have to keep dropping the new prices in part because nobody wants to drive a political statement.

They dropped the May 2023 prices all the way to... the same as May 2020 prices.

2020 Model 3 RWD/AWD $40k/$49k

2023 Model 3 RWD/AWD $40k/$47k

2020 BMW 330e RWD/AWD $44.5k/$46.5k

2023 BMW 330e RWD/AWD $45k/$47k

8 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

No--that's certain true.  But it's a reason why the price of used Teslas has fallen off a cliff over the last six months.

Maybe it’s more to do with global supply chains returning to some semblance of normalcy.  It’s not just Tesla used vehicles that have dropped in price.  

22 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Two Tesla owners. 

https://denvergazette.com/news/crime/edgewater-shooting-leaves-one-dead-wednesday/article_105d2b24-e9dd-11ed-aead-47e339e3122e.html

Two Teslas pulled up at almost the same time, Edgewater Police Sgt. Bob Brink said. A 33-year-old man exited his car and approached the other Tesla. The driver of that Tesla allegedly shot the 33-year-old and sped off.

Sad.  Modern-day version of this:

seinfeld-parking-space.jpg?w=640

• Haha 1

Sad? I mean, sure, two families’ lives have been completely destroyed over an argument about who got to charge their car.

But then again, if reports are true that both the cowboy and Indian were armed, we got one off the streets so he can’t get his feelings hurt again and pull a gun on someone so that seems like a win.

Someone on a firearms self defense youtuber video said the best thing to do is to not get into any altercation, gun or not. It never works out, even for the "winning" party. Check your ego and the rest of your day will be alright. However that changes if you need to protect yourself or loved ones against imminent harm. A pissing contest at a charging station is likely not that type of situation.