Want to charge your Tesla? That's a blasting!

Another law-abiding cowboy gets upset and decides to shoot an indian. This time over a Tesla charging station.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-fatally-shot-altercation-tesla-charging-station-authorities/story?id=99051174

A man was fatally shot during an altercation at a Tesla charging station in Colorado on Wednesday, authorities said.

The incident occurred around 9:30 a.m. local time in a parking lot in Edgewater, in the Denver area, authorities said.

Two men "were involved in an altercation" when one of them opened fire, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office said.

Pew! Pew Cowboys!

• Haha 3

Two Tesla owners. 

https://denvergazette.com/news/crime/edgewater-shooting-leaves-one-dead-wednesday/article_105d2b24-e9dd-11ed-aead-47e339e3122e.html

Two Teslas pulled up at almost the same time, Edgewater Police Sgt. Bob Brink said. A 33-year-old man exited his car and approached the other Tesla. The driver of that Tesla allegedly shot the 33-year-old and sped off.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office investigators said they do not know what the altercation was about or whether it had anything to do with the Tesla charging station, Fulton said.

Officers found a gun on the ground which may belong to the victim, Brink said. 

Police are investigating the incident as a homicide, according to the tweet. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wonder if the shooter was one of those idiots that likes to deliberately block charging stations/spots, because that sounds like the kind of thing that could piss a Tesla owner off enough to confront somebody.

I'm thinking that it was a hot day and he didn't crack the window enough for his dog.

Edited by Bevo

Just now, crash_davis said:

I don't understand people who carry guns all the fucking time. Is it to protect yourself from others who are also carrying? It's a self fulfilling prophecy. 

Have gun, am looking for opportunity to shoot!

I wonder if anyone would have died had these cowboys and indians not had guns? hmmmm, tough to say.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Two Teslas pulled up at almost the same time........

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office investigators said they do not know what the altercation was about or whether it had anything to do with the Tesla charging station, Fulton said.

James Franco GIF

• Haha 9

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I wonder if anyone would have died had these cowboys and indians not had guns? hmmmm, tough to say.

If arrows were $1000 per arrow, bow violence would disappear.

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

When those dudes were buying their guns, I imagine they thought of all the badass situations where they can pull out their gun and save the fucking day, save an innocent lady getting mugged, or partaking in a vicious gun battle with some drug dealer.

What they don't think about is the possible prison sentence, at worst, or the tens of thousands in legal fees to keep them from going to prison, at best.

Ohh, and the fact that they shot someone dead over an argument over a charging station. 

What a world we live in!

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

When those dudes were buying their guns, I imagine they thought of all the badass situations where they can pull out their gun and save the fucking day, save an innocent lady getting mugged, or partaking in a vicious gun battle with some drug dealer.

What they don't think about is the possible prison sentence, at worst, or the tens of thousands in legal fees to keep them from going to prison, at best.

Ohh, and the fact that they shot someone dead over an argument over a charging station. 

What a world we live in!

Why not just dump all the cowboys and indians in one state (I'm looking at you, Texas) and just let them have shootouts at the OK Corral and kill off each other and let the rest of us live in a world where these fuckwads don't exist?

Another law-abiding cowboy gets upset and decides to shoot an indian. This time over a Tesla charging station.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-fatally-shot-altercation-tesla-charging-station-authorities/story?id=99051174

A man was fatally shot during an altercation at a Tesla charging station in Colorado on Wednesday, authorities said.

The incident occurred around 9:30 a.m. local time in a parking lot in Edgewater, in the Denver area, authorities said.

Two men "were involved in an altercation" when one of them opened fire, the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office said.

Pew! Pew Cowboys!

It doesn’t say they had Teslas. So they prob weren’t charging teslas. If they were charging teslas and now we have one less Tesla owner is that a bad thing?

I don't understand people who carry guns all the fucking time. Is it to protect yourself from others who are also carrying? It's a self fulfilling prophecy. 
Have gun, am looking for opportunity to shoot!

These men are cowards Donny.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Why not just dump all the cowboys and indians in one state (I'm looking at you, Texas) and just let them have shootouts at the OK Corral and kill off each other and let the rest of us live in a world where these fuckwads don't exist?

I appreciate the sentiment.  I've often thought about a scenario where we dump all religious people in Utah and build a wall around it.  In this case, however, we're talking about two Tesla drivers.  I love a story that completely undermines stereotypes, and this is one of them.  If the headline said this was two guys in F250s fighting over a diesel pump, no one would even read it.   When tech bros/yuppies start slinging lead, the issue may not be as black and white as we thought.  It turns out pussies come in all the colors of the rainbow.

22 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Pew! Pew Cowboys!

It doesn’t say they had Teslas. So they prob weren’t charging teslas. If they were charging teslas and now we have one less Tesla owner is that a bad thing?

Yeah, fuck those Rivian cowpokes.

Charging - Rivian

18 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

I appreciate the sentiment.  I've often thought about a scenario where we dump all religious people in Utah and build a wall around it.  In this case, however, we're talking about two Tesla drivers.  I love a story that completely undermines stereotypes, and this is one of them.  If the headline said this was two guys in F250s fighting over a diesel pump, no one would even read it.   When tech bros/yuppies start slinging lead, the issue may not be as black and white as we thought.  It turns out pussies come in all the colors of the rainbow.

Uhhh, . . . .

A Tesla is pretty much a red hat on wheels these days.  I presume anyone driving one of those things is a MAGAt.  Or at least an acolyte of Joe Rogan.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Uhhh, . . . .

A Tesla is pretty much a red hat on wheels these days.  I presume anyone driving one of those things is a MAGAt.  Or at least an acolyte of Joe Rogan.

Really?   I know that Elon stans and Maga types have melded into a single hivemind of sorts, but I still see progressive-looking tech dorks driving them (although that could be simply a function of the fact I'm surrounded by them where I live.  I just assumed most Maga types can't afford a Tesla.  Thanks for ruining this for me.  :)

Edited by Samson's Wig

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Uhhh, . . . .

Plenty of other types of people owned Teslas before rocketboi went off the deep end.  I doubt every one of them has sold their sled.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Plenty of other types of people owned Teslas before rocketboi went off the deep end.  I doubt every one of them has sold their sled.

No--that's certain true.  But it's a reason why the price of used Teslas has fallen off a cliff over the last six months.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

What a world we live in!

As I was working my way through my 20's and 30's, I always use to wonder how the fuck so many people would constantly find themselves getting in fights. As a general rule, I've found that if you just mind your own business and dont be a raging jackass, people dont fuck with you. You can enjoy a night out and return home, and life goes on. I think the last true fight I was in was the 6th or 7th grade. I would see all these  videos of dipshits fucking up a McDonalds over a $4 order of nugs, and I wonder how the hell it could ever get to that point.

And now all these fucking idiots have guns. Two imbeciles get into a dick measuring contest at 9:30AM over a charging station and now one of them is dead. Fuck me, this country couldnt be any dumber if it tried.

I know that last sentence isnt true. We'll continue to drink our Brawndo and accelerate towards infinite moronity. 

BK8.gif

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Uhhh, . . . .

I still love my car. No ragrets. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Really?   I know that Elon stans and Maga types have melded into a single hivemind of sorts, but I still see progressive-looking tech dorks driving them (although that could be simply a function of the fact I'm surrounded by them where I live.  I just assumed most Maga types can't afford a Tesla.  Thanks for ruining this for me.  :)

Tesla is the #1 selling car in California. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

As I was working my way through my 20's and 30's, I always use to wonder how the fuck so many people would constantly find themselves getting in fights. As a general rule, I've found that if you just mind your own business and dont be a raging jackass, people dont fuck with you. You can enjoy a night out and return home, and life goes on. I think the last true fight I was in was the 6th or 7th grade. I would see all these  videos of dipshits fucking up a McDonalds over a $4 order of nugs, and I wonder how the hell it could ever get to that point.

And now all these fucking idiots have guns. Two imbeciles get into a dick measuring contest at 9:30AM over a charging station and now one of them is dead. Fuck me, this country couldnt be any dumber if it tried.

I know that last sentence isnt true. We'll continue to drink our Brawndo and accelerate towards infinite moronity. 

BK8.gif

Here’s the kicker for me. I bet both of these dudes would read about all these senseless shootings and think “wow, fucking idiots”. Yet they got so pissed about bullshit that a switch flipped and now someone is dead and someone will spend the rest of their life knowing they killed someone over a fucking car charge.

They were both responsible gun owners…right up until they got really angry.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Uhhh, . . . .

IIRC, I think you live somewhere near me.  I don't know it's just a conscious recognition, but I have seen a marked increase of Teslas on the road near me in the last 6 months and I don't exactly live the most "red hat" part of Texas.  I think there's more people buying them that wouldn't normally but to virtue signal.  There's two homes just on my little street where it's one Tesla and one humongous gas-guzzling SUV so they can cover all their bases.   I had never seen a Tesla with any political decor until just earlier this week near that new HEB.  Two identical Tesla's with consecutive license plate numbers in a carport.  Both with the same bumper stickers.  Had to stop and laugh because neither were plugged in because there's no electrical running out to the carport.  I guess they charge 'em overnight at HEB?    

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

I'm thinking that it was a hot day and he didn't crack the window enough for his dog.

Nah, Teslas have dog mode. Keeps the temperature nice and comfy in there for them. 

I got to be honest, I love my model 3. It drives amazingly and has pretty cool options on it. I've even used it to camp overnight with the climate control camp mode on you don't have to worry about being too hot or cold in your vehicle. 

I don't care about the politics of it either way but as just a standalone vehicle it's pretty nice

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

No--that's certain true.  But it's a reason why the price of used Teslas has fallen off a cliff over the last six months.

Probably has absolutely nothing to do with pandemic shortage of all new cars, yanking used prices up, and then a subsequent lax in demand of all new cars, dropping used prices down

IMG_0989.thumb.jpeg.d04a3f03b6d54e2a187a92c3a5cb4770.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

I don't care about the politics of it either way but as just a standalone vehicle it's pretty nice

This.  Most people don't give two shits about the personal lives of the executives that make the products they use, especially in the lower income demographics.  This is less applicable at lower price levels and products that are easily replicated......like say, shitty, mass produced beer....

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Probably has absolutely nothing to do with pandemic shortage of all new cars, yanking used prices up, and then a subsequent lax in demand of all new cars, dropping used prices down

IMG_0989.thumb.jpeg.d04a3f03b6d54e2a187a92c3a5cb4770.jpeg

I'm sure that does have something to do with it.

Note that I said "a" reason; not "the" reason.  The fact is that prices of used Teslas have dropped more than the average for used cars.