2023 NCAA Regionals Thread

Horny Bull

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

Ball State's started just pulled after 119 pitches and 7.1, trailing Kentucky 1-0.  Hell of an effort.

*starter

Ball State's pen wasn't up for it though.  Now 4-0 Kentucky after 8.  Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer for the first undeserved SEC host loss to the 4-seed.

PBP chick doing the Duke game with the Rhadigan-level HR call:

And she has apparently never seen a baseball game before, because she did it again on another bomb by the same guy even though her partner was trying to help her out:

Edited by Beau Vine

12 minutes ago, WBT said:

Bottom of the 9th and Tech brings in a guy with a 6 ERA whose only career save was last year?

It worked, Tech wins 3-2.

His pitches were pretty nasty. Ridiculous movement on his sidearmed fastball. Kinda guy that after 2 innings, you know what's coming, but for 3 outs, you have no idea what the ball is doing.

His pitches were pretty nasty. Ridiculous movement on his sidearmed fastball. Kinda guy that after 2 innings, you know what's coming, but for 3 outs, you have no idea what the ball is doing.

I wonder if Tadlock is playing the long game in regards to staff availability. Obviously a calculated decision believing they could close this one out.
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I wonder if Tadlock is playing the long game in regards to staff availability. Obviously a calculated decision believing they could close this one out.

He's got 2 decent pitchers/relivers out. I think he's throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. Tadlock has build an impressive program in a backwater, so I'm not diminishing him, but this years team lacks meaningful pitching depth. OkSt winning 2 in a row in Big 12 championship is 100% on pitching and why Tech isn't buil;t for the CWS this year. I imagine deep thoughts from Tadlock like "he's wearing my favorite color. That's my starter for game 3. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Welshy said:

He's got 2 decent pitchers/relivers out. I think he's throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. Tadlock has build an impressive program in a backwater, so I'm not diminishing him, but this years team lacks meaningful pitching depth. OkSt winning 2 in a row in Big 12 championship is 100% on pitching and why Tech isn't buil;t for the CWS this year. I imagine deep thoughts from Tadlock like "he's wearing my favorite color. That's my starter for game 3. 

Sounds like us this year

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Samford won.  I expected them to win that Auburn regional but probably not now.

*Expected Southern Miss to win.

Stanford up 6-2 on SJSU already in the 3rd.  Stanford's DH just had to leave after a HBP knocked his helmet down into his face and busted either his nose or lip.  Lots of blood on the towel but you couldn't tell where it was coming from.

1 minute ago, WBT said:

*Expected Southern Miss to win.

Stanford up 6-2 on SJSU already in the 3rd.  Stanford's DH just had to leave after a HBP knocked his helmet down into his face and busted either his nose or lip.  Lots of blood on the towel but you couldn't tell where it was coming from.

Yeah, that was rough. SJSU is a fucking joke. 

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

East Carolina vs OU

Finding it harder to root against OU than normal, East Carolina really annoyed me last year.

Honestly, OU baseball doesn't bother me that much. I don't recall their players or fans (all 113 of them) being total douchebags. Skip being there doesn't hurt. Still no reason to be swept at home by then though.

Lulz, 3-0 gata final.  Florida A&M's 2nd and 3rd outs in the 9th were runners trying to score from 2nd on singles getting thrown out at the plate.  I guess they were more worried with not getting shut out than trying to win the game.

A&M outhit them 7-5.

Edited by WBT

When they paired us with ORU, I knew it made sense on a regional basis but had a sinking feeling we were screwed…especially with sore arms from last weekend.  

They look like the better team at this point. We’ll see what this team is made of. I have a feeling we already know.