SurlyHorns Appreciation Thread - Thanks for Not Being Too Annoying

Dbeasy

I realized this morning what an incredible site SurlyHorns/ShaggyBevo is as compared to much of the internet. I visit a financial forum periodically and holy shit is it a beat down.  First, posters are CONSTANTLY reporting other posters for just innocuous comments. If those posters were on Surly, we'd find them weeping in the corner of their garage with a blankie on them sucking their thumb.

Second, the moderators are Nazi's with the feelings of a 7 year old girl. They overmoderate everything, and act like they own the internet. They have no clue that the entire group can just setup discussions somewhere else in about 10 minutes and leave them yanking on their scrot's. It's HornFans all over.

Finally, a huge percentage of the posters are annoying as hell. I have one Surly poster on ignore, and it's only because I don't get his sense of humor and that's all he really posts. For the rest of the people on Surly that annoy me, it's not nearly as bad as some of the idiots out there on the internet.

Cheers, Salud, Prost SurlyHorns.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 11:59 AM, Dbeasy said:

I realized this morning what an incredible site SurlyHorns/ShaggyBevo is as compared to much of the internet. I visit a financial forum periodically and holy shit is it a beat down.  First, posters are CONSTANTLY reporting other posters for just innocuous comments. If those posters were on Surly, we'd find them weeping in the corner of their garage with a blankie on them sucking their thumb.

Second, the moderators are Nazi's with the feelings of a 7 year old girl. They overmoderate everything, and act like they own the internet. They have no clue that the entire group can just setup discussions somewhere else in about 10 minutes and leave them yanking on their scrot's. It's HornFans all over.

Finally, a huge percentage of the posters are annoying as hell. I have one Surly poster on ignore, and it's only because I don't get his sense of humor and that's all he really posts. For the rest of the people on Surly that annoy me, it's not nearly as bad as some of the idiots out there on the internet.

image.gif.c012283b3110c535e99a1f7e221ade5c.gif

• Haha 2

Roll my eyes when dipshit fans get salty and try to claim it as a UT site.

Bitch, it's waaaaay the fuck bigger than that.  UT is just the hood ornament.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised this hasn't happened at TexAgs, given how much they censor/over-moderate, particularly when it comes to criticisms of the program/aggy AD/coaching/etc. HornFans was bad, and maybe it's the passage of time, but feels like TexAgs is so much worse.

But that's a really weird dynamic, considering that a bunch of those people are actually verifying themselves with TexAgs.com as having been actual aggy.  

Sorry for trying to be funny.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

Scrotum