EPL 2023/24: Oil, Money and Power

Captain Ron

Scary scenes at Bournemouth. The Luton captain collapsed on the pitch. The medical team rushed in to help him and the players for both squads went into the locker rooms. He was stretchered off and is said to be responsive. The match has now been abandoned. 1-1. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Wow, didn’t see this until now. Officiating in this league is tragic. 

It drew a yellow.

I guess my question is does that deserve a red?

To me that's just a late tackle that misses the ball and just a yellow. Now there is the DOGSO, with the defender there is it? It could go either way.

5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

It drew a yellow.

To me that's just a late tackle that misses the ball and just a yellow. Now there is the DOGSO, with the defender there is it? It could go either way.

That is clearly DOGSO and a reckless last man challenge at that. Could have been red in two different ways. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

Scary scenes at Bournemouth. The Luton captain collapsed on the pitch. The medical team rushed in to help him and the players for both squads went into the locker rooms. He was stretchered off and is said to be responsive. The match has now been abandoned. 1-1. 

Apparently this was the second time it happened to him.

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

It drew a yellow.

I mean if VvD’s red was denial of a goal scoring opportunity then that clearly is.

I'm thinking that Bournemouth-Luton will be have to be played from the start when it's rescheduled. It's the only fair way to enforce that rule. 

Would have totally sucked if one team was up big though. Can't think of a recent example of this happening in the premiere league, but I feel like there must have been. Maybe one where the lights went out?

20 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

And regardless I think we’re in for a doozy of a race. Last year Arsenal was out of touch for most teams, this year we have a good number within reach. 

For sure. Your guess of ~ 85 to win it seems right. Arsenal are expectedly off last seasons blistering 1st half pace but are more solid in MF with Rice. Liverpool are Liverpool again, Villa… no words for the job Emery has done, Spurs are vastly improved under Ange, and City will get KDB back soon. West Ham, Saudi, and Brighton are damn good on their day. The League is deeper than last year, and the top six or seven seven will take more points off each other.

20 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

My annual assumption is Man City winning going away until they don’t. 

Unfortunately this. They’ve dropped points without Rodri and KDB; both will be back in their XI soon (unless Rodri keeps getting himself suspended). Until they don’t, I expect them to flip the Terminator switch and reel off 10 consecutive wins or however many are necessary to clinch the league. First half of last year, they never went more than three matches without dropping points. Then won 12 in a row. 

Edited by Dutch

So the Blades appear to be a lock for relegation. Burnley need to make a move or they're the next lock. Then you have a nice relegation battle between Luton Town, Everton, Forest, Palace, and Brentford for the final spot. Hope Luton can stay up.  

And just like that the Blades get 2 goals against Luton. 

Ha this game is drunk. Now 3-2 Luton off 2 own goals!

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1