Champions League 69!! (2023-24 edition)

Captain Ron

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

The only thing more exceptional was the Madrid bandwagon fans showing up right on time. 

I’ve never rooted for a Spanish team. I’ve never rooted for an English team. I hate them both. I am well documented as a supporter of German teams. 

Real v. City is basically OU v. A&M.  There are no winners.  It’s basically who do I want to see lose.  And yeah, it’s City.  As much as it pains me that Real moves on.  Now gotta cheer for Bayern and PSG to knock off Real.  Very doubtful.

And next year, Real gets Mbappe, Endrick, and Davies.  

Real v. City is basically OU v. A&M.  There are no winners.  It’s basically who do I want to see lose.  And yeah, it’s City.  As much as it pains me that Real moves on.  Now gotta cheer for Bayern and PSG to knock off Real.  Very doubtful.
And next year, Real gets Mbappe, Endrick, and Davies.  

giphy.gif

Hala Madrid!

Posted (edited)

All EPL clubs have been knocked out of Europe, except for one!

Spoiler

IMG_4471.thumb.jpeg.3f705268cce9e09ef5d280cb239d3e72.jpeg

World Cup winner Emiliano Martínez produced more shootout heroics against French opposition, saving twice to help Aston Villa beat Lille 4-3 on penalties to reach the Europa Conference League semifinals in France on Thursday.

Martínez denied Nabil Bentaleb and, with the final kick, Benjamin André, to give Villa victory after the quarterfinal tie had finished 3-3 on aggregate following extra time.

The Villa goalkeeper. who was booked during regulation time for time wasting, was also shown a second yellow card in the shootout for his disruptive antics but was allowed to continue as cautions do not carry over into penalties.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/report/_/gameId/700738

❤️😎

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...