Monarch: Legacy of Monsters - Godzilla, Titans, MonsterVerse, Kurt & Wyatt Russel, John Goodman, Apple TV Series, Nov 17

atomheartbevo

36 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I didn’t hate the finale. It should definitely be getting a second season, it never fell below 2nd most popular show on Apple TV for its entire run and was usually the 1st. 

Hide contents

So at the end they end up in 2017, which is 2 years before the events of Godzilla KOTM. I kind of wish they had caught up to GvK or at least right before it. 

It'll probably get a 2nd season - it's extremely well-received by critics and viewers alike, and the 5 films and 2 TV series in the MonsterVerse have grossed $2 billion.  Up next is Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire.

Movies:

• Godzilla (2014, Gareth Edwards)
  • Kong: Skull Island (2017)
  • Godzilla: King of Monsters (2019)
  • Godzilla vs Kong (2021)
  • Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (March, 2024)

TV Shows:

• Skull Island (2023, Netflix)
  • Monarch: Legacy of Monsters (2023 - 2024, AppleTV )

Season 2 of Skull Island's scripts are completed, and they are waiting to start production with Netflix.  On the movie side, they are talking 2-3 more movies at a minimum, including one with a minimum amount of human characters, and Legendary's Godzilla license was renewed a few years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

Typical. Keiko and Shaw, both like 90 years old, having to lug the capsule while Mae and Cate go off to frolic.

I am not liking Shaw being down there, these kids are making it almost unwatchable. I’m sure we’ll watch S2 but they better get Shaw involved quick.

I made it throught the entire Time Travelling Godzilla, After School Special: Our father cheated (like my hypocrite sister) and was a bastard child himself with Mae the annoying and self serving criminal "hacker" who hates olds.

I absolutely hated how 3 grown ass 21+ adults had the lines and were treated like high school troubled youths. This show was a beating. Unless they kill off all 3 "good little children" in the first episode there is zero chance I'd watch another season.

Otherwise, it was fantastic.

Edited by BurntEyes

• 2 weeks later...

Finale was pretty solid. The lesbian love angle is stupid. Would have been fine if they started there but May is going to hook up with the brother and sister? Just dumb. 

Hard part with this show is vast majority of characters aren’t least bit likeable. I am team “monsters eating everyone” at this point. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’m on board. The “multiple spin-offs” thing isn’t totally official, but one such idea that’s been floating for a while now is “Godzilla B.C”, which I hope gets greenlit. Michael Dougherty (who directed KOTM) expressed interest in directing it. 

• Like 2