2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

The analysis on the game today is that Houston determined that they weren't going to lose to the Atlanta run game and overplayed the run with a single high safety and eight man box and flooding the middle of the field with defenders,, so Atlanta attacked that with play-action all game outside the hashes 

They were 9/10 for 147 yards on play-action

Atlanta lost 11.5 EPA (points) to fumbles today, so the game really shouldn't have been close 

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He’s definitely better than a backup. Watson was a massive mistake. 

A huge understatement and overstatement in the same post. CJ is already in the top half of QBs in the league. And Watson was very good for us until the perv came out. And we were quick to cut bait. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

A huge understatement and overstatement in the same post. CJ is already in the top half of QBs in the league. And Watson was very good for us until the perv came out. 

I was paying attention to the Cleveland game and was thinking of their backup QB. Sorry I have brain fog from Covid. Look at my edited post. I wasn’t think of CJ I was thinking of the backup for browns, PJ. Sorry. Go back and read edited post. Wasn’t thinking about Texans. 

• Like 1

We need better RZ play-calling. I never understand going to heavy packages at the 1-yard line to invite 11 defenders into the same box. I did like the call to go from heavy to spread and force the NO defenders into space. Just need better execution from Schultz and Stroud.

Need points on this drive.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is like watching Texas from last year. 2nd half offense can't execute and goes into a shell, turtling games away. You should never try to burn clock in the NFL unless you are 3+ scores in the 4Q. Just too easy to score and the Texans defense, while much better, is still not great.