2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

38 minutes ago, Bevo said:

As well as they are playing, I heard some bad stuff about the Texans organization yesterday from an impeccable source. Like, I have a hard time seeing the organization ever turning things around. If anyone is interested, PM me where I can go into detail.

Or just post it here!

45 minutes ago, Bevo said:

As well as they are playing, I heard some bad stuff about the Texans organization yesterday from an impeccable source. Like, I have a hard time seeing the organization ever turning things around. If anyone is interested, PM me where I can go into detail.

The Office Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

If this was before they finally shit canned Easterby I would be full in on my original theory on why he lasted so long: had some kind of wicked blackmail on Cal and Janice...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

just post that shit

• Hook 'Em 5

intentional grounding is not actually a penalty.  a QB should do it every time they're about to get sacked.  they may not call it, and if they do, they just put the ball where it would have been if the QB were sacked.  and they stop the clock, which they don't do if the QB is sacked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

cal is an idiot, his wife makes all the decisions

game of thrones khaleesi GIF

• Like 2

THAT WAS AWESOME!! Watched the game at the stadium in Jax. So happy for Stroud and Demeco getting their first win. Texans were outcoached and outplayed against the Colts. The players and coaches nutted up this week. Shoutout goes to Frank Ross - hopefully he starts getting credit for having the best special teams unit in the league now that he has a better team and a real head coach. Slowik called a GREAT GAME. He exhibited the traits that made me so high on him and so excited that he was leaving Shanahan to come to Htown. Stroud is the best rookie QB to get out the gate since Mahomes. So much to be excited about. Let’s go!!

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I love Tank Dell. Loved him at UH. We need another WR just like him. Worthy would be the guy. Worthy, Dell, Collins, and Metchie. Then take Sweat or Sanders in the 2nd round.

watching Tank in college, you just knew he was going to be a value pick for some nfl team. Glad the Texans stepped up 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Everyone load up the neg cannons for @Bevo?

So what I can say without naming the source is that Cal is to blame. Cal doesn't want any help from anyone including professionals and his family. People don't get along with him including professionals and his family. Plus, Cal is incompetent. This means that nothing can change as far as I can tell. Cal won't seek help and Cal won't allow help and the family can't step in and force him to do anything.

• Rage+1 2

13 minutes ago, Bevo said:

So what I can say without naming the source is that Cal is to blame. Cal doesn't want any help from anyone including professionals and his family. People don't get along with him including professionals and his family. Plus, Cal is incompetent. This means that nothing can change as far as I can tell. Cal won't seek help and Cal won't allow help and the family can't step in and force him to do anything.

Janice McNair owns the team and can do whatever she wants.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Has your source been living under a rock? Cal just writes the checks at this point. 

• Like 2

Hannah can do so much better

And wasn't Janice the one who had Easter Bunny praying for wins? Nah, they really just need to sell the team.

23 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Hannah can do so much better

And wasn't Janice the one who had Easter Bunny praying for wins? Nah, they really just need to sell the team.

All that Christian stuff is BS from what I'm told. And Cal isn't selling the team. Why would he? That is his baby. What's he gonna do otherwise?

And Hank is wrong and the reason people don't post or stop posting insider stuff.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I have been happy that Hannah has been stepping up and inserting herself more in the decision making. He definitely married up and she seems to get “it” from what I have heard from her. She definitely has the brains in that relationship and she seems very personable and closer to the pulse of the city. I think her influence has been felt with the H-town Made marketing, new unis next year and Cal’s Cookout. Cal seems like an idiot but it can be overcome by Demeco and the new GM we’ll hire from the 49ers after the end of the season.

Edited by Macklemore

11 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I have been happy that Hannah has been stepping up and inserting herself more in the decision making. He definitely married up and she seems to get “it” from what I have heard from her. She definitely has the brains in that relationship and she seems very personable and closer to the pulse of the city. I think her influence has been felt with the H-town Made marketing, new unis next year and Cal’s Cookout. Cal seems like an idiot but it can be overcome by Demeco and the new GM we’ll hire from the 49ers after the end of the season.

Yeah, with all that I said, I like the coach and it seems like we did well in the draft. Based on what I was told, I would worry that Cal would piss off the coach, GM, etc. Hopefully, Hannah can get him to shut-up.

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

And Hank is wrong and the reason people don't post or stop posting insider stuff.

Look, I don't have any inside sources, but I'm friends with some people that have known Hannah way before she met Cal. The general vibe I've been told is that Cal has little interest in owning and running an NFL franchise.  

Look, I don't have any inside sources, but I'm friends with some people that have known Hannah way before she met Cal. The general vibe I've been told is that Cal has little interest in owning and running an NFL franchise.  

Good. Hopefully they sell it when Janice passes
  • Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If that were true, he would give it to his brother, Cary, or have the president of McNair Interests run it. Neither will happen -  like zero percent chance.

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Or maybe Hannah likes her serious involvement in the organization? 

Sure, I guess Cal can have the nanny watch the three young boys while he goes to play a round of golf at River Oaks Country Club and his wife runs the business. But, does that seem like a professional organization that will make Houston fans proud?

12 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Sure, I guess Cal can have the nanny watch the three young boys while he goes to play a round of golf at River Oaks Country Club and his wife runs the business. But, does that seem like a professional organization that will make Houston fans proud?

So, would you prefer Hannah at home making sandwiches?

18 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I feel way better about the direction of the franchise now more than ever. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Nanny is one of Hannah’s 12 sisters. 

1 hour ago, Jshep34 said:

Knowing H.M. she is down to earth. Smart, she wants the team to win. Very organized and detailed person. With her influence things are getting better

So...sounds like Hannah and I have a lot in common. Let's set up a meeting, she divorces that dipshit and I'll help run the franchise and help her spend half of Tommy Boy's inheritance. And I'll curl her toes...its really a win/win/win. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

So, would you prefer Hannah at home making sandwiches?

I don't know Hannah. She might make great sandwiches.

What I know is that the Texan franchise is dysfunctional. Cal doesn't get along with people including professionals and his siblings. And Cal doesn't want any help.