2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

Taking my 8 year old football obsessed son to the game this weekend as a surprise, he’s going to be bummed if Stroud is out

In 1982 my dad took me to a Rockets game at the Summit. That team finished like 12-70.

I was thrilled to death to see Terry Teagle, Allen Leavell, and Chuck Nevitt lose by 23 to the Nuggets.

Shaggy Fake Parent Advisory Tip: Suck up and grow a pair son.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

In 1982 my dad took me to a Rockets game at the Summit. That team finished like 12-70.

I was thrilled to death to see Terry Teagle, Allen Leavell, and Chuck Nevitt lose by 23 to the Nuggets.

Shaggy Fake Parent Advisory Tip: Suck up and grow a pair son.

On the bright side, you got to see one of the most entertaining teams in NBA history. That Nuggets team scored AND allowed at least 100 points in every single game that season…

5 hours ago, Fud said:

Was looking at PFF a couple of days ago, and their projected new contracts for Schultz, Greenard, and Nelson would eat up $34MM of that. Those 3 and Cashman are the guys I really want back, and also keep in mind that Nico’s contract expires after next season. Theres room for at least one major, top-tier DT free agent if one is available once franchise tags get applied. 

10 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Theres room for at least one major, top-tier DT free agent if one is available once franchise tags get applied. 

At the top of the 2024 FA class are Chris Jones and Christian Wilkins. Both will get franchise tags but this would be Jones’s second one. His number will be north of $33M. I’ve seen projections for him at 4/$120M with $80M guaranteed. It would be great if Tart plays well in these final games. He’d be cheap. 

I may be the only member, but I’ve been in the “Nico Collins kinda sucks” camp since his rookie preseason. This year he’s finally had some decent statistical games, but he’s made few “wow” plays, he struggles to get open, and does low IQ shit like running into the back of his blocker on that last WR screen. Houston needs another WR to pair with Tank next year. 

3 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I may be the only member, but I’ve been in the “Nico Collins kinda sucks” camp since his rookie preseason. This year he’s finally had some decent statistical games, but he’s made few “wow” plays, he struggles to get open, and does low IQ shit like running into the back of his blocker on that last WR screen. Houston needs another WR to pair with Tank next year. 

image.png.235b59326a9d599e1a8121336aebb67a.png

Stingley needs to attach a lanyard to Cooper for the rest of the game. I guess they were in zone or some bullshit on that 75 yard touchdown, but some CB off the street doesn't need to be within 10 yards of their best WR. 

Just grind them out and kick 3-4 field goals to win. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Stingley needs to attach a lanyard to Cooper for the rest of the game. I guess they were in zone or some bullshit on that 75 yard touchdown, but some CB off the street doesn't need to be within 10 yards of their best WR. 

Stingley pretty much stays on the left.