Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Last 7-8 mins of the 2nd period was great stuff last night.  The AAC had something pretty damn close to a playoff atmosphere for a late start weeknight game.    Still a lot of work to do but last night got me fired up about the playoffs (and good reminder of why we bought season tix despite losing our ass on resales for most regular season weeknight games we didn't attend).

Otter looked great and if he can give us games like last night I like our chances against anyone.  He had some good luck with a few shots that struck iron but that's a damn good team.   Obviously a huge game coming up Sunday but can't slip Saturday leading into that.   Colorado has their hands full heading into that game with a back-to-back starting tonight against Minn then Edmonton.  Would be great if they drop one.  Fun time of year.

Heard this stat the other night but forgot to post it on here but the Stars have won seven straight games for the first time in organ-I-zation history. Hard to believe we'd never done that before.

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Heard this stat the other night but forgot to post it on here but the Stars have won seven straight games for the first time in organ-I-zation history. Hard to believe we'd never done that before.

I believe 8 is the new record. We had done 7 like five or six times before.

Mavrik Bourque called up. Not sure why, but maybe someone needs a maintenance day. Guess we'll see if anyone is scratched tomorrow

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I believe 8 is the new record. We had done 7 like five or six times before.

Mavrik Bourque called up. Not sure why, but maybe someone needs a maintenance day. Guess we'll see if anyone is scratched tomorrow

Yes, you're right. I got seven stuck in my head because Razor kept talking about the previous record with the Musers this AM.

Maybe they're bringing Bourque in to get a little NHL experience in the event of injuries in the playoffs. Don't want the guy's potential NHL debut to be in a playoff game.

Speaking of injury, are we expecting to get Dadonov back for the playoffs?

Edited by C-Man

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yes, you're right. I got seven stuck in my head because Razor kept talking about the previous record with the Musers this AM.

Maybe they're bringing Bourque in to get a little NHL experience in the event of injuries in the playoffs. Don't want the guy's potential NHL debut to be in a playoff game.

Speaking of injury, are we expecting to get Dadonov back for the playoffs?

good damn question. kinda forgot about him.

41 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

good damn question. kinda forgot about him.

According to Hockey Reference we put him on "Long Term Injured Reserve" but that hasn't stopped players coming back for the playoffs for Tampa and Vegas the past few seasons. Maybe we're pulling the same trick.

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

According to Hockey Reference we put him on "Long Term Injured Reserve" but that hasn't stopped players coming back for the playoffs for Tampa and Vegas the past few seasons. Maybe we're pulling the same trick.

yeah, I think the league needs to crack down on that shit, but as long as it's allowed, then I am ok with us doing it. if that is what we're doing, who drops off? Steele? Smith? It's not gonna be stankoven.

17 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yeah, I think the league needs to crack down on that shit, but as long as it's allowed, then I am ok with us doing it. if that is what we're doing, who drops off? Steele? Smith? It's not gonna be stankoven.

No, definitely not Stanky. Actually, wasn't it Dadonov's injury that resulted in Stankhoven's call-up?

Anyway, if you're going to have a long Cup run, guys are gonna get hurt so it's nice to have able bodies ready to fill the lineup card when necessary.