Week 5, 2023: Kansas at Texas

Wulaw Horn

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Random: I want to see a lot more of Johntay Cook. He is very good at being fast and getting open and catching the ball. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing him essentially split snaps with a certain WR who appears to have nowhere near the athleticism he had five years ago (but is a great guy and team leader). 

I hear ya but not splitting snaps. You're right about the athleticism, but can't argue with the production. He still gets it done.

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Random: I want to see a lot more of Johntay Cook. He is very good at being fast and getting open and catching the ball. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing him essentially split snaps with a certain WR who appears to have nowhere near the athleticism he had five years ago (but is a great guy and team leader). 

Whittington is one of our best perimeter blockers. He is also reliable as far as getting open against zone coverage

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic
On 9/25/2023 at 9:00 AM, WinningIsHard said:

It’s Kansas for fuck sakes, 48-17. Our defense is filthy. This will be a statement game to those sister fucking, meth head, women beaters to the north to prepares their anus for a pounding. 

Damn I was close haha. That was a great way to close the game. Hook em 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Atticus said:

We dominated them with our O from the jump. The D needed time to get their feet under them and then locked them down too. 2 big plays and Burt Auburn having his hair in his eyes were the only reasons why this game was ever in doubt.

Onward to Dallas

Kansas has a very good and experienced offensive line. I didn’t expect our D-line to dominate like they had in previous games. I continue to question our strategy of playing guys like Crawford early in the game but the long game is having a fresh defense late in the game which totally dominated Kansas. I hope we see Williams play those early safety snaps the later we get into the season and Crawford can play the cleanup role. 

Auburn suddenly developing the yips is concerning but we do have other options there. 

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Kansas has a very good and experienced offensive line. I didn’t expect our D-line to dominate like they had in previous games. I continue to question our strategy of playing guys like Crawford early in the game but the long game is having a fresh defense late in the game which totally dominated Kansas. I hope we see Williams play those early safety snaps the later we get into the season and Crawford can play the cleanup role. 

Auburn suddenly developing the yips is concerning but we do have other options there. 

Who are the other options, and can they hit a FG longer than 40 yards? At this point I wouldnt trust bert with any must-have FGs outside of that 

13 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Shouldn’t have been.  It’s part of their offense

Except that they have been very hesitant to use it lately because of Daniels injury history. Instead, no Daniels at all and fuck it, if they get the backup killed how it worse than the 3rd string..

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

We dominated them with our O from the jump. The D needed time to get their feet under them and then locked them down too. 2 big plays and Burt Auburn having his hair in his eyes were the only reasons why this game was ever in doubt.

Onward to Dallas

It was never in-doubt.  I know this cause in my drunken stupor it never occurred to me that we would lose - that’s unusual- probably the 10yd a carry gave me a certain confidence - only worried about the cover