Same-day road trip to OU game from Austin -- anyone?

Brisketexan

Zeppelin is a solid choice. So many great choices for road trip.  Glad you're gonna mix up styles an genre -- that's when the fun happens.  

Had a roadtrip back from Colorado with my son -- he talked about music he likes and how he hates new country.  For hours I had him bring up old artists and songs he had never heard of... amazing trip.  

Y'all fuckin' have great badass time !!!  🤘

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Gotta pass - Am attending Mrs. Brat’s 60th Fightin’ Taylor Duck class reunion. 
Was shocked to discover a Taylor hotel room is $188 plus taxes & fees per night.

They’ll probably be playing Bill Haley & Elvis on the juke box.

Yeah but you got the Taco Bell right next door, so it’s a win.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Love me some Moe and Joe.

Ok, so here’s the deal….@MissingInAction is in. So we’ve got us a road trip. We have room for 2 more as well. You might not wanna miss out on this.

Looking for suggestions for a playlist on the way up. Don is on it (lotsa Don). Moe and Joe will probably make it. Bellamy brothers. Maybe some Eddie Rabbit. Some Kansas. ZZ Top. Maybe some Steve Miller Band. What else?

It’s mandatory to have some SRV when making the trip from his adopted hometown to his actual hometown. You can choose whether you prefer this starting out the trip, or as you pull up to the Fair, or for me personally, I prefer it just as the burnt orange sunrise is creeping over the horizon on your right 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

@MissingInAction if Brisket puts on The Carpenter's greatest hits he might be trying to get into your pants. Keep your head on a swivel. 

It really is disturbing to me that we all know all of Brisket's stories.

I mean, he does only have like five of them.  And he tells each one of them at least once a year.  But still, . . . .

26 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

IMG_3147.jpeg.fdb430aa1733443bbbae8a7173b017d9.jpeg

They all gonna fit in this thing?  

That looks like the car Gregory Peck rode in from the film, "The Omen."  That's not a bad sign, is it?  

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

We didn't have to hear that fucking song once last year and with a little luck, maybe we can do the same this year.

I never really thought about that.  You hate to hear the fucking 'song', if you can even call it a fight song.  But I didn't really stop to appreciate the complete absence of it either.  Then again, like my maternal uncles from South Texas used to say, "Only time you worry about an Oklahoman is when they get quiet."  

34 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It really is disturbing to me that we all know all of Brisket's stories.

I mean, he does only have like five of them.  And he tells each one of them at least once a year.  But still, . . . .

This is not correct.  I have many other stories that I haven't shared on here, or haven't shared in a long, long time.

Like the time we got iced in at a little hunting cabin in Egypt, Texas.  We had to fill the toilet tank with water from the pond after we broke through the ice.  We ate geese that we shot cooked with wild onions.  We had a shitty TV and VCR with a copy of Eddie Murphy: Raw and Animal House.  Watched each one like 5 times.  Played a lotta dominoes.

Or the time my buddy and I went all in with two gals driving a late 60s Dodge Dart, and ended up back at their place in Oak Cliff.  Walk into the house, and one of the gal's brothers, who looked just like Charles Manson, greeted us.  My buddy and I spent the night with our respective "dates."  My buddy got fleas.

I've got a bunch more.  But I can't tell 'em, because I sold them to Peterman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

They also asked who I'd be riding with..

That answer is Destiny!

Is she at the Red Rose now or Palazio?

Either way I look forward to "Tales from the Road Trip" with photos and/or police reports detailing how "the female assailant subdued the victim with chloroform, at which point she removed the organ in question."

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is not correct.  I have many other stories that I haven't shared on here, or haven't shared in a long, long time.

Like the time we got iced in at a little hunting cabin in Egypt, Texas.  We had to fill the toilet tank with water from the pond after we broke through the ice.  We ate geese that we shot cooked with wild onions.  We had a shitty TV and VCR with a copy of Eddie Murphy: Raw and Animal House.  Watched each one like 5 times.  Played a lotta dominoes.

Or the time my buddy and I went all in with two gals driving a late 60s Dodge Dart, and ended up back at their place in Oak Cliff.  Walk into the house, and one of the gal's brothers, who looked just like Charles Manson, greeted us.  My buddy and I spent the night with our respective "dates."  My buddy got fleas.

I've got a bunch more.  But I can't tell 'em, because I sold them to Peterman.

Oh no... Brisketexan sex-capades incoming

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

The brother may have looked like Charles Manson.  But she was a dead ringer for David Berkowitz.  How can you "perform" knowing Manson's doppelganger is in the next room?  Probably listening.  

Actually, her name was Betty.  Except I kept calling her "Peggy" for some reason.  My buddy had to keep correcting me.  

The next day, we had to have them drop us off somewhere, because they were leaving their house early -- my buddy's companion had to start her shift at K-Mart early on Sunday.  They dropped us back where they met us, in the West End.  Which was a ghost town.  All that was open was a Good Eats.  We were able to go in and get coffee.  We were all outta money, except for the $5 that my buddy stole from his date's purse while she was driving us there.

So, for reals....where should we park?  Been a long time since I've been.  way back when, I used to park on the field by James Madison high school (paid like $20).  I presume there are other lots around there like it?  Are they cash only, are there any where you can buy parking in advance online?

On 10/3/2023 at 8:42 PM, Brisketexan said:

Love me some Moe and Joe.

Ok, so here’s the deal….@MissingInAction is in. So we’ve got us a road trip. We have room for 2 more as well. You might not wanna miss out on this.

Looking for suggestions for a playlist on the way up. Don is on it (lotsa Don). Moe and Joe will probably make it. Bellamy brothers. Maybe some Eddie Rabbit. Some Kansas. ZZ Top. Maybe some Steve Miller Band. What else?

Pussy Wagon