Outcoached

Pancho

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, SamMan said:

Bumping this shit as @Thatguy did previously with another thread to remind people how fucking ridiculous some of you are. I told myself after reading this fucking thread at the time that if Texas went forward and achieved everything that was still in front of them, I was going to rehash these petty grievances. “Oh, he told the kids to go have fun…what a fucking pussy. He’ll never win anything with that disposition.” You morons are fucking pussies for believing that bullshit makes a goddamn difference. Even for the football board, your low-grade, downmarket, paint-by-numbers ideas about what football is, and what it takes to be successful, are so aggie-esque, it is an embarrassment. Fuck y’all.

Signed,

Big 12 Fucking Champs/CFP #3 Seed

P.S. To the motherfuckers on other threads who: a) were “so done with Quinn” and clamoring for Maalik early in the season b) were seriously suggesting Quinn wouldn’t even start if he returned next year…

0d1725f301944d511121867a0e1ee7152cb5a5b0
Sorry you had to suffer through all of those lamentable fucking wins.

The Revenge Tour continues in New Orleans on New Year’s Day. I hope you losers stay your ass on the fucking couch, so you can race over here and bitch about hearing what the ESPN mics caught Sark saying to his players during the pregame stretch period or something, and how it is an absolute disgrace and entirely antithetical to winning football.

/rant

erection GIF

Well said sir, well fucking said. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, SamMan said:

Bumping this shit as @Thatguy did previously with another thread to remind people how fucking ridiculous some of you are. I told myself after reading this fucking thread at the time that if Texas went forward and achieved everything that was still in front of them, I was going to rehash these petty grievances. “Oh, he told the kids to go have fun…what a fucking pussy. He’ll never win anything with that disposition.” You morons are fucking pussies for believing that bullshit makes a goddamn difference. Even for the football board, your low-grade, downmarket, paint-by-numbers ideas about what football is, and what it takes to be successful, are so aggie-esque, it is an embarrassment. Fuck y’all.

Signed,

P.S. To the motherfuckers on other threads who: a) were “so done with Quinn” and clamoring for Maalik early in the season b) were seriously suggesting Quinn wouldn’t even start if he returned next year…

The Revenge Tour continues in New Orleans on New Year’s Day. I hope you losers stay your ass on the fucking couch, so you can race over here and bitch about hearing what the ESPN mics caught Sark saying to his players during the pregame stretch period or something, and how it is an absolute disgrace and entirely antithetical to winning football.

/rant

Listen you self-righteous dick, the team came out flat against its biggest rival and that was on him. Not everyone who pointed that out, or any other failure, believed he was destined to fail. There’s a balance between being critical of the coach and being a dick-riding pussy. There were several games which could have easily gone the other way and you wouldn’t be here beating your chest.

I have always like Sark and defended him when I deemed it necessary. I’ve also been critical when he deserved it. Something has clicked with this team over the past few games and he also gets the credit for that, but don’t act like we all have to be silent when he’s fucking up either.

/rant

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

We all agree that we didn't come out with enough fire against OU. That said, the best thing about Sark is he is retrospective. He always learns from every situation - recruiting, game management, game plans, staff, and culture. 

That is undeniable and such a relief to have someone with that personality to lead our team. When was the last time we had that? DKR?

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, SamMan said:

Signed,

/rant

Got-damned fucking right@!!

Look, if you were out here after Kansas in 2021 or TCU in 2022, beating your chest about Sark being the guy - talk your shit. You've earned it. But as far as I know, only @Wulaw Horn has that honor.

If you were out here beating your chest about Sark after the OU game this year - sure. Get after it too. You don't get full credit, but I count myself as someone who was not dissuaded from his long term prospects after that game. And I want some credit. 

Now I see a lot of posters ripping on people who were critical of Sark, simply because they were critical. People who had legitimate complaints and wanted to air them out. But the people ripping on those posters for being critical didn't say shit beforehand. They were lukewarm at best, and pretty fucking quiet to boot. That's fucking soft.

If you don't want to take a position that fine. Prudent even. But you don't get to act all high and mighty now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I love these "if you were critical then FU posts." 

There were plenty of times this season when everyone in this program had shitty WTF moments. Quinn had a good many shitty plays. Sark had stretches of shitty play calling. Probably the only person who didn't have a WTF moment was Sweat. It was perfectly fine to criticize shitty play or play calling. The great thing is that everyone, including Sark, got much better through the season. Starting with ISU, Sark has been magical. His play schemes and calls were stellar in the B12 Champ game. Since Quinn's return, he has progressively gotten much better culminating in the masterpiece on Saturday. But even then he had a WTF moment with the INT. 

No one wanted anyone in the program to fail. Pointing out bullshit does not mean we are rooting against anyone.

I'm happy as fuck everyone is peaking at the perfect time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I love these "if you were critical then FU posts." 

There were plenty of times this season when everyone in this program had shitty WTF moments. Quinn had a good many shitty plays. Sark had stretches of shitty play calling. Probably the only person who didn't have a WTF moment was Sweat. It was perfectly fine to criticize shitty play or play calling. The great thing is that everyone, including Sark, got much better through the season. Starting with ISU, Sark has been magical. His play schemes and calls were stellar in the B12 Champ game. Since Quinn's return, he has progressively gotten much better culminating in the masterpiece on Saturday. But even then he had a WTF moment with the INT. 

No one wanted anyone in the program to fail. Pointing out bullshit does not mean we are rooting against anyone.

I'm happy as fuck everyone is peaking at the perfect time. 

This is true.

It is also true that there were plenty of people around here insisting Sark isn't the guy and advocating getting rid of him. The lack of patience and understanding of what Sark was trying to build is pretty obvious.

48 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Look, if you were out here after Kansas in 2021 or TCU in 2022, beating your chest about Sark being the guy - talk your shit. You've earned it. But as far as I know, only @Wulaw Horn has that honor.

If you were out here beating your chest about Sark after the OU game this year - sure. Get after it too. You don't get full credit, but I count myself as someone who was not dissuaded from his long term prospects after that game. And I want some credit. 

Now I see a lot of posters ripping on people who were critical of Sark, simply because they were critical. People who had legitimate complaints and wanted to air them out. But the people ripping on those posters for being critical didn't say shit beforehand. They were lukewarm at best, and pretty fucking quiet to boot. That's fucking soft.

If you don't want to take a position that fine. Prudent even. But you don't get to act all high and mighty now. 

Sure.  And look- even amongst me saying- hey look at the talent acquisition and the culture shift we've got going on here the trajectory is pointing up dumb dumbs I still acknowledged that Sark, while being a great offensive scheming mind and a top 10 playcaller makes a fair amount of gameday mistakes and needs to get better from both a management of Pete K perspective and a game management perspective.  He's still susceptible to being outcoached but he's pretty clearly the right guy at the right time and right place going right now.  

I also have a hard on whenever he has a lot of time to prep for an opponent. He's really fucking good. I expect us to score a whole shit load against Washington.  I'm nervous about the other side of the ball and probably always will be if you want to know the truth. 

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

I don’t think it’s against negativity so much as abject stupidity.

Yeah, it is about being wrong, aka idiots.

I was the first to want Charlie Strong fired on his third game, got banned for it, but wear it with pride. That still makes me different the "I am pissed, I am stunned" crowd because I was objective, not stupid in that I made conclusions after competent observation, and 100% correct